Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   5 Months and still no X3 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614873)

Norm50 04-16-2012 08:33 AM

5 Months and still no X3
 
Ordered a 2012 X3 M-Sport, all the toys except HuD in November 2011 in Canada and am still awaiting its arrival :(:(:(:(

The dealer says it will probably be delivered in May but it will be a 2013 model :):):)

No12 04-16-2012 09:33 AM

That is unusual - must be more to the story than just that..??

Wabbajack 04-16-2012 09:39 AM

Yeah, that sounds strange. They were making the 2012s up until March and your turnaround should have been 3-4 weeks. But you definitley won't get a 2012 now at this point.

bren 04-16-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No12 (Post 6774288)
That is unusual - must be more to the story than just that..??

Yeah, the dealer sold a car that they didn't have an allocation for.

lbjgh 04-16-2012 12:29 PM

ya sounds fishy considering delivery is usually 8 weeks up here and 10-15 in europe

tpup 04-16-2012 02:35 PM

Did you ever get a VIN?

poker838 04-16-2012 03:22 PM

MY2012 was an unusually short production run for the F25. Will they honor the price you negotiated (or even better - discount)?

Norm50 04-17-2012 03:23 PM

I don't know what to say to all of this. When we ordered the X3 in November I'm quite sure we were told Jan./Feb. delivery. When I enquired in Feb. as to delivery I was told that they originally said Jan./Feb. production, not delivery. Even so the X3 should have been here by now. I think that because X3s are so popular the delearship is selling them as fast as they can without factory allocations then stretching the delivery out. If they would have told me about a 6 month delivery in November I probably would have ended up with a GLK or GL350 instead, but by dangling the delivery carrot in front of me every month and saying "next month, next month" they have succeeded in keeping me hooked. The also did not promise a delivery date in writing so I would have been unable to get my $5000.00 deposit back if I went elsewhere. At least I'll have the summer to break it in before the snow flies again next winter and it will be a 2013 so that's good.

Does anyone know what the 2013 model will have over and above the 2012?

Wabbajack 04-17-2012 03:34 PM

28 or 35? 28, it's a new engine, 35, nothing much to speak of. They made a few things "standard" like automatic hatch opener/closer where it was a $250 option. But then that's US and I don't know if your mileage may vary for Canadian builds.

It really sounds like you got deceived. I'd raise some hell if I were in your shoes.

No12 04-17-2012 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=Wabbajack;6777535]28 or 35? 28, it's a new engine, 35, nothing much to speak of. They made a few things "standard" like automatic hatch opener/closer where it was a $250 option. But then that's US and I don't know if your mileage may vary for Canadian builds.

It really sounds like you got deceived. I'd raise some hell if I were in your shoes.[/BQUOTE]

Depends what the real story is - the OP needs to come back and fill in the gaps in this. Otherwise, it's useless to speculate. :dunno:

Wabbajack 04-17-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No12 (Post 6777682)
Depends what the real story is - the OP needs to come back and fill in the gaps in this. Otherwise, it's useless to speculate. :dunno:

He just did—my post was in response to his filling in the gaps. :dunno:

lbjgh 04-17-2012 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See attached for the Canadian changes.
  • start stop
  • eco pro
  • $500 price increase which you won't pay
  • gloss black plastic on the dash either side of steering wheel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm50 (Post 6777515)
Does anyone know what the 2013 model will have over and above the 2012?


No12 04-17-2012 06:49 PM

Sorry, I just overlooked the OPs update. If that's the complete story, then it would appear that this dealer is not the best out there. The dealer likely had no allocation available for an X3 and should have been honest with the OP as to a long delivery date. Besides, IMO a $5000 deposit is too large, but once given, the dealer sort of "has" the buyer on a hook. Sounds like the dealer may be filling other, more aware, buyer's orders in priority over the OPs order.

If I were the OP, I would demand that the dealer give a firm delivery date. If the dealer cannot, then demand the deposit returned immediately. Find a dealer in Alberta (I assume must be either Calg or Edm) who will treat one fairly. This dealer is not .

AutoUnion 04-17-2012 07:12 PM

OP, if you don't get it soon, find another dealer. X3s are popular cars, but BMW is very good with allocations given to dealers. I was able to custom order my X5d in 5 weeks total. My dealer almost always has a couple X3s on the lot and can get more.

Evlengr 04-17-2012 07:44 PM

i dont care what country you are in, they cant hold a $5k deposit hostage for your X3. If they cant give you a deilvery date go to BMWCA and then Germany. That is rediculous.

Fryguy29 04-17-2012 10:03 PM

No one can hold your money without a definite car. In fact, they can't legally hold your money even if they do have a car waiting for you. The simple threat of calling a lawyer or BMW, should free up your cash to go to a new dealer.

X3emist 04-18-2012 11:42 AM

Production #
 
You should have received a production number for your vehicle shortly after the order was placed since they were currently in production at that time. I think it is obvious the order was never placed.

Ask for a production # NOW. If it was or is ordered there will be one. The 2012's are no longer in production so you can kiss that goodbye. And, you are about to renegotiate the price of another vehicle the 13's are priced differently and the packages are different as well. You may be in a good negotiating position in that you can tell them to shove the order and refund your money or work with you. I would also deal only with the General Manager of the dealership, not the sales manager. At this point they owe you. On the other hand what in the heck were you thinking was taking so long. You should have made a move a long time ago.

Norm50 04-18-2012 02:54 PM

Just spoke to the dealer's General Manager to vent my frustration. He says that the number of X3s flowing into Canada in the first 3 months of the year has been far below what was expected. He does have a VIN number from the factory and confirms that it will be a 2013 X3 35i. As for the actual delivery date he's going off to BMW Canada to find out. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you for the comments.

poker838 04-18-2012 03:20 PM

Norm, if you have a VIN number that means the car is already being built. Meaning ship date could be within 3-5 weeks depending on where you are. (It took 3 weeks to ship to Toronto for our 2011)

Evlengr 04-19-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm50 (Post 6779968)
Just spoke to the dealer's General Manager to vent my frustration. He says that the number of X3s flowing into Canada in the first 3 months of the year has been far below what was expected. He does have a VIN number from the factory and confirms that it will be a 2013 X3 35i. As for the actual delivery date he's going off to BMW Canada to find out. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you for the comments.

Sorry, but this guy is blowing smoke up your (expletive). He screwed up big time and lied about the 2012. This means he can be trusted for nothing now. Unless he really delivers and cuts pricing big time I would walk.

Once a dealer breaks the trust relationship it is almost always down hill from there.

Wabbajack 04-19-2012 08:32 AM

I agree with ^^^. Did he give you that VIN number? If he truly has a VIN, then he has the production schedule and build and delivery dates and should be willingly giving it to you, where you can enter it in your BMW online account and see the status of the car's build. It doesn't require "going off to BMWCA" to get that information. Even with only a Production number and no VIN yet they give you the approximate build and delivery dates. And if he is not giving this info to you freely he is being completely deceptive. Really, you should get your deposit back and walk. These people sound scarily shady.

No12 04-19-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6781393)
I agree with ^^^. Did he give you that VIN number? If he truly has a VIN, then he has the production schedule and build and delivery dates and should be willingly giving it to you, where you can enter it in your BMW online account and see the status of the car's build. It doesn't require "going off to BMWCA" to get that information. Even with only a Production number and no VIN yet they give you the approximate build and delivery dates. And if he is not giving this info to you freely he is being completely deceptive. Really, you should get your deposit back and walk. These people sound scarily shady.

That is not correct for Canadian orders, they cannot be tracked online. The info has to come from BMW Canada.

UncleJ 04-22-2012 08:47 AM

Norm, any update to your saga?:angel:

lbjgh 04-22-2012 06:17 PM

Even then, BMW Canada advises to contact the dealership for details. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by No12 (Post 6781554)
That is not correct for Canadian orders, they cannot be tracked online. The info has to come from BMW Canada.


Tangsta 04-23-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm50 (Post 6774137)
Ordered a 2012 X3 M-Sport, all the toys except HuD in November 2011 in Canada and am still awaiting its arrival :(:(:(:(

The dealer says it will probably be delivered in May but it will be a 2013 model :):):)

Something seems very wrong with this situation... which dealer did you go through?

I bought mine in early Feb this year and got an April allocation from Bavaria. BMW Gallery had even earlier allocations.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms