Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Why no build your own yet? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591239)

soledoc 01-02-2012 05:34 AM

Why no build your own yet?
 
It is officially 2012 yet on the bmw site you can only build a 2011...which really isn't possible anymore. I think they need to get with the program and put up the build your own for 2012 because that's really all that's possible now. They will be hitting our shores next month so if we're going to build it online to compare we need to see it now. Come on BMW!

pix335i 01-02-2012 08:17 AM

The only reason I can see for the site not being updated is to not confuse people who are looking at current model year 328/335 cars. Realistically BMW is probably more worried about moving the inventory they currently have of E90s than they are about selling out of the new F30s.

Hopefully they get with it though and update the site with the information everyone is looking for!

LS2 MN6 01-02-2012 10:18 AM

Websites are always behind. The cars usually are on the lot before you can configure one online.

AutoUnion 01-02-2012 02:29 PM

BMW is pretty bad about this.

The MY12 X5s were out for weeks until the website got updated. Even then, it was wrong

jackson328xi 01-02-2012 03:33 PM

Seems like a missed opportunity to me. It would seem like they would want their site to be the first place people visited to get information about their products. Its normally months behind this site and others.

tturedraider 01-02-2012 03:34 PM

They never put up the Build Your Own until the new car is officially on the market. And, yes, they want to encourage sales of the out going model.

tturedraider 01-02-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson328xi (Post 6537052)
Seems like a missed opportunity to me. It would seem like they would want their site to be the first place people visited to get information about their products. Its normally months behind this site and others.

We represent a tiny fraction of their market. The vast majority of the market starts shopping somewhere between two weeks and the day they actually make their purchase.

SD Z4MR 01-02-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tturedraider (Post 6537055)
They never put up the Build Your Own until the new car is officially on the market.

What he said. Remember, while the F30 was introduced in Munich almost three months ago, it hasn't been officially unveiled yet for the U.S. market. That will mostly likely happen in just one week during the press preview on Jan 9 & 10 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Jetguy22 01-03-2012 03:52 PM

So this is my first post to this forum, however I've read it for a little while now as I'm tempted to get an F30.

Anyway, to answer the question... This car has not technically been debuted in the North American market yet. Wait till the official debut at the North American Auto Show in Detroit in about a week and a half. I'd imagine the website will be updated within a day of the debut; still weeks before the cars are available for sale in the US.

justinnum1 01-03-2012 04:32 PM

i dont see the site being updated until X amount of e90's are left...right now there are still a lot of e90 they need to get rid of...prob looking a month out

SD Z4MR 01-03-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD 335is (Post 6537794)
What he said. Remember, while the F30 was introduced in Munich almost three months ago, it hasn't been officially unveiled yet for the U.S. market. That will mostly likely happen in just one week during the press preview on Jan 9 & 10 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The official BMW Press Conference is at the NAIAS on Monday, January 9, 11:40 AM - 12:05 PM EST.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms