Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 M5 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Interior color choices (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623053)

mwagner1 05-24-2012 10:16 PM

Interior color choices

Hey all...is anyone else sort of disappointed with the interior color choices currently on the BYO for the new M5?? I mean, Silverstone, Black and the Sakhir Orange is all I see before you get to the Individual colors. I would love to at least see something like Bamboo Beige as a regular color option..or am I being too picky?? Just curious....

Cheers,

MI55LE 05-25-2012 06:18 AM

not "picky" - my complaint is with the exterior color choices - something like a Ferrari Yellow & perhaps a Fire Orange and a couple of others would be nifty

mwagner1 05-25-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MI55LE (Post 6856003)
not "picky" - my complaint is with the exterior color choices - something like a Ferrari Yellow & perhaps a Fire Orange and a couple of others would be nifty

Interesting, oddly enough, the exterior color choices do not bother me as much as the interior colors as I am pretty funny about car colors that, ah, cough cough, might attract too much unwanted attention from the local constabulary. Besides, any type of color like orange/red, after a short time, has the unfortunate ability to make me angry...probably not a good idea with a beast like an M5...:D

Cheers,

nlk10010 05-26-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MI55LE (Post 6856003)

I tend to agree with you. Especially lately BMW (and, for that matter, MB) have narrowed their exterior color choices for many cars. I would much prefer to have an alternative to what I perceive as the blah silver, black, blue, grey, metallic browns (e.g. Green, Red, Yellow). Porsche has some gorgeous colors but, alas, their cars are not quite right for me (if only because of the price).

I guess it could be an economic thing, the wider the color choices the higher is overall level of production costs.

Who knows?

MI55LE 05-26-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlk10010 (Post 6858172)
I tend to agree with you..

did ya happen to see the M5 that some modder put the Yellow paint job on (with a lot of other mods) ? I had a pic of it (but lost it, somehow !!)

believe he was from So Cal - and took the car to SIMA

beautiful (would like to see it again)

Stealth.Pilot 05-28-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwagner1 (Post 6855690)
Hey all...is anyone else sort of disappointed with the interior color choices currently on the BYO for the new M5?? I mean, Silverstone, Black and the Sakhir Orange is all I see before you get to the Individual colors. I would love to at least see something like Bamboo Beige as a regular color option..or am I being too picky?? Just curious....

Cheers,

I too am disappointed by the interior option colors. I would be less disappointing if at $5000 the Individual leather options were full leather.

MI55LE 06-01-2012 01:59 PM

don't mean to hijack this thread, but found the pics that I was talking about in my above post - IF my car had a black interior I'd sure consider a repaint to this :

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...o/5813aefa.jpg

nlk10010 06-21-2012 06:53 AM

Oy! (IMO, of course everyone has a different opinion).

Porsche has a yellow but it's not quite that, ah, shall we say, pungent.

I'm looking at the Sakhir Orange that BMW seems to be throwing out there as a bone to people wanting a more colorful car. I'd have to see it in person.

When I bought my first car (a 1971 BMW 2002) I always wanted the orange but the dealer didn't have one in stock so I "settled" for Riviera Blue. I was hoping the Sakhir would harken back to that color (don't remember the original name) but the 1971 orange was more a creamsicle color, Sakhir seems more red-orange. OTOH, wifey wants a car the same color as her 1980s orange Chevette, and Sakhir seems to fill the bill.

Fine by me. :)