Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   E39 navigation radio upgrade!!! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608953)

ottonavigps 03-20-2012 03:57 PM

E39 navigation radio upgrade!!!

BMW E39 97-03 Dynavin D99 Non Android 5 Series

$849 + FREE BACK UP CAMERA + FREE SHIPPING!!!

I know I'm new to thread, so hopefully no one gets offended by any threads I may post. Just wanted an opportunity for Bimmerfest forum members to get their hands on the exclusive, DYNAVIN D99 Multimedia Radio. We are currently offering a FREE back up reverse camera with each purchase.

This is the back up camera you will receive. MSRP: $34.99
http://ottonavi.com/product/accessor...-backup-camera

This unit is DIRECT PLUG & PLAY as long as your car does not have factory navigation or DSP. If you have factory navigation you will need a fahkra harness as such. We are one of two authorized dealers for Dynavin in North AMERICA. Contact me for GROUP BUY discounts!!!

http://ottonavi.com/product/accessor...vigation-radio

FREE SPECIAL BMW MAP INCLUDED FREE

Features

AM/FM radio
CD player
iPod capability (iPod cable included)
Bluetooth (A2DP). Stream music from phone to radio!!!
DVD
GPS navigation
Free North America maps (USA, Canada)
File browser
Runs of Windows CE 6.0
Direct plug and play
Please make sure your car does not have premium sound

Specifications

Screen

Screen Size: 7 inch touch screen LCD
1 or 2 DIN: 2 DIN
Touch screen function: Yes
Resolution: 800 * 480
Motorized screen: No
Fixed screen: Yes
Detachable front panel: No
DVD Compatible Format: MP4, DIVX, AVI, DVD, VCD, MP3, (CD), CD-RW, JPEG
Built-in bluetooth: Yes/ Parrot bluetooth
A2DP function: Yes
Built-in GPS: Yes

iPod

iPod function: Yes

Radio

Built-in radio tuner (30 Preset Stations): FM(3*6)87.5-108MHz
Built-in RDS function: Yes
Illumination color: Red
Steering wheel control function: Yes
Power supply: 12V
Max current: 10A
Radio antenna Input: 1
Video output: 2
Video input: 1
Audio output: FL/FR/RL/RR
Audio input: R/L
Back sight video input : 1
Surround stereo iutput : 4 x 50W

Language

System Language: English/German/Spanish/French/Italian
GPS Language: English/German/Spanish/French/Italian/Portuguese etc

Other

Built-in USB port: Yes
Built-in SD slot: Yes
Remote Control function: Yes
Real time clock function: Yes
Auto-memory function: Yes

ONE YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...9_d99_ipod.jpg

johnd1976 03-20-2012 07:27 PM

Are you selling these? where are you located?does it use Garmin navi ?

Kwickness 03-20-2012 08:31 PM

:DI dont mean to sound like i'm downing your product but what gurantee is there that this thing well work or that buyers will receive it at all? I looked into buying the original stero from Dynavin, but the stories of people paying and not getting money back or it takes 3-6 months to get it after they were told its in stock and then having a hard time getting a refund.

I can buy the Dynavin models on line cheaper, so for your price of $850 don't you think the warranty should be a bit better. Maybe like a 3-5 year warranty, if there so good as to warrant such a high price then a warranty for these fine folks on Bimmerfest should give them awhole lot better feeling about buying it. I'm sure there is plenty of people who want to buy them but not without some thing better of a gurantee.

I'm not knocking your product but I did my research on the Dynavin products and there was too many unhappy people. So i hope you have a good product and have better luck.

If you guys come up with one that can work with the premium system or a harness to connect the two then you well for sure have a system worth buying

Good Luck

blz456 03-20-2012 08:42 PM

Where can you get it for cheaper than $850? That's the only price I've seen them being sold for.

Kwickness 03-20-2012 09:29 PM

Look on dynavins wbsite (if they still sell them cheap), ebay not everythin on there is crap, just a easier and cheaper way to sell your products, google the brand. Theres distributers throughout north america. They were roughly $600-$650, its been awhile since i started looking. I gave up since no one sells any that work with the premium sound system. Plus there was a model that had the recess where the CD slot is so that it lines up with the factory trim. I'm not saying thiis model he is selling isnt good but just that for the price i need a better warranty on it. Things seem to fail right as the warranty expires.

NoWayJose 03-21-2012 12:08 AM

will it work with cars that have DSP?

speedninja 03-21-2012 05:12 AM

i dont know if i should go for this item or just go it a cd player put in my car and just have that ugly look in my car

johnd1976 03-21-2012 06:01 AM

@all my bimmer peeps get you an ill ass double din pref a dnx model radio and wrap the aftermarket bezel with wood grain to match your interior or whatever interior you have and call it a day.=This dudes product looks clean but the dnx is the way to go so many more features ima show yous better then I can tell you happy bimming:-)

tmvE39/E53/Z32 03-21-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnd1976 (Post 6716621)
@all my bimmer peeps get you an ill ass double din pref a dnx model radio and wrap the aftermarket bezel with wood grain to match your interior or whatever interior you have and call it a day.=This dudes product looks clean but the dnx is the way to go so many more features ima show yous better then I can tell you happy bimming:-)

:dunno: what?

johnd1976 03-21-2012 08:28 AM

@tmv buy a kenwood dnx model radio double din with garmin built in nav.Then when u install the aftermarket kit that holds the radio in place wrap the kit with woodgrain or whatever matches your interior and call it a day kapish:-)

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwickness (Post 6716065)
:DI dont mean to sound like i'm downing your product but what gurantee is there that this thing well work or that buyers will receive it at all? I looked into buying the original stero from Dynavin, but the stories of people paying and not getting money back or it takes 3-6 months to get it after they were told its in stock and then having a hard time getting a refund.

I can buy the Dynavin models on line cheaper, so for your price of $850 don't you think the warranty should be a bit better. Maybe like a 3-5 year warranty, if there so good as to warrant such a high price then a warranty for these fine folks on Bimmerfest should give them awhole lot better feeling about buying it. I'm sure there is plenty of people who want to buy them but not without some thing better of a gurantee.

I'm not knocking your product but I did my research on the Dynavin products and there was too many unhappy people. So i hope you have a good product and have better luck.

If you guys come up with one that can work with the premium system or a harness to connect the two then you well for sure have a system worth buying

Good Luck

First off, I don't think many companies offer a 3-5 year warranty. When you buy a phone from Verizon or any other leading phone retailer you get a one year factory warranty. When you go buy an iPod or a computer from Apple, you get one year factory warranty. Any extended warranty you would need to purchase. Some of our customers purchase a 3 year square trade warranty. I believe is about $100 for 3 years. They will refund your money if there are any problems

I'm not sure where you saw it on eBay for cheaper, because there are only two authorized dealers in North America. We are one of the two, and actually probably one of Dynavins largest distrubuter. Other sellers in Europe are selling it for more than $1000. In addition you can view or credibility from our website
[www.ottonavi.com]. We also are almost at 2,000 Likes on Facebook. [http://www.facebook.com/Ottonavi]

As for too many unhappy customers with Dynavin, that's a first. Usually there is a waiting listing for these units as they are known to be very reliable. I have had many customers come in and play around with the unit for more than an hour before making their decision to purchase the unit. I mean realistically not everyone is going to be 100% satisfied with it but if 95% out of 1000+ people like it I guess you could rely on it. When you think about it people who disliked it will speak louder than those who did enjoy the unit.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the unit is a 10/10, there are always newer technology and software we can upgrade and add. However, apart from its OEM look I can comfortable give the unit a 8/10 maybe a 9/10 if you are a little more computer savoy and know how to operate a Windows CE operating system. Your also getting everything with the unit compared to having to pay extra for iPod cables, or RCA' jacks, or navigation software. Everything is included. Thanks

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illesztE39 (Post 6716393)
will it work with cars that have DSP?

Unfortunately DSP is the only thing that will not work with this unit. I mean installers have made it work, but it is quite difficult because you will need to hardwire this unit.

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blz456 (Post 6716083)
Where can you get it for cheaper than $850? That's the only price I've seen them being sold for.

Hello. Just some "inside information"...Dynavin actually has set price in which each authorized dealer is required to sell it at. As mentioned prior, we are one of two, authorized dealers in North America. We were actually offering our product internationally when Dynavin had contacted us and said our price ($850) was to cheap in the UK and we had to pull out. I think UK sellers are selling it for over $1000?

I can offer a forum group buy discount for $800 + Free camera + Free shipping. I'll have this group buy option open for a week or two. Keep posted as I will be posting pictures of the unit actually installed. Had a couple customer will-call the item and requested for install pictures.

tmvE39/E53/Z32 03-21-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnd1976 (Post 6716621)

:D I can't read without punctuation marks.

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmvseattle (Post 6717246)
:D I can't read without punctuation marks.

Hes saying to buy a Garmin and buy the frame. and pretty much make your own in dash.

black528i 03-21-2012 11:40 AM

2 questions:
What version of GPS software is used with this (NavTeq, TomTom, etc)?
How do you do map updates? (Your website and Dynavin says nothing about this)

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black528i (Post 6717367)
2 questions:
What version of GPS software is used with this (NavTeq, TomTom, etc)?
How do you do map updates? (Your website and Dynavin says nothing about this)

We provide either iGo8 or iGO Primo. If you want updates, we can email you a link or you can ship back your SD card.

RomanEmpire 03-21-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottonavigps (Post 6717407)
We provide either iGo8 or iGO Primo. If you want updates, we can email you a link or you can ship back your SD card.

And would those cost additional money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottonavigps (Post 6717407)
Hes saying to buy a Garmin and buy the frame. and pretty much make your own in dash.

Right everyone has their own taste, I personally think that would still look like crap or someone show me otherwise...

johnd1976 03-21-2012 12:05 PM

So your saying if someone made the after market radio bezel with stock woodgrain trim that would suck?.Ima show you better then I can tell you.With all due respect anything is possiable.I also agree the aftermarket bezel sucks but it just needs tweaking that's all:-)

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnd1976 (Post 6717452)
So your saying if someone made the after market radio bezel with stock woodgrain trim that would suck?.Ima show you better then I can tell you.With all due respect anything is possiable.I also agree the aftermarket bezel sucks but it just needs tweaking that's all:-)

The aftermarket bezel can look nice and OEM, I am just talking about the unit itself. I personally don't see a unit like this out there in the market....but then again that may seem just a little biased now would it?haha

ottonavigps 03-21-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanEmpire (Post 6717434)
And would those cost additional money?

Right everyone has their own taste, I personally think that would still look like crap or someone show me otherwise...

It would be free, you could choose either or. Some say iGO 8 is more user friendly while iGO Primo has more options and features.

RomanEmpire 03-21-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnd1976 (Post 6717452)

What I meant by that remark/statement is I seen people cutting corners doing it, not saying you have. I simply like everything to be done right on my vehicle. Again as I said I could be wrong but will like someone to prove it. The ones I seen ppl making are spray painted, which is noticeable and simply ghetto rig in my opinion.

johnd1976 03-21-2012 12:21 PM

Lol well I'm ocd and ocpd and like it done right as well. also only oem parts on my car as well but I do agree. With you that the bezel makes the cockpit look bad.Ima attempt to do it

jayster0966 03-21-2012 12:55 PM

Have been pretty happy with the performance of my unit. Really like the way it looks in the dash.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...t/2769021d.mp4
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...s/959a9da1.jpg

RomanEmpire 03-21-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayster0966 (Post 6717597)
Have been pretty happy with the performance of my unit. Really like the way it looks in the dash.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...t/2769021d.mp4
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...s/959a9da1.jpg

Now thatís what I am talking about, donít tell me you made that lol. Is that the product the gentlemen is representing on this post?

By the way Thanks again jayster0966 I just received my Euro armrest that you recommend it. Anxious to put it on this evening :thumbup: