Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   My Melbourne Red Base Line (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620699)

micknugget 05-13-2012 03:18 PM

My Melbourne Red Base Line
 
4 Attachment(s)
Since I have not seen many pictures or a base model with the 17" wheels I thought that I would share a couple of mine. You can see in the one photo how the red when in the sunlight looks almost orange.

soopra 05-13-2012 03:44 PM

what do you think of the interior? i'm debating whether to get the sportline or the base model and use the savings for more options but i've heard a lot of complaints about the base interior.

micknugget 05-13-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopra (Post 6831913)
what do you think of the interior? i'm debating whether to get the sportline or the base model and use the savings for more options but i've heard a lot of complaints about the base interior.

Not sure what there is to complain about. I like the silver and don't care that it's missing a few silver/chrome trim pieces. I really don't like black interiors and the sportline with leather was out of my budget with the other options I wanted.

SuperTerp 05-13-2012 06:07 PM

I love beige, but I agree with some of the consensus around here, that the steering wheel, and some other panels are just too much. Plus I'd get wood :D

Good problems to have though, no?

micknugget 05-13-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTerp (Post 6832172)
I love beige, but I agree with some of the consensus around here, that the steering wheel, and some other panels are just too much. Plus I'd get wood :D

Good problems to have though, no?

The issue with the wood in the base model is that it looked really dark in the brochure and I wanted the more sporty look, thus the silver.

evergreen2000 05-13-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micknugget (Post 6832228)
The issue with the wood in the base model is that it looked really dark in the brochure and I wanted the more sporty look, thus the silver.

You can get wood in the base model?

micknugget 05-13-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evergreen2000 (Post 6832254)
You can get wood in the base model?

My CA had a brochure that showed it but it wasn't on the BMW site. I think it's going to be one of the 2013 changes.

mr_clueless 05-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micknugget (Post 6831885)
Since I have not seen many pictures or a base model with the 17" wheels I thought that I would share a couple of mine. You can see in the one photo how the red when in the sunlight looks almost orange.

Looks sharp. The color combo would be one of my choices. And I'm considering the base as well. Luxury/Modern are definitely out. Sport with Grey seats is a possibility, but I like the beige much better. The only thing I don't like about the beige is the seat belts. Since they see a lot of hands, I see them getting grimy over time. They should have left those black like in the E46.

I should also say I much prefer the look of the steering wheel in the base model as compared to that in the sports line.

What options did you get? Did you get leather?

micknugget 05-13-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_clueless (Post 6832267)
Looks sharp. The color combo would be one of my choices. And I'm considering the base as well. Luxury/Modern are definitely out. Sport with Grey seats is a possibility, but I like the beige much better. The only thing I don't like about the beige is the seat belts. Since they see a lot of hands, I see them getting grimy over time. They should have left those black like in the E46.

I should also say I much prefer the look of the steering wheel in the base model as compared to that in the sports line.

What options did you get? Did you get leather?

With kids and a light colored interior, I would definitely scotchgard the seat belts. It probably not a bad idea even for adults:D.

I got the leatherette. It looks like leather and wears much better. I had an e46 and the leatherette seats looked like new 50k miles and 4 years later.

As for options, all I got was the heated seats & steering wheel, moon roof, and the metallic paint.

mr_clueless 05-13-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micknugget (Post 6832337)
I got the leatherette. It looks like leather and wears much better. I had an e46 and the leatherette seats looked like new 50k miles and 4 years later.

I have friends who have leather in their cars (non-BMW) that claim their leather wears well too...in other words, they haven't been applying conditioner or anything. But they are in the Bay Area and the weather doesn't get that extreme that.

With my car, the driver's seat is showing a big crack now and one can tell that's not leather. But that is after more than 9 years. I'm tempted to try leather for the next car, but let's see. The passenger seat and back seat don't see much use and those look new even now.

mr_clueless 05-13-2012 07:59 PM

BTW, the your car have the seat pan tilt control shown on pg 46 of this manual?
http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou...al_F30POST.pdf
I used to think that getting manual seats mean giving up on the tilt function.

live4wknds 05-13-2012 09:13 PM

Looks sharp! I've ordered a base line so it's nice to see 'real' pics from base line owners. Thanks!

micknugget 05-14-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_clueless (Post 6832384)
BTW, the your car have the seat pan tilt control shown on pg 46 of this manual?
http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou...al_F30POST.pdf
I used to think that getting manual seats mean giving up on the tilt function.

My car did not come with the seat tilt adjustment but, at least for me, it is set-up roughly where I would want it. The only complaint that I have about the standard seats (probably the same issue with any of the non-sport seats) is that the seat cushion is a little flat and if you drive aggressively you do tend to shift around a little. Higher bolsters would be nice.

SARAFIL 05-14-2012 05:07 AM

"Powered by BMW Motorsport"

Really??

Psycdude 05-14-2012 11:58 PM

Really nice looking car! I think the base model wheels look great, of course I'm biased as a fellow "base head".

speedwaywhite 05-15-2012 11:03 AM

Looks really good; enjoy the ride. If everyone would get the same, these forums would be boring.

mr_clueless 05-15-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedwaywhite (Post 6835942)
Looks really good; enjoy the ride. If everyone would get the same, these forums would be boring.

Tell that to the guys on the iphone forums.

need4speed 05-15-2012 02:37 PM

Great color combo! N4S


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms