Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   2013 X3 28i -- Anyone gotten mileage yet? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619833)

UncleJ 05-09-2012 06:51 AM

2013 X3 28i -- Anyone gotten mileage yet?
 
There should be a few 28i's out there by now and I was wondering if anyone has run one enough to get a feel for the mileage and power from the 4 cyl turbo? I know, it is probably too soon to get a really accurate number since they can't be broken in yet, but one should get an idea of how they are running. Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

dtc100 05-09-2012 07:59 AM

Unfortunately after debating for over 6 months, even when I pointed out we will qualify for the $1,000 Team USA and $500 BMWCCA rebates soon, the wife still decided on the 2012 GLK350 AWD. We both agreed the X3 was more fun to drive, but the GLK is not that bad. It comes down to the lease payment, we are talking $200/mo. difference for similarly listed and equal lease terms/drive offs. That was just too much.

RayVanUSA 05-09-2012 11:19 AM

We picked up our '13 Friday (5/4), and are getting (reported on dash) 26-29 mpg in mixed driving, using Comfort and Eco Pro modes. We are pleased by this performance, and love the fit, finish and performance of this 28i X3.

Bontman 05-09-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayVanUSA (Post 6823849)
We picked up our '13 Friday (5/4), and are getting (reported on dash) 26-29 mpg in mixed driving, using Comfort and Eco Pro modes. We are pleased by this performance, and love the fit, finish and performance of this 28i X3.

Congrats on your ride. On your 28i, did your vehicle came with the Black high Gloss Instrument panel, I have seen pictures of 2013 28i and did not seen it on there. Although it is listed as standard equipment as the 35i.

stactum 05-09-2012 05:55 PM

Picked out our on April 21. Currently it has 903 miles on it. We're still in official break-in period so I haven't pushed it super hard, but generally speaking I have heavy feet. So in Vehicle info average for all 903 miles are 24 mpg. For the last trip from work my wife had 25.4 mpg in mixed driving. She uses comfort setting exclusively.

JupiterX3 05-10-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stactum (Post 6824696)
Picked out our on April 21. Currently it has 903 miles on it. We're still in official break-in period so I haven't pushed it super hard, but generally speaking I have heavy feet. So in Vehicle info average for all 903 miles are 24 mpg. For the last trip from work my wife had 25.4 mpg in mixed driving. She uses comfort setting exclusively.

Just for comparison, we picked up our '12 35i M Sport on 2/3/12 and we're currently just shy of 700 miles... The on board reading is just about 19mpg, mixed driving... She drives it easy, I like to jump on it a little bit here and there...

I would say overall that 25+mpg in mixed driving is a great result for you I4 turbo owners! Enjoy! :)

Winterfell 05-10-2012 06:33 AM

I guess I need to take it easy...only getting 20.4 mpg or so in 900 miles thus far. Mostly city type driving with the AC on continuously though. It's just so much FUN to be a little lead footed in this car.

bloggins 05-11-2012 12:43 PM

I just bought a 2012 X3 2.5... I'm not sure if I'm reading the mileage on-board info correctly. It's currently at about 17.5 mpg. I have about 500 miles on it. I do mostly city driving...

Not sure if I should reset the "trip computer" or something to get a more accurate reading...

RayVanUSA - wow, that's incredible mileage :) congrats.

X3emist 05-11-2012 01:38 PM

City driving
 
650 Miles, all city driving basically reset indicator each fill up, got 17.8 last fill up. I am kinda disappointed thus far. Power is no problem however.

captirwin 05-11-2012 02:43 PM

I just drove my 2013 x3 35i from Modesto,CA to Las Vegas, NV, 500 miles. Averaged 69mph and 26.8mpg. I was pleased

UncleJ 05-12-2012 07:11 AM

Impressive mileage skipper! That is kind of what I was hoping for.:thumbup:

captirwin 05-12-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 6829633)
Impressive mileage skipper! That is kind of what I was hoping for.:thumbup:

And this is a 35i!

Want the Thrill 05-12-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 6829633)
Impressive mileage skipper! That is kind of what I was hoping for.:thumbup:

I have a 2011 35i and get 27 highway and 21 city. Can't complain!:thumbup:

Zcar 05-12-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captirwin (Post 6828683)
I just drove my 2013 x3 35i from Modesto,CA to Las Vegas, NV, 500 miles. Averaged 69mph and 26.8mpg. I was pleased

Very impressive! My2012 X3 28i 6 cylinder has almost 9000 miles since the end of October. Avg 23.9 mpg and avg 39 mph. This is the winter conditions. I am going to reset these for the summer time to see any changes.

captirwin 05-12-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zcar (Post 6830557)
Very impressive! My2012 X3 28i 6 cylinder has almost 9000 miles since the end of October. Avg 23.9 mpg and avg 39 mph. This is the winter conditions. I am going to reset these for the summer time to see any changes.

Realize, this was all highway miles. Set the cruise control and go for it. One stop for fuel.:)

Zcar 05-12-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captirwin (Post 6830596)
Realize, this was all highway miles. Set the cruise control and go for it. One stop for fuel.:)

Cruise control? Maybe in Maine, but not in Massachuestts......

captirwin 05-12-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zcar (Post 6830557)
Very impressive! My2012 X3 28i 6 cylinder has almost 9000 miles since the end of October. Avg 23.9 mpg and avg 39 mph. This is the winter conditions. I am going to reset these for the summer time to see any changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zcar (Post 6830666)
Cruise control? Maybe in Maine, but not in Massachuestts......

Maine? This is California & Nevada. :rofl:

x3brian 05-12-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captirwin (Post 6830670)
Maine? This is California & Nevada. :rofl:

Rofl...yes indeed!! Straight shot down 99 to i15 with a little mtn pass in the way before i15...cruise all the way...

My best in my 09 is 25 mpg on i5 between Sacramento and LA.

captirwin 05-12-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3brian (Post 6830699)
Rofl...yes indeed!! Straight shot down 99 to i15 with a little mtn pass in the way before i15...cruise all the way...

My best in my 09 is 25 mpg on i5 between Sacramento and LA.

Yea, highway 58 through Mojave.:yikes:

UncleJ 05-13-2012 07:25 AM

A 35i! Well, that is great -- I wonder how the new 28i turbo will do, actually that is what I was trying to find out with the post.:D

captirwin 05-13-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 6831213)
A 35i! Well, that is great -- I wonder how the new 28i turbo will do, actually that is what I was trying to find out with the post.:D

I don't believe the 2013 28i is turbocharged. Same engine, no turbo.
Didn't mean to highjack your thread. Just providing info. :rofl:

snowboardjoe 05-13-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captirwin (Post 6831336)
I don't believe the 2013 28i is turbocharged. Same engine, no turbo.
Didn't mean to highjack your thread. Just providing info. :rofl:

The BMW N20 engine is a turbocharged straight-4 engine. The engine is very different and the first time to be introduced to the X3 line for 2013. The 35i remains unchanged this year.

captirwin 05-13-2012 04:48 PM

Thanks...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardjoe (Post 6831992)
The BMW N20 engine is a turbocharged straight-4 engine. The engine is very different and the first time to be introduced to the X3 line for 2013. The 35i remains unchanged this year.

Thanks, I didn't know that...:dunno:

I learned something today. :thumbup:

snowboardjoe 05-13-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captirwin (Post 6832018)
Thanks, I didn't know that...:dunno:

I learned something today. :thumbup:

Yep, it's been quite the topic. :)

I will surely miss the roar of an I6, but have to move on at some time. The reviews on the N20 have been really good and the worst complaint is that it sounds like a 4 cylinder engine at idle (and it does).

I should have mine this week!

GVFlyer 05-14-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardjoe (Post 6832037)
Yep, it's been quite the topic. :)

I will surely miss the roar of an I6, but have to move on at some time. The reviews on the N20 have been really good and the worst complaint is that it sounds like a 4 cylinder Diesel engine at idle (and it does).

I should have mine this week!

Fixed it for you.
;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms