Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Rear window (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600962)

bonujj 02-14-2012 02:15 PM

Rear window

Any one knows where can i get a rear plastic window replacement for my car. i have a e36 vert i need to change the rear plastic window which is really nasty..its not the zipper one it s just the stitch on one.i saw a place on ebay where they sell them now i cannot king it.. thanks for your help guys......

jonesin 02-14-2012 02:25 PM

The 'Vert guys will chip in here, but I'm 95% certain that yes, they were all zip in...

bonujj 02-14-2012 02:32 PM

Rear window plastic..

Any idea where can i get a replacement ordered... by any chance..

jonesin 02-14-2012 02:35 PM

http://www.emiata.com/BMW.htm

But confirm with others before buying. I do not now and have never owned a 'vert.

bonujj 02-14-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonujj (Post 6632022)
Any idea where can i get a replacement ordered... by any chance..

thanks anyway appreciate

custm42435 02-14-2012 07:41 PM

I orderd mine from that guy a few years back.. comes with a zipper to zip it in, all you will need is a needle and some thread to sew the end down after you zip it.. be sure to get a friend to help you when you put it in, as its likely you wont line it up right the first or second time you try and will have to unzip it, move over a few teeth on the zipper and start again.. the kit from that guy also comes with the glue you need.. he makes good conv. rear windows.. and even offers them tinted for like 20 bucks more.. he was also selling them on ebay when i bought mine from him..

bonujj 02-15-2012 05:01 AM

Do you have the guy s email or ebay address where i can get in touch with..i went on ebay but no luck..also i heard alot about emiata good and bad so i am confused thanks

hursh328ic 02-15-2012 06:37 AM

I can't speek from experiance but all the forums I have been in and searched recomend
emiata let us know how you make out
I would like to get another year out of my top but my window is slit in like three places
and it would be good to here how it worked out for you alot about what I have read were old posts and as we all know things do change

hornhospital 02-15-2012 07:39 AM

The bad reviews about emiata products are almost all people that had problems installing the window inserts correctly. If you follow their directions and are careful, they apparently work fine (I wouldn't know, since I've never owned a cabrio). Don't blame the manufacturer for operator errors.

petriej 02-15-2012 10:06 AM

100% satisfied with emiata. Do the install correctly (may take you a few tries to line it up properly, especially the first time you do it) and you won't be sorry. the material he uses is much better at resisting scratches and is more flexible in colder weather. I've had mine for almost a year and no fade or blurriness yet.

He can be a little quiet on the communications front, but just put in the order and wait a few days for shipping. You won't regret it. :thumbup:

mfisher0000 02-15-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petriej (Post 6633749)
100% satisfied with emiata. Do the install correctly (may take you a few tries to line it up properly, especially the first time you do it) and you won't be sorry. the material he uses is much better at resisting scratches and is more flexible in colder weather. I've had mine for almost a year and no fade or blurriness yet.

He can be a little quiet on the communications front, but just put in the order and wait a few days for shipping. You won't regret it. :thumbup:

X2...very happy with my replacement widow from Emiata. Just take your time with the install!

Sent from my HTC Droid