Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Sportline Build or Luxury Build 335i (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597769)

jk3355 01-31-2012 06:43 AM

Sportline Build or Luxury Build 335i

Leave it to BMW to leave me with more decisions to make on a car than I wish I had to make...

So i have to chose the beautiful wood interior of the luxury line vs the athletic sportline which is what I want in my BMW exterior. Just not an interior with red highlghts in the seats and steering wheel

Anyone else think there should be a luxury sportline? Combining the luxury we are used to on the e90 with the advancement of the f30?

If I build the luxury line, does it have any kind of sport suspension? I recall on the old 3 series of yore, you got the sport suspension even if the sports pack was not added. in the E46. How much sportier of a ride will the sportline have over the luxury line? Are the seats different? I can add 19s to the luxury line. But i do lose all the black accents on the sportline.

Anyone in this situation... the want both in one car?

johnc_22 01-31-2012 07:01 AM

You have to get the Sports line to get the sports seats and suspension which is somewhat like the prior ZSP package on the E90. Of course with the E90 you could combine the sports package with just about any other configuration (you could mix sport and luxury). BMW now says NEIN! to those who want a truly customized vehicle. If you select the Sport line you are stuck with the weird trim line though you can remove the hideous red version of that.

I will stay on the sidelines for the F30 unless BMW relaxes some of their configuration limitations.

justinnum1 01-31-2012 07:09 AM

sportline FTW

jzcrna 01-31-2012 07:57 AM

When purchasing a house they always say that you if you had to choose between being happy with the exterior or the interior, pick the interior, because this is where you will be spending your time.

However, you cannot drive a house.:thumbup: Sport auto transmission FTW!!

DamienM3 01-31-2012 09:00 AM

I hate the new lines. I just want sport with a certain color of leather and wood trim. That red strip may appeal to some but I hate it. This isn't 90's rice time BMW! Should we pull the air vents and paint them to match? Yeah that screams BMW....

pcbrew 01-31-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3355 (Post 6599397)
So i have to chose the beautiful wood interior of the luxury line vs the athletic sportline which is what I want in my BMW exterior. Just not an interior with red highlghts in the seats and steering wheel

Wait for M-Sport:
  • Sport seats & suspension
  • Option for wood trim
  • Black leather with no red highlights or beige leather

jk3355 01-31-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienM3 (Post 6599653)
I hate the new lines. I just want sport with a certain color of leather and wood trim. That red strip may appeal to some but I hate it. This isn't 90's rice time BMW! Should we pull the air vents and paint them to match? Yeah that screams BMW....

I sort of lament the e90 where as you could have your cake and eat it too.

from the looks of things, i might have to bite the bullet. But thanks to all who have confirmed what i already expected.

Any priority 1 options not address on the website configurator?

mr_clueless 01-31-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3355 (Post 6600022)
Any priority 1 options not address on the website configurator?

2 that I'm aware of
- Liquid blue exterior.
- Adaptive suspension (available on Sport Line).

BigDadyCool 01-31-2012 12:39 PM

I remember u could order whatever options u wanted i want the f30 with the sports seats from the sports like wood grain trim from the modern line with the luxury line with gray interior

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

jk3355 01-31-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDadyCool (Post 6600156)
I remember u could order whatever options u wanted i want the f30 with the sports seats from the sports like wood grain trim from the modern line with the luxury line with gray interior

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App

Exactly. I am craving a beautiful wood interior trim, black or gray leather. All bundled with the sportsline package in titanium silver.

Yet... a 535i will be slower than this new 335i for sure. So my only option is a 550i?

Come on BMW, you built the best 3 series yet... let us have the car we dream about...