Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Window Anti Trap warning simple fix (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604000)

Jaycal3 02-27-2012 07:23 PM

Window Anti Trap warning simple fix

So today I got into my car after work and the stupid chime that I hate so much went on to tell me something other than its cold out... I got a "Window Anti-Trap Function Disabled" warning... So I did what most probably do and shut the car off and restarted... no luck. I tested my windows to see what was going on and found that the drivers side front window would go down automatically but would only come up if I held the button up manually. Normally if I pull the button up all the way and let go the window will come up on its own.

To make a long story short I searched the forums I frequent and found a few differing methods of resetting or initializing the anti trap function... tried a few, while driving and here is the one that worked...

With the window up all the way, hold the button down while lowering the window and continue holding it down for 5 seconds after the window hits bottom. Immediately raise the window by holding the button up all the way for 5 seconds after the window hits the top... Thats it. I was skeptacle but it worked!

Hope this helps.

PET 02-28-2012 04:22 AM

Very Interesting! You can find my post "window rear", etc, etc. It sounds to me...although I will have to read it again...that you preformed the initializing procedure, or pretty close to it. (I read the procedure the other day in my manual.) I have been having a similiar problem (view my post), but I will now look at this "anti-trap"; never heard of it, saw it, don't think I want to.

landsharklager 02-28-2012 06:19 AM

Ding, Ding, Ding. Outside Temperature 37.

I hate that too. Glad I don't have children asleep ever in the back seat.

Thanks for the heads up. Never know what warnings show up on these cars.

Jaycal3 02-28-2012 06:36 AM

I was pissed when I got the warning! I'm glad through these forums I was able to find a fix... A lot of the crap I read was just that, crap. That's why i figured I'd post what worked for me. Now if I could just figure out why it happened in the first place......

djlarroc 10-05-2012 12:58 PM

Thanks!

hey man, just wanted to log in, and tell you thanks for posting the info.

my anti trap came on a few days ago, and i was like wtf is that! googled, found your thread. and the anti trap malfunction is fixed. :thumbup:

aliazfar 10-05-2012 02:16 PM

+1
got helped from this thread 2 weeks back for my rear window's ailment

tomas3314 04-20-2014 04:59 PM

Worked for me! Thanks chief!