Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Deleting an iDrive "Profile" - 535xi GT (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627307)

Bemo 06-15-2012 08:25 AM

Deleting an iDrive "Profile" - 535xi GT

I searched and searched this forum and others and googled this to no avail. I could not find a "delete" option for the pre-established profiles in the car. Since we bought a "pre-owned' vehicle, the current profiles have completely different settings (seating positions, radio presets, etc.) which is very annoying. Not finding the "Delete" button on those is even more annoying, help! :)

I'll keep digging tonight....

Mr Olsen 06-15-2012 04:30 PM

I believe you need to hit the 'option' button when you are on the 'profile' section on the iDrive.

Bemo 06-16-2012 12:36 PM

Update: I gave up on trying to "delete" and rather "renamed' the profiles. The profiles accepted our seating positions/radio presets but for some reason the AC gets activated on its own, each time either of the profiles is selected. I'll keep digging on how to change this and the dealer will have to help us when we bring it the car for detailing next Wednesday. Will post another updates later next week.

mpress 06-17-2012 08:16 AM

Bemo,
You can NOT delete a profile, you have to Reset it (under options) this will take the profile back to the default setting, then you can reconfigure and RENAME it...same as if you deleted it and entered yourself as new...
mp

Bemo 06-24-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpress (Post 6900186)
Bemo,
You can NOT delete a profile, you have to Reset it (under options) this will take the profile back to the default setting, then you can reconfigure and RENAME it...same as if you deleted it and entered yourself as new...
mp

Thanks, I'm still struggling in the " reconfiguration" department especially with the AC, for some reason it turns on by default, each time we start the car, perhaps it's a default setting? :dunno:

At least I was able to get the seat, mirror positions, and radio presets to stick...I'm getting there...

mpress 06-25-2012 08:01 AM

I'm pretty sure the AC will go to where ever you had it set with that key when you turned off the car last...
I do not think there is a way to program it to start off where you want it only where it let off..
mp

lexhair 06-25-2012 10:23 AM

I remember when I picked mine up. The sales rep spent almost a half hour getting the car set up with me. Next day, I grabbed my spare key by accident and everything was all torqued up. I was pissed. Read the manual, got the other key and finally stopped cursing under my breath.

Bemo 06-30-2012 08:09 AM

My wife was able to program hers but no luck with the AC settings...

cuddapah 05-15-2014 04:43 PM

Were you able to delete or reset profile ? For me, Reset is greyed out and there is no delete option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bemo (Post 6899009)
Update: I gave up on trying to "delete" and rather "renamed' the profiles. The profiles accepted our seating positions/radio presets but for some reason the AC gets activated on its own, each time either of the profiles is selected. I'll keep digging on how to change this and the dealer will have to help us when we bring it the car for detailing next Wednesday. Will post another updates later next week.

Bemo 05-21-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuddapah (Post 8344056)
Were you able to delete or reset profile ? For me, Reset is greyed out and there is no delete option.

Not really, same problem as you..

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app