Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Coding and Programming (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   F10 Retrofitting Lane Departure Warning (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627079)

gspannu 06-11-2012 02:18 AM

Retrofitting Lane Departure Warning

Quote:

Originally Posted by miotoo (Post 6887732)
So for EU F10 owners who do have LDW (ie blessed with KAFAS module+camera) seems the conclusion is that using the settings from the cheat sheet will in fact enable SLI properly for them.

Wish there was someone here who could confirm this.

Wonder also what's in that retrofit box. Probably only coding then.

@Dream KAFAS2 is a different module, probably 66519271195. How can it help us? Maybe we can read the FDL settings from one who has it say in the F30?

I have access to a UK 2012 model F10 that I have just started programming. I am still waiting for my own car to arrive in a couple of weeks time.

The referred car has SLI, High Beam Auto & HUD but does not have LDW. I believe the camera is still the same (as it is required by SLI). SLI works like a charm - almost 99% accurate on UK roads.

Let me know if you want me to read settings from this car - just guide me into what you want done and I'll post the files. I am still a bit of newbie but happy to help out.

My project is to get LDW working (as reading from your/ DreamCar/ others efforts on SLI) - I think it may be possible to get LDW working as they all share the same hardware camera.

miotoo 06-11-2012 05:19 AM

@gspannu thanks for showing interest.

For LDW you will also need the rear bumper sensors 66326857779 / 80.

If possible please post the cafd files for KAFAS HU_CIC & KOMBI of this mentioned car.

Only operation needed is read VCM, so nothing to worry about. Files should be stored in CAF folder.

gspannu 06-11-2012 12:28 PM

@Dreamcar, @1stBimmer, @miotoo

I will be back home in about an hour. Will give it a go then and then read out the files and post here. I propose to do the following:

1. Clear out existing CAF folder (I have backups!)
2. Read the 3 files you have mentioned.
3. Post these files here.

As a side question, @miotoo mentions I need the rear bumper sensors 66326857779 / 80 for LDW. Are these special sensors that come as part of a special pack or are these just normal PDC sensors. (I do not have Park Assist, I just have normal front & rear PDC). What are these sensors?

DrHorsey 06-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6888438)
I have access to a UK 2012 model F10 that I have just started programming. I am still waiting for my own car to arrive in a couple of weeks time.

The referred car has SLI, High Beam Auto & HUD but does not have LDW. I believe the camera is still the same (as it is required by SLI). SLI works like a charm - almost 99% accurate on UK roads.

My project is to get LDW working (as reading from your/ DreamCar/ others efforts on SLI) - I think it may be possible to get LDW working as they all share the same hardware camera.

@gspannu, funny you should be considering this ...

I just got a MY2013 F25 with SLI but not LDW …

… I didn’t want LDW, but its only now I see the user guide that I discover that LDW come with Forward Alert, which I would have taken the option for if only the sales associate had known or mentioned it.

I am also left wondering if LDW and Forward Alert are coding option on the same hardware used for SPI.

Of course, the steering wheel wont vibrate for LDW, and there is the small issue of the activation buttons on the dash, but none the less, if I could enable Forward Alert, I would be interested to see how this could be done …

DreamCar 06-11-2012 05:38 PM

GSPannu,

Thanks for the files...

I dont see any difference between these and Mobilieum's (I assuming this will be case for all EU countries).
So enabling SLI in EU countries on cars with LDW should be a breeze.

And regarding the question you posted for me in the other forum...

We gotta check if we can activate the LDW with out the hard switch or if we can default the LDW to be "on" like HBA .

DrHorsey 06-11-2012 11:20 PM

@DreamCar, it's been mentioned that LDW needs special rear sensors ... What for?

Do you know if the Forward Warning uses anything other than the camera?

On a side note, does the front camera have a video out anywhere? I was thinking of getting one of those loop recording dash cameras in case of an "event".

Would be handy for the front facing camera to keep a loop of video prior to an accident or something. Failing that maybe it can be wired into a recording device...

DreamCar 06-12-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHorsey (Post 6890215)
@DreamCar, it's been mentioned that LDW needs special rear sensors ... What for?

Do you know if the Forward Warning uses anything other than the camera?

On a side note, does the front camera have a video out anywhere? I was thinking of getting one of those loop recording dash cameras in case of an "event".

Would be handy for the front facing camera to keep a loop of video prior to an accident or something. Failing that maybe it can be wired into a recording device...

Ok I was only referring to lane departure warning not the the lane change warning I think rear sensors are required for lane change warning aka blind spot detection?
Well thats what I think , I may be wrong.

mjgood 06-12-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamCar (Post 6890275)
Ok I was only referring to lane departure warning not the the lane change warning I think rear sensors are required for lane change warning aka blind spot detection?

I think you're correct... front camera for LDW, rear sensors for blind spot...

I thought the side sensors were used as well for blind spot, it doesn't seem they are since the cars aren't picked up until they are in range of the rear sensor... guess the side sensors are for parking assist..

gspannu 06-12-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamCar (Post 6890275)

Hi,

Now that you have the reference files from my car; and it seems that I may not need the rear sensors (hardware) - it should now be trying out 2 things:

1. Enabling LDW
2. Getting the LDW to be 'Always ON' - as there is no physical switch for the same.

Any idea what changes I should try to get LDW working?
As mentioned earlier; I have Speed Limit Info and Head Lamp Assist as factory standard.

