Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Coding and Programming (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   All BMWs ESYS Coding 101-Getting Started (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624369)

shawnsheridan 05-31-2012 06:40 PM

I am getting a sense of Déjà vu here. :D

grilodan 06-01-2012 02:51 PM

@DreamCar, feel free to add my name to the helpers ... I'm in Chicago, IL and have been able to code everything on this list except SLI and HUD because I don't have them, but it should be straightforward enough.

cn555ic 06-02-2012 11:25 AM

Epic

Ausfahrt 06-03-2012 12:42 PM

Dreamcar, add me to the list I can help people install everything or help them get started . I'm at St. Louis, MO.

1STBimmer 06-04-2012 06:08 PM

@dreamcar,

I can code/help with set up in Birmingham, AL...please add to the list.

park828 06-04-2012 08:19 PM

i can help in norcal area

jgscott987 06-04-2012 08:55 PM

One feature I'd love to disable is the comfort access locking by touching the ribbed portion of the door handle.

When I reach for the door handle, especially in a tight parking space, my hand naturally lands on the ribs, causing the door to lock. :mad: I never use the feature intentionally- I just reach in my pocket and press the fob to lock. I would like to keep the comfort unlock function intact if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on what module or code area I could disable this in?

Thanks!

shawnsheridan 06-04-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgscott987 (Post 6876398)
One feature I'd love to disable is the comfort access locking by touching the ribbed portion of the door handle.

When I reach for the door handle, especially in a tight parking space, my hand naturally lands on the ribs, causing the door to lock. :mad: I never use the feature intentionally- I just reach in my pocket and press the fob to lock. I would like to keep the comfort unlock function intact if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on what module or code area I could disable this in?

Thanks!

Check the CAS Module.

DreamCar 06-05-2012 04:12 AM

Guys we have entire forum for us... please create a seperate threads.... and you have more visisbility for your question

alextremo 06-05-2012 06:36 AM

I'd be willing to help others code in MA.

harrisfb 06-07-2012 08:43 AM

I was able to successfully code my car yesterday. Thanks to the help of DreamCar and the other members of the forum!

I coded:
Window/moonroof close on fob and door ridges.
Trunk close on cabin button and fob.
Auto high beams on by default with headlights.
Fog lights and high beams on at the same time.
iDrive warnings off (camera & navigation).
Seat belt warnings at 1 chime instead of 90 seconds of chiming.
Front windows continue to roll up with opening of door.
Side view cameras at all speeds.
Tire pressure monitor show psi and temp.
DVD in motion.
Doors unlock on engine off.

I am no expert as I have only done my own car. But I have the software and the enet cable, so put me down for being able to assist with coding in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.

dmunz 06-07-2012 10:00 AM

Hit a Roadblock - HELP

I got everything set up, I see the IP address for my car and the VIN shows up in ZGW.

I open E-Sys and when I hit connect get the pop up which has my VIN next to that radio buttion, but nothing shows up in the Target box.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
DLM

ImSW1 06-07-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunz (Post 6881770)
I got everything set up, I see the IP address for my car and the VIN shows up in ZGW.

I open E-Sys and when I hit connect get the pop up which has my VIN next to that radio buttion, but nothing shows up in the Target box.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
DLM

More than likely the "dist" folders missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...postcount=1453

Sean

park828 06-07-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImSW1 (Post 6881788)
More than likely the "dist" folders missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...postcount=1453

Sean

yup i had the same problem but i was missing the dist folders.

dmunz 06-07-2012 12:24 PM

Not me. I had the dist folders, but managed to put the whlole data set in the wrong sub-folder.

FWIW
DLM

ImSW1 06-07-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunz (Post 6882050)
Not me. I had the dist folders, but managed to put the whlole data set in the wrong sub-folder.

FWIW
DLM

Score! Could be worse, you could have posted about it...oh wait! :oP

Sean

gspannu 06-07-2012 03:02 PM

First of all, a big Thank You to @Dreamcar and others for this forum.

I have just come back from my first session.

1. Took backup of all CAFD modules (as advised).
2. Coded the following:
- Auto Start/ Stop - remember last used setting.
- Auto Headlight Activation (ON by default).
- Bootlid close from Driver button (The UK models already close from the Fob as standard with Comfort Pack). Surprisingly, this worked straight away - no need to wait as per cheat sheet.

: It was fairly easy to code with the instructions from your posts.

Much appreciated; you have been really helpful.

Thank you, @DreamCar once again.

gspannu 06-07-2012 03:04 PM

I am based in the UK, Southern England.

I am willing to help others install the software and assist in coding.

You may put my name down as a volunteer.

ImSW1 06-07-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6882393)
I am based in the UK, Southern England.

I am willing to help others install the software and assist in coding.

You may put my name down as a volunteer.

Awesome! As of today F-Series coding assistance goes international.

Sean

cn555ic 06-07-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6882384)
First of all, a big Thank You to @Dreamcar and others for this forum.

I have just come back from my first session.

1. Took backup of all CAFD modules (as advised).
2. Coded the following:
- Auto Start/ Stop - remember last used setting.
- Auto Headlight Activation (ON by default).
- Bootlid close from Driver button (The UK models already close from the Fob as standard with Comfort Pack). Surprisingly, this worked straight away - no need to wait as per cheat sheet.

: It was fairly easy to code with the instructions from your posts.

Much appreciated; you have been really helpful.

Thank you, @DreamCar once again.

How does one backup all the CAFD modules before even coding? I have been asking this question and I do not see any literature on how to do this...

ImSW1 06-07-2012 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn555ic (Post 6882950)
How does one backup all the CAFD modules before even coding? I have been asking this question and I do not see any literature on how to do this...

cn555ic,

We've just finished a "how-to" for where the backups of your CAFD files are stored and how to get a baseline set. It also gives instructions on how to read your FDL files while disconnected from the car.

DreamCar is going to attach it to the first post, but here's a copy for you to reference.

Sean

DreamCar 06-08-2012 03:41 AM

Attached the file to the first post.... And i think we need to clean up the first post little bit.

ImSW1 06-08-2012 05:37 AM

DreamCar,

I have enough trouble keeping my PM inbox clean and clear. Sounds like a good idea to me. Can't wait to see version 1.1 or 2.0, whichever you chose.

Sean

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamCar (Post 6883332)
Attached the file to the first post.... And i think we need to clean up the first post little bit.

cn555ic 06-08-2012 03:33 PM

Okay. Thanks Sean. I guess the next part is showing us how to actually code the cafd stored back into the ecu in case we somehow messed up the coding!

cn555ic 06-09-2012 05:58 AM

I get it's spreading bigtime now! BMWcoding Forum now has the E-Sys 3.18.4 download as a sticky! LMAO. I guess there is no more money to be made on it. So sick of the line. It can be had but not free! Lol. Let's see them post the 3.20 or 3.22 without a price! Not happening unless this site starts getting it out public