Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   What do YOU LOVE about your GT? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619898)

starryeyed 05-09-2012 12:12 PM

What do YOU LOVE about your GT?
 
.....besides EVERYTHING! :D

I have been absolutely thrilled with this car! I haven't had this feeling about a car in a long time. Finally, a car that is a perfect balance between sport, luxury, and utility. Sedans are totally impractical for me, SUV's are too truck-like, many hatchbacks are too small, and "wagons" make me think of wood-paneling.

I love the fit and finish - it's really exquisite. I love being able to transport paintings, furniture, plants, sails, tons of luggage, etc. in such style. I am giddy over how well the car handles. "Drives small" is the perfect expression. I can go screaming around tight curves like the car is on rails. Everyone, including the extremely tall people in my family, fits comfortably and has an easy time entering and exiting. Despite all of the wonderful function and utility, there is such an adroit grace about the GT. It's a very sophisticated vehicle.

I couldn't help but start a "gush" thread! What do you love?

dmunz 05-09-2012 02:21 PM

The back seat. 'nuff said.

FWIW
DLM

Lex2BMW 05-09-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunz (Post 6824297)
The back seat. 'nuff said.

FWIW
DLM

Okay dmunz I think starryeyed wanted to keep this thread PG!!! :rofl:

mpress 05-09-2012 04:33 PM

Dinan Stage 2
 
love just about everything about my GT except the trapezoid tail pipes...

got the car back today with Dinan stage 2..
Now i really love my GT
501 HP

exhaust is next!

Lex2BMW 05-09-2012 04:36 PM

Although I have only had my GT for 8 days, I second everything said by starryeyed. I will also add that I LOVE not seeing many GTs on the road!

dmunz 05-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex2BMW (Post 6824547)
Okay dmunz I think starryeyed wanted to keep this thread PG!!! :rofl:

Now see, I'm a 40-something with a kid in a booster seat and two in-laws to shlep around.

I was not even thinking beyond PG.

But now that you mention it... :bigpimp:

FWIW
DLM

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App

Mrchasv 05-09-2012 08:09 PM

I completely concur with Starry.... especially now that my wheels have been swapped out. I was even able to haul my new tires and wheels to the dealer for service. Will post photos soon. Starry's becoming the MVP of this forum.

Mikez38 05-10-2012 08:37 AM

Really enjoy the panoramic sun roof and soft close doors

starryeyed 05-10-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrchasv (Post 6825013)
I completely concur with Starry.... especially now that my wheels have been swapped out. I was even able to haul my new tires and wheels to the dealer for service. Will post photos soon. Starry's becoming the MVP of this forum.

Aw, shucks. :) In addition to not being able to contain myself about this car (!), I want to make sure anyone researching the GT realizes what an "ultimate" vehicle it really is!

Lex and dmunz, you guys are too funny! :rofl: We're big fans of the back seat too, in a very G-rated way!

And the new cupholders are SO much better than my '08.

Also, I am so happy that BMW took the climate control operation out of the iDrive. Now, it's so easy to adjust the settings. And the system works beautifully.

What else?

lexhair 05-11-2012 08:10 AM

1) Soft close doors.
2) Door lock button on the trunk lid (brilliant).
3) Sport mode.
4) Keyless entry.

starryeyed 05-12-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpress (Post 6824548)
love just about everything about my GT except the trapezoid tail pipes...

got the car back today with Dinan stage 2..
Now i really love my GT
501 HP

exhaust is next!

mpress, I can't get over it - 501 hp!?! WOW! :thumbup:

That would be my favorite thing if I had it!

starryeyed 05-12-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexhair (Post 6827872)
1) Soft close doors.
2) Door lock button on the trunk lid (brilliant).
3) Sport mode.
4) Keyless entry.

lexhair, tell me about your soft close doors? When you shut the door, does the car suck the door closed the rest of the way? You have an '11 535, right? I saw it on a 550, but I don't have that feature on my 2012 535. Did yours come with it?

mpress 05-12-2012 07:04 AM

starry come drive it... it really does freak people out when they get in this big luxury car and it drives like a little sports car.. Took friends out to dinner last night about 20 miles away they spent half the ride leaning forward looking at the speedometer in disbelief... the combination of comfort and speed in this car is unrivaled....
mp

mpress 05-12-2012 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love everything about my GT but on an 80 degree NY day my other baby gets to come out and retake center stage!!!!

Capobranco 05-12-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpress (Post 6829851)
I love everything about my GT but on an 80 degree NY day my other baby gets to come out and retake center stage!!!!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...3&d=1336839887


http://www.perfect10show.com/perfect_10_logo.png


You have a very cool stable! :thumbup:

gmblack3 05-12-2012 07:20 PM

Sport+ :) Had to drive the GT into work last night. Loop road around the Atl, turns are a little tighter on the way home, that will keep you awake at 6am.

Already 4k miles, July will bring a trip with at least another 1700.

New wheels hopefully will be here in less then two weeks. :bigpimp:

gmblack3 05-12-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpress (Post 6829851)
I love everything about my GT but on an 80 degree NY day my other baby gets to come out and retake center stage!!!!

Looking good!

Tonomeis 05-12-2012 07:31 PM

I just added tint to the rear windows of my GT and it's one more of a long list of things I love about the car :)

gentryma1 05-13-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starryeyed (Post 6829595)
lexhair, tell me about your soft close doors? When you shut the door, does the car suck the door closed the rest of the way? You have an '11 535, right? I saw it on a 550, but I don't have that feature on my 2012 535. Did yours come with it?

Up until today I thought I missed this option on my 535 GT but after reading this and a few other posts, it looks like its in the convenience package of the 550 GT only -- is that right?? I have been kicking myself thinking I made an ordering mistake for weeks.

Tonomeis 05-13-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gentryma1 (Post 6831165)
Up until today I thought I missed this option on my 535 GT but after reading this and a few other posts, it looks like its in the convenience package of the 550 GT only -- is that right?? I have been kicking myself thinking I made an ordering mistake for weeks.

My 2011 535i GT has soft close doors. I guess the feature was in one of the option packages the first owner ordered.

starryeyed 05-13-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpress (Post 6829619)
starry come drive it... it really does freak people out when they get in this big luxury car and it drives like a little sports car.. Took friends out to dinner last night about 20 miles away they spent half the ride leaning forward looking at the speedometer in disbelief... the combination of comfort and speed in this car is unrivaled....
mp

You are SO RIGHT mpress! Every car I have owned I take down the same curvy rural road and the GT is far superior to everything else. The handling is so precise without being too squirrelly. It's effortless. And despite whipping around hairpin turns at ridiculous speeds, I feel like I haven't even pushed the limits of the car yet.

Good you have another ride in the stable because when I come drive your 501 HP pony, it may be a while before I come back! Ha-ha! :D

starryeyed 05-13-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmblack3 (Post 6830635)
Sport+ :) Had to drive the GT into work last night. Loop road around the Atl, turns are a little tighter on the way home, that will keep you awake at 6am.

Already 4k miles, July will bring a trip with at least another 1700.

New wheels hopefully will be here in less then two weeks. :bigpimp:

Funny how those miles add up, right? I find myself offering to drive everywhere. Oh, the next-door-neighbor needs milk? I'll go!

Please be sure to post pictures of the new wheels!!

I haven't spent much time in Sport+ mode - how would you describe the difference in driving experience between Sport+ and regular Sport?

starryeyed 05-13-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gentryma1 (Post 6831165)
Up until today I thought I missed this option on my 535 GT but after reading this and a few other posts, it looks like its in the convenience package of the 550 GT only -- is that right?? I have been kicking myself thinking I made an ordering mistake for weeks.

I know - me too. I was wondering why my car didn't have it. So it must have been an option on a 535 for a portion of 2011? I wonder if that's something that can be retrofitted......You're so lucky Tonomeis!

So I'm slamming my front doors a little harder than other cars to get them to shut, but once they are closed, the cabin is a perfectly insulated pod. By "perfect" I again mean a great balance. I can still hear the engine, the ultra-smooth shift of the transmission, sirens coming, and other important feedback, but I don't hear a lot of road noise, wind, noisy mufflers, etc. despite my speed. I love that!

So 90 doesn't sound much different than 50! Good thing for that heads-up display, right?

jadnashuanh 05-13-2012 06:00 PM

The fastest I drove mine in Germany was the recommended 100mph until the breakin period was over, but I did ride at that speed for awhile. It is definately noisier at 100, but it's not objectionable. It would have been nice to try to hit max speed, but didn't want to stress things, and the traffic was too high to probably get much more, plus many sections have speed limits anyways.

gmblack3 05-13-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starryeyed (Post 6831924)
Funny how those miles add up, right? I find myself offering to drive everywhere. Oh, the next-door-neighbor needs milk? I'll go!

Please be sure to post pictures of the new wheels!!

I haven't spent much time in Sport+ mode - how would you describe the difference in driving experience between Sport+ and regular Sport?

Trips to Savannah and Daytona, so that was 1500 miles out of the 4k total in 2 months. Besides for the trips, my wife drives the car 80% of the time. So when I do get to drive it. :angel:

Will do on the wheels.

I'm either in comfort or sport+. A large difference between those IMO. I'll have to drive it around in sport more often.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms