Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   BMW Apps + Pandora (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605342)

Richard Steele 03-04-2012 05:30 PM

BMW Apps + Pandora

I'd like Pandora and its tuning options to appear on the tech screen on a 2012 or 2013 X3. I assume that this requires an iPhone.

Is this included in the BMW Apps option and does that option require the expensive navigation option?

Thanks in advance.

Fryguy29 03-04-2012 07:02 PM

Pandora Connectivity is included in BMW apps. It does not require the Tech Package.
The Pandora connectivity is worth the price of BMW apps alone. I also use MOG quite a bit.

Richard Steele 03-04-2012 10:08 PM

Hi, According to the 2013 pricing guide in the top link of this page, BMW apps (6NR) requires the following: 6NR requires ordering 609 or ZTP. Both 609 and ZTP include the expensive navigation option.

Thus it does seem like the navigation option is required. Unless I'm missing something.

Fryguy29 03-05-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Steele (Post 6678403)
Hi, According to the 2013 pricing guide in the top link of this page, BMW apps (6NR) requires the following: 6NR requires ordering 609 or ZTP. Both 609 and ZTP include the expensive navigation option.

Thus it does seem like the navigation option is required. Unless I'm missing something.

I stand corrected. I didn't think you needed Nav, but when I tried to configure it on the BMW site, it requires BMW assist and the Navigation system. Sorry

Richard Steele 03-05-2012 07:13 AM

So does the bmw apps display give the same easy to use menu system + cover art that the iPhone Pandora app gives? Are there other features / reasons to add the navigation system apart from having navigation and Pandora? Thanks!

bmw325 03-05-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Steele (Post 6678765)
So does the bmw apps display give the same easy to use menu system + cover art that the iPhone Pandora app gives? Are there other features / reasons to add the navigation system apart from having navigation and Pandora? Thanks!

You get an idrive like interface to pandora allowing u to thumb up/down, change stations, etc. I find it easy to use. On an x3 I think the ou other advantage of nav is that u get a bigger screen.

ecidi 04-09-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw325 (Post 6678775)
You get an idrive like interface to pandora allowing u to thumb up/down, change stations, etc. I find it easy to use. On an x3 I think the ou other advantage of nav is that u get a bigger screen.

Can one voice command the radio to search for Pandora by saying, "search pandora"

snowboardjoe 04-09-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Steele (Post 6678765)

In addition to the items you mentioned above, I also went with the NAV package to have enhanced GUI display in gauge display, wider screen and backup camera with top-view.

I expect I will be disappointed with the NAV system itself, but it was worth having the other options that come with it. Otherwise I would have skipped it and stuck with my Garmin.

bmw325 04-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecidi (Post 6758946)
Can one voice command the radio to search for Pandora by saying, "search pandora"

Unfortunately voice commands don't work with pandora. One area that fords sync system beats BMW.