Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW News Articles and Announcements (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   BMW News: My BMW Remote - Mobile App Now Available for the US (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601194)

tim330i 02-15-2012 01:41 PM

My BMW Remote - Mobile App Now Available for the US

BMW announced that the My BMW Remote app is available for Apple iOS devices beginning today. This app allows many BMW customers to access remote features for their vehicle by using their mobile device and the power of BMW Assist. These features include remotely locking and unlocking of doors, getting the location of their parked vehicle, and sending Google Local Search results to their vehicle. Additionally, some customers will even be able to send a command to sound the horn or flash the headlights of their BMW.

Customers who have an active BMW Assist Safety Plan, a compatible vehicle, and an Apple device running iOS 4.0 or later will be able to download the app to their device starting today via the Apple iTunes store. No changes are required to their BMW. My BMW Remote operates on the customer's mobile device, sending remote commands to their BMW.

My BMW Remote includes the following functions in detail:

Vehicle Position If the vehicle's ignition is off, and it is located within 0.6 miles (1km) of the mobile device, the current vehicle location can be displayed on a map in the mobile device:

Google Local Search - Search for local businesses, restaurants, and more on the mobile device and send the details to the vehicle:

Remote Locking & Unlocking Customers can remotely lock or unlock their vehicles, providing peace of mind if they are unsure whether they locked the vehicle in the parking lot or if they have accidently locked keys in the vehicle :

Remote Horn and Headlights - Send a remote command to sound the horn or flash the lights of your BMW to help locate it:

The remote features available to the customer will depend on which BMW model they have.

The following vehicles will have Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Position available:
- 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, or 6 Series produced March 2008 or later
- X5 SAV or X6 SAC produced April 2008 or later
- Z4 Roadster from Model Year 2009 or later

The following vehicles will have Remote Horn and Remote Flash Headlights available, in addition to Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Position:

- X3 SAV from Model Year 2011 or later
- 3 Series Sedan from Model Year 2012 or later
- 5 Series Gran Turismo from Model Year 2010 or later
- 5 Series Sedan from Model Year 2011 or later
- 6 Series from Model Year 2012 or later
- 7 Series from Model Year 2009 or later

winggert 02-16-2012 06:05 AM

Does anyone know if the Android platform will be supported in the future?

Aristanet 02-16-2012 07:42 AM

cant login using bmwusa account :(

hhammer 02-16-2012 11:30 AM

You use your BMW assist login info, not bmwusa. It should be the email address your dealer setup bmw assist with, and password which is usually your last name.

SD Z4MR 02-16-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winggert (Post 6635721)
Does anyone know if the Android platform will be supported in the future?

Yeah, no love for Android!

Gre8tW8LL 02-16-2012 12:49 PM

Needs auto-start function

Kurt_OH 02-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD 335is (Post 6636562)
Yeah, no love for Android!

Recently spoke with bmwna. They report Android app under development.

No idea of when

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App

greengoose 02-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gre8tW8LL (Post 6636587)
Needs auto-start function

Won't happen

Aristanet 02-17-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhammer (Post 6636405)
You use your BMW assist login info, not bmwusa. It should be the email address your dealer setup bmw assist with, and password which is usually your last name.

dont have bmw assist - that means cant use this without it?

FBI808 02-17-2012 10:37 AM

Not working for me.
The App gives me the following error msg, anyone knows how/where to fix it? It seems to accept my BMWassist account/password just fine, but it appears to check some kind of security question I guess.

"ERROR: Secret knowledge might not be activated. Please go to ConnectedDrive portal to activate your secret knowledge."

Where in the world should the secret knowledge is? That is not the one in BMWusa/MyBMW either.

Help please. :)

pix335i 02-19-2012 09:54 PM

Here is a walk through video of how the app works if it helps anyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf5ax74YC9U

Jon Shafer 02-19-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pix335i (Post 6643693)
Here is a walk through video of how the app works if it helps anyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf5ax74YC9U

So cool....

:thumbup:

greengoose 02-21-2012 09:49 AM

Everytime I try to login, I get the following message:

"Your Account Has Been Locked, Please contact the ConnectedDrive Hotline"

I called BMW Assist and the only reccommendation they could make was to reset my password and try again in 24 hours. I went through this process twice with them, both times with no luck. Anyone else have this problem, and know a way to resolve it?

Brittlewood 02-21-2012 09:20 PM

Problem logging onto your BMW app, try doing a an update of the app database in the car. after several lockout messages, that did it for me. now the app works like a champ

BMWfanatic87 02-26-2012 09:23 AM

Anyone else get their account locked and still waiting for them to unlock it?

ProRail 02-27-2012 04:38 PM

Anti-theft warning is not activated when car is licked?

Kurt_OH 02-28-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProRail (Post 6662577)
Anti-theft warning is not activated when car is licked?

Does it need to?

That car will be worn out YEARS before someone could steal it via licking.

greengoose 02-28-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittlewood (Post 6648921)
Problem logging onto your BMW app, try doing a an update of the app database in the car. after several lockout messages, that did it for me. now the app works like a champ

How would one update the app database in the car? You mean go into COnnected Drive then service status and then update?

jeffhoff 02-28-2012 01:29 PM

Cool App. . . . took me a while to get the password right and find the paperwork from my CA on the accoutn info.

Only thing I don't like is the limitation on vehile position:
Vehicle Position If the vehicle's ignition is off, and it is
located within 0.6 miles (1km) of the mobile device, the current
vehicle location can be displayed on a map in the mobile device

I wish you could track the location regardless of the distance you are from the vehicle

ThoreauHD 03-03-2012 09:01 PM

I'm sick of these iCrap apps. Android is kicking apple's ass into next year. They have the majority market share.

Jobs is dead. Apple is for tards. Make linux/android apps and stop drinking the monopoly koolaid.

Weaselboy 03-04-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoreauHD (Post 6676318)
I'm sick of these iCrap apps. Android is kicking apple's ass into next year. They have the majority market share.

Jobs is dead. Apple is for tards. Make linux/android apps and stop drinking the monopoly koolaid.

http://i.imgur.com/xLzjC.jpg

:p

BMWfanatic87 03-04-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoreauHD (Post 6676318)

You do know that apple created the OS for android. So they get a good percentage in profits for every Droid sold.

Plus they just sold their 25 billionth app and counting.

Kurt_OH 03-05-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWfanatic87 (Post 6676814)
You do know that apple created the OS for android. So they get a good percentage in profits for every Droid sold.

Plus they just sold their 25 billionth app and counting.

Is it fair to say that you stated the above to joke? Or are you just wrong?

BMWfanatic87 03-05-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt_OH (Post 6678849)
Is it fair to say that you stated the above to joke? Or are you just wrong?

It's your choice to not believe me, but apple has said this multiple times at their WDC's, and it's be blogged about for a while.

Kurt_OH 03-05-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWfanatic87 (Post 6679118)
It's your choice to not believe me, but apple has said this multiple times at their WDC's, and it's be blogged about for a while.

Prove that apple ever claimed it. I don't believe it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_OS