Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Does Gran Coupe get New or Old iDrive? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622472)

640GC 05-22-2012 08:35 AM

Does Gran Coupe get New or Old iDrive?
 
The 2013 5 & 7 series get the new iDrive with the Intel processor, higher resolution screen, NVidia graphics. Does the 2013 Gran Coupe get the new iDrive? How about the other 6 series?

May order a 7 series if the Gran Coupe is stuck with the old iDrive.

Harris 05-28-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharding (Post 6849708)
The 2013 5 & 7 series get the new iDrive with the Intel processor, higher resolution screen, NVidia graphics. Does the 2013 Gran Coupe get the new iDrive? How about the other 6 series?

May order a 7 series if the Gran Coupe is stuck with the old iDrive.

have you found out?? very good question

Stealth.Pilot 05-28-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharding (Post 6849708)
The 2013 5 & 7 series get the new iDrive with the Intel processor, higher resolution screen, NVidia graphics. Does the 2013 Gran Coupe get the new iDrive? How about the other 6 series?

May order a 7 series if the Gran Coupe is stuck with the old iDrive.

The difference is not that big. If I was you I would get the 6GC regardless. However I think it most likely has the new one.

WhyGeeGee 05-28-2012 11:48 PM

I don't think that the new iDrive warrent a purchase of the 7er over the 6GC. In my opinion if you are getting 6GC then you prefer style+ handeling over comfort and lets not forget that the 7er only have 3 more years before the new model comes out which will make it even more outdated than the 6GC with the old iDrive.

mlai 05-30-2012 08:21 PM

My sales just confirmed to me: 6GC will NOT have the new iDrive.

Ace535i 06-29-2012 01:22 AM

The 5, 7, and 3-series Xdrive get the next generation hardware~software updates.

I am not sure if all three get it starting in July.

wessew 08-24-2012 09:14 AM

Gran Coupe gets the new iDrive in the March, 2013 production lot.

djsaad1 09-02-2012 08:44 PM

I was thinking about getting rid of my range rover lease early and getting the 650 but I guess now I might as well wait. March isn't too far away.

How long does it usually take to get one if you have to custom order one? I am guessing 4 months?

XZLR8 09-08-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot (Post 6861424)
The difference is not that big. If I was you I would get the 6GC regardless. However I think it most likely has the new one.

I agree that the difference is minor. It certainly wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. The current GCs, though, are getting the "old" iDrive.

XZLR8 09-08-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7049710)
How long does it usually take to get one if you have to custom order one? I am guessing 4 months?

There are a slew of variables, but generally it shouldn't take more than half that.

inkyxnee 09-14-2012 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info
 
So, with the information that the GC will have an updated idrive in March, and with the S class coming at the same time, we are going to wait the 6 months before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the info on this forum!

640GC 09-21-2012 06:37 AM

Just took delivery. The old iDrive is fine as I don't know what I'm missing. In three years, we'll replace the car with what ever new features are available. Loving the car!

XZLR8 09-21-2012 06:47 AM

The GC looks great, aharding. Enjoy. And post some interior pics!

640GC 09-21-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XZLR8 (Post 7087618)
The GC looks great, aharding. Enjoy. And post some interior pics!

Will be able to in about six weeks when we take re-delivery. It's a long wait but worth it.

When are you picking up your 650i Gran Coupe?

XZLR8 09-21-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharding (Post 7087859)
Will be able to in about six weeks when we take re-delivery. It's a long wait but worth it.

When are you picking up your 650i Gran Coupe?

Week 44 production. I should take delivery sometime in late November to mid-December.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms