Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   2013 X3 Arrival Times (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618552)

ellen4488 05-02-2012 03:16 PM

2013 X3 Arrival Times
 
I ordered my X3 on April 20th (I think it was put in the system April 22nd) and my dealer said about 5 weeks to delivery. I know a bunch of people just got updates for the May deliveries. I'm still waiting on my VIN. Hoping a few more weeks. How long is it taking everyone else in the US from order to delivery? The suspense is killing me! I hope I don't have to wait until June.

Wabbajack 05-02-2012 03:29 PM

Don't expect your Vin until about a week before actual scheduled production. Your CA should be able to tell you what week your allocation is for and thus what the targeted build week is. Then it's 2-3 weeks after for it to show up at your dealership.

snowboardjoe 05-02-2012 08:55 PM

I ordered mine in late March. I went into production last week and finished at the end. I never did get a VIN number, but I have the production number registered on bmwusa.com. It hit the train last Friday and it's about 10-14 days to travel to Oxnard CA and then another day or two before it gets to Seattle. So, I still have a long wait at this point.

With you in BOS I'm guessing your delivery will be faster than for us on the west coast.

ellen4488 05-03-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6810112)
Don't expect your Vin until about a week before actual scheduled production. Your CA should be able to tell you what week your allocation is for and thus what the targeted build week is. Then it's 2-3 weeks after for it to show up at your dealership.

I checked with the dealership today and they don't know any more than I do. Maybe I didn't get one of their "production slots?" I realize the VIN will come about the same time production starts. I wish I knew is it a week away or a month away. I agreed to cap the miles on my trade (about 500 more to limit) so it would help to know if I need to keep my car in the garage or if I can drive it. Funny that they can't give me any ballpark figure...

lbjgh 05-03-2012 11:23 AM

You are in Boston so I'd estimate three weeks to delivery as it took a little over four weeks to delivery on this side of the border.

tr7372 05-03-2012 11:31 AM

It depends entirely on which production week has been allocated. Your dealer should be able to tell you that soon after they place the order. If the dealership has used up all of their allocated slots for the month, it could be a while. But if they have a slot available, it's pretty quick from production to delivery. I ordered mine on March 10th, but I knew production of 2013 vehicles wouldn't start until the first week of April. My actual production started on April 4th and finished on April 6th or 7th. My X3 arrived at the dealer on April 13th and I took delivery on the 17th. I'm in NJ, so your time from production to delivery should be similar. I got the VIN when my CA notified me that production had started.

ellen4488 05-08-2012 12:13 PM

I am scheduled for week 23 (first week in June) for production. The dealer was surprised it was scheduled so late. Hmm... did they not give me a slot in May either? This was an April order. I wonder if I kept getting bumped by them. Or if things are really that backed up at the plant as they will have me believe.

Delivery should only be a week so that will total a wait of about 7 weeks from order to arrival (assuming it doesn't get built sooner). It's nice to have some timeline finally!!

Wabbajack 05-08-2012 12:50 PM

That is a May allocation and right on schedule from what they've been saying. You would have had to get an April allocation in order to get May production. I wish I could have traded you mine as they finished mine yesterday and I can't take delivery until June 7th!

ellen4488 05-08-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6821757)
That is a May allocation and right on schedule from what they've been saying. You would have had to get an April allocation in order to get May production. I wish I could have traded you mine as they finished mine yesterday and I can't take delivery until June 7th!

I'll trade you - you got a 35i right? I got a 28i - you'll be better fuel efficiency out of it! Sounds like a great trade to me!

Wabbajack 05-08-2012 01:10 PM

LOL... my allocation, not my car! :confused:

joebry 05-08-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellen4488 (Post 6810083)
I ordered my X3 on April 20th (I think it was put in the system April 22nd) and my dealer said about 5 weeks to delivery. I know a bunch of people just got updates for the May deliveries. I'm still waiting on my VIN. Hoping a few more weeks. How long is it taking everyone else in the US from order to delivery? The suspense is killing me! I hope I don't have to wait until June.


Ordered my Alpine White X3 28i April 16. Got to dealer yesterday afternoon. Will pick it up at 9:00AM tomorrow, Wednesday. Could have gotten it today but want them to take their time detailing and inspecting it.

lbjgh 05-08-2012 04:21 PM

congrats joebry, I'm sure you'll love your new wheels!

ellen4488 05-09-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebry (Post 6822083)
Ordered my Alpine White X3 28i April 16. Got to dealer yesterday afternoon. Will pick it up at 9:00AM tomorrow, Wednesday. Could have gotten it today but want them to take their time detailing and inspecting it.

congratulations! That was a fast delivery.

I heard that they do all of the same color in blocks. So it might mean that when you order and where they are in the color wheel makes a difference. Just a theory I heard...
It might explain why there are a lot of space gray x3 on the lots right now but mine seems to be bottom of the list. I'm waiting for the next round of gray.

decade2000 05-09-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellen4488 (Post 6823393)
I heard that they do all of the same color in blocks.

I don't think that's true. Go watch the Nat Geo Megafactories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKgova2Rq5c around 24:30 mark

ellen4488 05-10-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decade2000 (Post 6823507)
I don't think that's true. Go watch the Nat Geo Megafactories

Ok I'm wrong - I was hoping the dealer did everything to get me a better delivery time. I guess not. Cool video! Thanks for sharing!!

joebry 05-10-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellen4488 (Post 6823393)
congratulations! That was a fast delivery.

I heard that they do all of the same color in blocks. So it might mean that when you order and where they are in the color wheel makes a difference. Just a theory I heard...
It might explain why there are a lot of space gray x3 on the lots right now but mine seems to be bottom of the list. I'm waiting for the next round of gray.

Whatever it is that is slowing down the production of your car, it worth waiting for.

I cannot believe how this X3 drives. It just goes and goes and is fun to drive. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It might take me a while to learn all of the features on this buggy. Some are easy and straight forward but some others are not. Maybe it is because I never had these features before. Whatever, it is going to be fun to learn each one. :D

Wabbajack 05-10-2012 08:37 PM

Mine is showing finished in My Account and I got my VIN from my CA Monday. So it will now ship next week and probably arrive at my dealer early the week of the 18th. Too bad I'll be 15,000 miles away and it will have to sit there until June 7. :cry:

The upside of that is that hopefully for Memorial Day/June/Summer, BMWFS will come out with some better interest rates and possibly even financing deals, as there is nothing right now and I am not taking 5.5%! I definitely determined that leasing would just be throwing money away as there are no deals right now on 2013 X3s.

snowboardjoe 05-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6827236)
Mine is showing finished in My Account and I got my VIN from my CA Monday. So it will now ship next week and probably arrive at my dealer early the week of the 18th. Too bad I'll be 15,000 miles away and it will have to sit there until June 7. :cry:

The upside of that is that hopefully for Memorial Day/June/Summer, BMWFS will come out with some better interest rates and possibly even financing deals, as there is nothing right now and I am not taking 5.5%! I definitely determined that leasing would just be throwing money away as there are no deals right now on 2013 X3s.

Where does your car transfer to if it's destined for CO? Does it still have to go through Oxnard, CA? If so, it will take at least 10 days as mine just did.

Financing deals are pretty good here in Washington with Boeing Employees' Credit Union. Rates as low as 2.89% now. Wow.

Wabbajack 05-10-2012 09:50 PM

I'm not entirely sure. My dealer said 10 days from production end so sounds like you're right. However, my CA told me it was finished on Monday but the website has shown it in "final touches" since Tuesday so it could have completed and shipped this week. :dunno:

Want the Thrill 05-10-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6827236)
Mine is showing finished in My Account and I got my VIN from my CA Monday. So it will now ship next week and probably arrive at my dealer early the week of the 18th. Too bad I'll be 15,000 miles away and it will have to sit there until June 7. :cry:

The upside of that is that hopefully for Memorial Day/June/Summer, BMWFS will come out with some better interest rates and possibly even financing deals, as there is nothing right now and I am not taking 5.5%! I definitely determined that leasing would just be throwing money away as there are no deals right now on 2013 X3s.

We used PenFed and were very happy with them! Process is done on line and is simple & quick and you don't have to be a gov. employee. Their rate is 1.99% You should check them out at: https://www.penfed.org/HomePage.aspx

Highly recommend them:thumbup:

Wabbajack 05-10-2012 10:23 PM

Wow! Thanks! I just opened an account with them. I will wait to apply until after June 1 when I return from my travels. I've been wanting a Credit Union account anyway! :thumbup:

Wabbajack 05-10-2012 10:38 PM

Dayum! That is sweet! They offer an AmEx that basically gives the same bennies as a Platinum but for NO ANNUAL FEE!! Um, yeah, I can totally dig saving $450/year!!

Want the Thrill 05-11-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6827391)
Wow! Thanks! I just opened an account with them. I will wait to apply until after June 1 when I return from my travels. I've been wanting a Credit Union account anyway! :thumbup:

Glad I could help! :thumbup:

joebry 05-11-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6827345)
I'm not entirely sure. My dealer said 10 days from production end so sounds like you're right. However, my CA told me it was finished on Monday but the website has shown it in "final touches" since Tuesday so it could have completed and shipped this week. :dunno:


Mine was in 'finishing touches' until I got a call from the dealer saying it was here. So, 'finishing touches' must cover transporting it also.

akview 05-12-2012 07:48 AM

Alaska delivery
 
Ordered 4/14, production started 4/19, finishing touches 4/26, Oxnard 5/4, scheduled to ship 5/9, Possible delivery 5/16. I'll believe it when I see My JetBlack 28i rolling out of dealer detail shop. Much sooner than expected:thumbup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms