Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Sport mode vs. M/S sport mode, auto-window issues, etc (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616521)

hotsoup 04-23-2012 06:01 PM

Sport mode vs. M/S sport mode, auto-window issues, etc

I just recently purchased a F30 328i luxury line, my first BMW. One question: What is the difference between driving in "Sport" mode (by using the rocker switch next to the shifter) and driving in DS mode by moving the shifter to the left (let's assume, say, you were in Eco-Pro mode in D)? Thanks!

Also, not really so important, but does anyone have issues with their automatic windows? Specifically, the passenger-side window, when automatically raised from a lowered position, hits the top and then goes back down to the half-way point without fully closing (unlike, say, what happens when I do the exact same thing for the driver's side and rear windows). Is this normal, or should I get it checked out? Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance! Love the random small details and features of the BMW... just wish there was a list of features easily available (without digging through the manual) to those who are new to BMW so that we can take advantage of them (for example, the compass in the rearview, how the side mirrors tilt when going in reverse, parking lights, etc).

justinnum1 04-23-2012 06:10 PM

using the rocker in sport tightens the steering, increases throttle agressivness.

using DS mode(moving shift lever to the right, just has an effect on the shift points,(holds gears longer, in lower gears)...

i had a similar window issue an E60 about 5 years ago lol, got it lemoned becuase they had no clue.

malc410326 04-23-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinnum1 (Post 6790320)
i had a similar window issue an E60 about 5 years ago lol, got it lemoned becuase they had no clue.

I gotta hand it to you my friend.....You are the Jedi Master of 'lemoning' Bimmers! :D

johnc_22 04-23-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsoup (Post 6790305)
Also, not really so important, but does anyone have issues with their automatic windows? Specifically, the passenger-side window, when automatically raised from a lowered position, hits the top and then goes back down to the half-way point without fully closing (unlike, say, what happens when I do the exact same thing for the driver's side and rear windows). Is this normal, or should I get it checked out? Am I missing something?

It sounds like the anti pinch mechanism is confused. I'd look in the manual and see if there are instructions for resetting and/or calibrating this.

justinnum1 04-23-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malc410326 (Post 6790410)
I gotta hand it to you my friend.....You are the Jedi Master of 'lemoning' Bimmers! :D

lol, my window problem was crazy:rofl: i would come to my car in the morning and my rear window would be down lol. The dealer had several chances to fix it, but they were cool with getting me a new one, plus it was better, the 06 had 255hp vs the 05 which has 225.:D