Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   My BMW Remote (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601080)

ThreeI 02-15-2012 05:13 AM

My BMW Remote
 
The "MY BMW Remote" app for the iPhone is now available for US BMW's in the US Apple iTunes app store.

wmcilwain 02-15-2012 06:54 AM

Woo hoo! I've been waiting for this for awhile. The hacked UK version I've been using locked out my account a few weeks ago, and I've really missed it. Apparently all you need is an active BMW Assist Account - no Apps or Concierge service required.

openkimono 02-15-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmcilwain (Post 6633289)
Woo hoo! I've been waiting for this for awhile. The hacked UK version I've been using locked out my account a few weeks ago, and I've really missed it. Apparently all you need is an active BMW Assist Account - no Apps or Concierge service required.

I hope that is the case. I spoke with BMW this AM, because for some reason my account is locked and I can't log in - but they said we would need the Concierge service to make it work. They also had no idea how to reset my account - even though they could confirm my credentials and that I was using the right info to attempt the log in.

This whole system is about 75% there... Lot's of hokey misinformation... :tsk:

Prost 02-15-2012 07:25 AM

Just try and my car show up on the Apps (it's kind of slow for the initial signup process), I did try the google search and send a address to my vehicle, will go check later to see does it work :)

stonemik 02-15-2012 07:31 AM

Grrrr
It updated to the US version last night and now I've got the dreaded your vehicle is too far away message. It had always showed location on the old UK version. Was in San Antonio and it showed the correct location of the car at the airport. Now I'm a mile or so away and no joy.

wmcilwain 02-15-2012 07:43 AM

If your account is locked out, you have to call BMW Assist (not Customer Relations) to get it unlocked (888)333-6118. They said it takes 30 minutes to unlock an account.

Mikez38 02-15-2012 07:44 AM

where did you obtain the user name and password?

wmcilwain 02-15-2012 07:50 AM

I got my original ID and password for BMW Assist when I purchased my car. If you don't know your ID and password you can call BMW Assist and they can help you out.

Mikez38 02-15-2012 08:06 AM

Thanks, got it working. Sure takes a lot of time to execute the command.

Prost 02-15-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonemik (Post 6633370)
Grrrr
It updated to the US version last night and now I've got the dreaded your vehicle is too far away message. It had always showed location on the old UK version. Was in San Antonio and it showed the correct location of the car at the airport. Now I'm a mile or so away and no joy.

My vehicle location is dead on accurate...try reload?

laser 02-15-2012 08:09 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

It works, I just found my car, blew the horn and flashed the lights!

Takes a few seconds for the car to receive the command.

Prost 02-15-2012 08:09 AM

I am in my office now, did anyone try the send address to vehicle from google? Just want to know is it working :dunno:

Napboy 02-15-2012 10:52 AM

I had the UK version before and I was only able to lock/unlock and locate. With this latest US version, I only have those options again. I can't honk the horn or flash the lights. It could be because I have a 2009 E90 and not something newer with ConnectedDrive. Either way, I'm happy that it works.

pkfinman 02-15-2012 10:55 AM

Am am locked out of the App and BMW assist tells me they can't unlock it because it is supported by UK BMW even though it is on the US I-tunes.... she said to go on the BMW UK website and there are interactions to unlock it.... I couldn't find it on the website...

Napboy 02-15-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkfinman (Post 6633892)
Am am locked out of the App and BMW assist tells me they can't unlock it because it is supported by UK BMW even though it is on the US I-tunes.... she said to go on the BMW UK website and there are interactions to unlock it.... I couldn't find it on the website...


I just deleted the UK version and downloaded the latest version from the US. It took the same username (my email address) and same password (four digit PIN). I had to enter the password in a couple of times.

ozarkgolfer 02-15-2012 03:10 PM

I had the UK iTunes version and it worked well albeit slowly. I updated the app today and then it would not work at all. So, I deleted it and reinstalled it from my US iTunes account and got locked out. I called BMW Assist and they told me I should not have used the four digit pin, but the original full password - it was 8 numbers - and that's why I was locked. Anyhow, they have changed it to a 4 character password but it will be 24 hours for the password to 'take' at corporate.

Scbimmer535 02-15-2012 03:13 PM

I'm not seeing it in the app store?
 
.

Prost 02-15-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scbimmer535 (Post 6634593)
.

just type My BMW Remote and it's there :confused:

SKColorado 02-15-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer (Post 6634586)
I had the UK iTunes version and it worked well albeit slowly. I updated the app today and then it would not work at all. So, I deleted it and reinstalled it from my US iTunes account and got locked out. I called BMW Assist and they told me I should not have used the four digit pin, but the original full password - it was 8 numbers - and that's why I was locked. Anyhow, they have changed it to a 4 character password but it will be 24 hours for the password to 'take' at corporate.

We just got off the phone with BMW Assist and were told the following regarding my wife's F25:
1. Log on is the email address in ALL CAPS (it is case sensitive).
2. The PIN is only 4 numbers. The representative said she was not aware of an 8 digit PIN only a 4 digit PIN.
3. It would take a minimum 30 min and up to 24 hours before the change in PIN takes effect and the account to unlock.
4. As of right now only one iPhone per vehicle. She wasn't sure when multiple iPhones would be able to access the same vehicle.

I am not saying ozarkgolfer is wrong. It seems BMW Assist is not communicating clearly right now. Probably because they are swamped with phone calls (we were on hold for 18min before reaching a representative).

stonemik 02-15-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKColorado (Post 6634961)
effect and the account to unlock.
4. As of right now only one iPhone per vehicle. She wasn't sure when multiple iPhones would be able to access the same vehicle.

Uhm not entirely correct - it's "works" on my iPhone and both my iPads. And by "works", the older UK version - I *think* 1.03 version, showed the location my my car when I was in a different city - never got the "cannot show due to privacy reasons" alert but now with the new US version it will only show location when I'm within 0.6miles (sigh)

Blkthght 02-15-2012 06:43 PM

Damn.....still no love for android.

SKColorado 02-15-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonemik (Post 6635017)
Uhm not entirely correct - it's "works" on my iPhone and both my iPads. And by "works", the older UK version - I *think* 1.03 version, showed the location my my car when I was in a different city - never got the "cannot show due to privacy reasons" alert but now with the new US version it will only show location when I'm within 0.6miles (sigh)

Thanks for the update. We have tried both her iPhone and mine with no luck. I will try my iPad and see if that works.

My point #4 was stating what we were being told by BMW Assist. Hopefully they will achieve some consistency in their message here soon.

Glad to hear it is not limited to just one device.

alewifebp 02-15-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blkthght (Post 6635065)
Damn.....still no love for android.

A few months ago they said a version was coming out for Android at some point in the future. Hopefully we see that soon.

wmontalt 02-16-2012 07:51 AM

All CAPS ??????
 
Have been trying to log into the app for past 24 hours and all trys fail , just hung up with BMW Assit and they tell I have to use all caps for user name and password including the @ sign ??? which is not possible to do. Again no amount trys with BMW on the phone worked. Message keeps saying Failed Authentication etc, .He changed my password and told me wait 24 hours and try again using all caps. I told him that if it works but I have to use all caps I could find the car faster in a parking lot than I could key in my data using all caps. Any thoughts on whether all caps information is correct?

laser 02-16-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmontalt (Post 6635909)
Have been trying to log into the app for past 24 hours and all trys fail , just hung up with BMW Assit and they tell I have to use all caps for user name and password including the @ sign ??? which is not possible to do. Again no amount trys with BMW on the phone worked. Message keeps saying Failed Authentication etc, .He changed my password and told me wait 24 hours and try again using all caps. I told him that if it works but I have to use all caps I could find the car faster in a parking lot than I could key in my data using all caps. Any thoughts on whether all caps information is correct?

I don't use all caps although I have heard this before.

I think it matters only if your personal email address was set up with all caps.

It's the same email address and format that I use for sending Google maps to the car.

The 4 digit password is what you used when BMW assist was originally set up.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms