Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Enhanced Instrument Cluster & LEDs for Lane Assist (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615394)

rpilot 04-18-2012 11:39 AM

Enhanced Instrument Cluster & LEDs for Lane Assist

Does the Enhanced Instrument Cluster (that comes with the tech package) show the markings / LEDs for the Lane Change Assist even if the feature (driver assist package) is not ordered? Put another way, are there multiple variations of the Enhanced Instrument Cluster depeding on features ordered or just the one?

sr5959 04-18-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpilot (Post 6779582)
Does the Enhanced Instrument Cluster (that comes with the tech package) show the markings / LEDs for the Lane Change Assist even if the feature (driver assist package) is not ordered? Put another way, are there multiple variations of the Enhanced Instrument Cluster depeding on features ordered or just the one?

Yes I think it does. In certain light conditions I can se all the markings for Lane Assist but I don't have it.

rpilot 04-20-2012 11:51 AM

So, I presume it is just one instument cluster variant and shows markings for all possible options , including say for instance the sport+ even if you buy the luxury line that does not go to sport + and will never be lit. BMW should really use LCDs here if they are only going to use one panel. IMO, otherwise it is just an annoying reminder of everything you do not have in your car :(

raleedy 04-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpilot (Post 6784084)
an annoying reminder of everything you do not have in your car :(

isn't that the point?

rpilot 04-20-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raleedy (Post 6784534)
isn't that the point?

No. It's not. It's called disrespect for the customer.

1.fresh.f30.335 04-23-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpilot (Post 6784881)
No. It's not. It's called disrespect for the customer.

Do you still like your car? or does the outline that shows up every now and again bug the crap out of you haha? just seems like a little thing to say such a big statement :p

sr5959 04-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpilot (Post 6784084)
So, I presume it is just one instument cluster variant and shows markings for all possible options , including say for instance the sport+ even if you buy the luxury line that does not go to sport + and will never be lit. BMW should really use LCDs here if they are only going to use one panel. IMO, otherwise it is just an annoying reminder of everything you do not have in your car :(

To me the most annoying thing in this respect is blank switches in place of options you don't have, and BMW actually do a great job of hiding this. An example is the panel by the gear stick for mode selection, camera package, etc.. No blanks if you didn't order some of those options. The C-Class I was looking at had many more switch blanks that were very noticeable.