Can you advise which key functions/ values to try and modify?

Much appreciated….

miotoo 06-12-2012 05:14 AM

@gspanuu there are cafd files from @mobileum in the old thread http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=619819, his car is EU build and if I'm not mistaken has all 3 options LDW HBA SLI so comparing your files to his should be a good way forward for you.

I can't seem to find that post at the moment, but if no one gets to it, later I can post the files as I have them at home..

DreamCar 06-12-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6890326)
Hi,

Now that you have the reference files from my car; and it seems that I may not need the rear sensors (hardware) - it should now be trying out 2 things:

1. Enabling LDW
2. Getting the LDW to be 'Always ON' - as there is no physical switch for the same.

As mentioned earlier; I have Speed Limit Info and Head Lamp Assist as factory standard.

Much appreciated….

Obviously KAFAS, HU-CIC ... I need to check in detail to be sure.

akiss 06-12-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Hi,

1. Enabling LDW

Much appreciated….

Beside that you'll need a NEW steering wheel as the one for LDW has a different part number and so won't feed the vibrations with the "old" one - already tried.

Andy

miotoo 06-12-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akiss (Post 6890484)
Beside that you'll need a NEW steering wheel as the one for LDW has a different part number and so won't feed the vibrations with the "old" one - already tried.

Andy

Hello Andy, when you say you tried, you mean the LDW worked & the missing action was only the steering vibration? Did you get the warning light in the kombi to show?

akiss 06-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Hi,

1. Enabling LDW

Much appreciated….

Quote:

Originally Posted by miotoo (Post 6890498)
Hello Andy, when you say you tried, you mean the LDW worked & the missing action was only the steering vibration? Did you get the warning light in the kombi to show?

Correct, I did you the indicators in the KOMBI but the vibration was missing - the part sell for more than EUR 400...

Andy

miotoo 06-12-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akiss (Post 6890512)
Correct, I did you the indicators in the KOMBI but the vibration was missing - the part sell for more than EUR 400...

Andy

Vibration generator is part 32336787451 for standard steering wheel. 74 Euro. Maybe new wiring is needed to pass the signal..

akiss 06-12-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miotoo (Post 6890675)
Vibration generator is part 32336787451. 74 Euro. Maybe new wiring is needed to pass the signal..

Right, but the steering wheel has a different part number if you have this option:

mine right now is: 32336792421 but I would need 32336792423 and that's the expensive part.

Check here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...66&hg=32&fg=35

Andy

miotoo 06-12-2012 11:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
@gspanuu these are the KOMBI, HU_CIC & KAFAS files from a EU car with SLI & LDW.

In the FDL editor, search for TLC entries which is the code for the Lane Depart Warning system.

akiss 06-12-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miotoo (Post 6891013)
@gspanuu these are the KOMBI, HU_CIC & KAFAS files from a EU car with SLI & LDW.

In the FDL editor, search for TLC entries which is the code for the Lane Depart Warning system.

You need to code the steering wheel ECU SZL_LWS too!

3000, Lenkrad_Vibration

Andy

Sharbotcom 06-12-2012 05:54 PM

I am Ivory Pure (99.44%) sure that the Blind Spot Warning is only the side sensors. The pointing of the sensor allows it to pick up objects adjacent and behind it.

gspannu 06-13-2012 03:56 PM

@miotoo @akiss @dreamcar
Great suggestions guys, I'm out until Sunday. Will give these a go on Sun or Mon evening and report back.

Even if I get the warning to light up in dashboard, would be a good start; I can worry about the steering vibration later.

Side question: How would I enable this permanently as I do not have a switch on/off button for LDW?

@akiss: Since you have already achieved this...
1. do you happen to remember the exact settings changed/ documented anywhere? Saves me the hassle of going through the files line by line & comparing.
2. How did you manage without the physical switch?

svache 06-13-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6893786)
Side question: How would I enable this permanently as I do not have a switch on/off button for LDW?

Do you have buttons at all below your light switches? If so, it's possible your car is pre-wired and then you would just need a new switch :)

gspannu 06-13-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svache (Post 6893929)
Do you have buttons at all below your light switches? If so, it's possible your car is pre-wired and then you would just need a new switch :)

Yes, I do have a switch below my light switches. I have the HUD switch, but that's the only one...

svache 06-13-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspannu (Post 6894273)
Yes, I do have a switch below my light switches. I have the HUD switch, but that's the only one...

ic.. chances are that it is pre-wired but you'll have to check that :)

DreamCar 06-14-2012 07:20 AM

Retrofitting Lane Departure Warning

Creating seperate thread for convinience.

gspannu 06-14-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamCar (Post 6894789)
Creating seperate thread for convinience.

@DreamCar: Thanks for creating a separate thread. This could be a project on its own.

@akiss: Would much appreciate if you could locate the exact settings for LDW enabling specifically?

I'll give this a go on Sunday/ Monday and then report back...