Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   E39 Climate control module - used - $40.00 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605095)

windsmith 03-03-2012 12:50 PM

E39 Climate control module - used - $40.00

2 Attachment(s)
My climate control module was working fine, but was missing buttons. Instead of buy new buttons, I replaced the whole module with another used one. I'm selling the one that I removed. The price is low because someone removed two of the backlight LEDs behind the fan control switch. With the exception of the backlighting on the fan control, the unit works fine - but you'll probably want to buy a new set of buttons for it. Selling as pictured, $40.00 plus shipping cost.

HeliBarney 05-26-2012 04:02 PM

Still available?

I cracked the screen on the climate control in my '02 540iT, so need to replace the unit. If you still have it, I'm very interested if it's compatible. Please let me know. Thanks!

windsmith 05-28-2012 04:56 AM

I'm not sure if the '99 is a drop-in replacement for the '02. realoem.com says the part number for the entire control for my car is 64116901628, and the part number for the front plate with the display is 64118377580. If your car has rear A/C, then the part number is 64116901631.

The site says the numbers are good up to 8/2000, but check the numbers for your car and see if they match up.

You may also ask in the E39 forum, someone there may know.

Thanks!

HeliBarney 05-28-2012 07:14 PM

Yeah, it looks like they're different for mine, (entire unit is 64116927894, and just the front plate is 64116923883), but for $40 I'm tempted to try it, anyway. Do you know if the LED display is part of the front plate, or the whole unit? That's all I need, so I'm wondering if maybe I could take it apart and replace my broken display with yours, even if the units, themselves, aren't interchangeable.

I may try posting to see if anyone knows how interchangeable they are.

Thanks!

windsmith 05-29-2012 07:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that the LCD is part of the front panel - it unplugs from the main unit. You can take the front panel apart, and may be able to just remove the display and install it in yours. But, it may have different display elements in it, so it may not work exactly right...

HeliBarney 06-01-2012 09:56 AM

Hmmm. I'm tempted to buy it and give it a try, but if the display, itself, isn't compatible or is soldered in and can't easily be swapped, I'm out $40 + shipping, then have to spend $100 on a front plate that's compatible. Such are the difficult decisions in life. ;-) Has anyone else been interested in buying it? If it's a hot item I suppose I could just re-sell it.

Thanks!
Barney

HeliBarney 06-06-2012 05:08 PM

So... I took my unit apart to see how the display connects, and although I put it back together exactly as it was, it is now completely shot - no lights and runs on high even with the key out of the ignition. :-( I even disconnected the battery in hopes of resetting it, but no luck. It's probably sensitive electronics that were somehow shorted out because I handled it without a grounding wire. So it appears I now have to replace the entire unit. Crap. Any leads on where to find an inexpensive one?

realjayway 02-16-2013 02:50 PM

hey do you still have this part, I know I'm late lol but I need a spring inside the climate control for a button that broke the spring , contact back please

HeliBarney 02-16-2013 03:49 PM

I'll look!

I haven't seen it in a while but probably have it, because the buttons are still valuable... and I save everything. I'll check the dreaded closet soon and let you know.