Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Ordered! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599952)

iversonm 02-09-2012 10:00 PM

Ordered!

Proud to announce that my 128 convertible has a production number!

Details to follow.

energetik9 02-10-2012 08:30 AM

Congrats!

Chauntalei 02-10-2012 10:41 AM

Congrats! I can't wait until i can put my order in.

iversonm 03-30-2012 09:08 PM

I'm due to take delivery tomorrow.

I ended up getting:

Alpine White
Black top
Black interior
Sport package
Manual transmission
Assist/Bluetooth
Cold weather package
Heated steering wheel

Pictures to follow.

iversonm 03-31-2012 06:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures below. While the weather wasn't exactly a good convertible day at around 42F, I got a couple miles with the top down after I got back from the dealer. The heated seats and steering wheel had their work cut out for them. Heated earmuffs would be a good addition.

Handling is superb, with only a minor amount of cowl shake over the rough stuff. The sport package's ride quality really isn't harsh at all, despite the pathetic condition of the roads around here. It's the most nimble handling BMW I've had since my E46 330 ZHP.

The 6MT was smooth and easy once I got the hang of it again. I've been without a manual transmission for the last 18 months, and I'm glad my left foot still knows what to do.

Road noise on the freeway was much better than expected; you can hardly tell it's a convertible when the top's up.

The exhaust note is spectacular, especially compared the E90. It's hard to imagine it is the same engine.

The trunk is also quite generous compared to the typical ragtop.

When I started looking at the one series, I was torn between a 128 vert and a 135 coupe, since the 135 vert was well over budget. I went with the convertible mostly because I already did the stupid-fast thing with the 550, and until now I've never owned a convertible. After driving it today, I'm very pleased with my choice.

All I need now is about 75 degrees and sunshine...

JimD1 04-02-2012 04:39 AM

Congratulations! I have a very similar 2009 vert - taupe interior and without the cold weather/bluetooth packages. I still love it. I drove the 135 at PCD and liked it but I think the 128i has plenty of power. You just need it in the right gear when you want to move out quickly. Enjoy!

Our weather is warmer here but I comonly drive topless in the upper 30s and low 40s when it is sunny. I get some top down drives every month. We've started the time period where I almost need the top up for the AC at times.

A windscreen will make higher speed driving more enjoyable especially for those with longer hair. It's pricey but works well. I got mine from a BMW dealership selling on ebay.

Jim

Gluhwein 04-02-2012 05:16 AM

Grosse Ile, Michigan?

It'll be August until it's warm enough to put the top down up there!

:)

iversonm 04-02-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluhwein (Post 6743630)
Grosse Ile, Michigan?

It'll be August until it's warm enough to put the top down up there!

:)

The weather's always nice here, with the exception of November, December, January, February, March, April, and half of May.

ECSTuning 04-02-2012 11:43 AM

Congrats great looking 1!!

iversonm 04-03-2012 04:47 PM

Thanks to all your kind words.

58 degree today on the ride home. Top down.