Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   At launch... what's realistic? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596860)

resker 01-26-2012 09:54 PM

At launch... what's realistic?

Given that the F30 is just launching (and presuming lots of associated demand), what's a realistic figure to offer over invoice? What have others successfully negotiated?

SoonerJohn 01-26-2012 10:14 PM

Depends if you want to do ED or buy domestic. For ED, $1000 over ED invoice is easy and I understand you can do better. Buy domestic is a bigger question mark, but I hear of people getting some pretty nice discounts.

jzcrna 01-29-2012 10:03 AM

I didn't even make an offer to my CA. Got a great price right away. two caveats, he is a board sponsor and I'm a return customer. I'm not revealing the discount just recommending you use one of the guys here.

resker 01-29-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzcrna (Post 6594873)
I didn't even make an offer to my CA. Got a great price right away. two caveats, he is a board sponsor and I'm a return customer. I'm not revealing the discount just recommending you use one of the guys here.

So far as I can tell all of the board sponsors are more than the few hours drive away I'd be willing to make unfortunately. Perhaps, I've missed someone though. Where can I reference a complete list?

BTW, I'm a return customer and my CA already tried pulling some shenanigans w/ me on MF...

Robert A 01-29-2012 10:41 PM

It seems to me that the best negotiating opportunities happen after the dealers build up their inventories.

jzcrna 01-30-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resker (Post 6596000)
So far as I can tell all of the board sponsors are more than the few hours drive away I'd be willing to make unfortunately. Perhaps, I've missed someone though. Where can I reference a complete list?

BTW, I'm a return customer and my CA already tried pulling some shenanigans w/ me on MF...

You can always have the car shipped. Adrian Avila (screename:AdriansBMW) is in Atlanta and Im sure youre looking at probably $750-1000 for shipping, but I would pay a little extra to avoid all of the shenanigans from a local dealer. Plus if you get the BMWCCA discount you can rationalize :dunno: that to go towards the shipping.

When I bought my last car, I drove to Atlanta to trade my 335i in for a 535i. Was at the dealership for no more than 90 minutes. No BS. My commute is around 400 miles from Central Florida. If I want the car shipped it will be around $500 this time, but I'm not sure if I will drive or not. Part of the experience is picking up the car.

Not sure if there is anyone really close to Texas. There are a couple in California who are really good also. SoonerJohn lives in Texas I believe and I think that he bought from Adrian. I know Texas is big LOL.

kneebiters 01-30-2012 05:51 AM

I paid $1,000 over invoice for my 2012 335i. You may be able to do better than that, but I would say at best you would get $750 over invoice. There was a guy who responded to my thread that he got $1,000 UNDER invoice (which seems doubtful), but that was on a 2011, not a 2012.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=591325

kneebiters 01-30-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kneebiters (Post 6596835)
I paid $1,000 over invoice for my 2012 335i. You may be able to do better than that, but I would say at best you would get $750 over invoice. There was a guy who responded to my thread that he got $1,000 UNDER invoice (which seems doubtful), but that was on a 2011, not a 2012.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=591325

One thing I would add. I did an ED in 2003, and felt fairly confident then that I actually knew the true cost to the dealer for a given car of a given configuration. Times have changed a little since then, and I am not sure that the resources that we have at our disposal actually represent the dealer's cost. I say that because (as you will see in my post above), I had to use the old Rizzo method and shop my 2003 deal to about 9 dealers. I eventually bought the car from a dealer in Maryland, despite the fact that I live in Massachusetts.

Fast forward to 2012. Armed with the invoice prices from bmwconfig.com, I got my LOCAL dealer, who is not a sponsor of this board, to do the deal I was looking for with very little effort. I couldn't get that same dealer to even talk to me in 2003, despite doing the same nominal deal.

I am betting that the "confidential" invoice prices that we have access to now represent some kind of member discount, but I don't think that they actually represent the dealer's acquisition cost. Just my gut feeling -- no science behind it, other than my recent experience compared against my 2003 experience.

johnc_22 01-30-2012 07:01 AM

Having done ED in the past and accompanied a friend to the PDC for delivery of his M3, I think this is the way to get a car. Go to Munich and then get the track experience in South Carolina in someone else's cars - fantastic experience all the way around and of course with ED you save enough money to fund a nice Euro vacation and then some, and PDC delivery is free other than getting to South Carolina.

bl@ster 02-02-2012 01:55 AM

I just got back from the dealership and paid $1250 over invoice. They were hard to grind down -- at first they said MSRP only but agreed to my offer after a number of negotiations.

sunxnus 02-02-2012 06:24 AM

Start with $500 and tell them you are ready to commit. I would say $750 - $1250 is reasonable given the model is so new.

westwest888 02-02-2012 10:33 AM

I'd figure $1500 over all in with dealer fees. There are a lot of people on this forum (probably nigerian scammers) that have the first allocation for $200 over invoice but somehow they can't find a copy machine at their "job" to post their great deal on the Interwebs.

Weaselboy 02-02-2012 03:47 PM

I think it is going to depend in large part if you are looking at a 328i or a 335i. My CA told me after the three launch cars he was allocated eight 328i and one 335i as February builds. So I suspect 335i models will not be subject to much discounting.