1974 BMW 2002 value?
My wife and I bought this car from "Beyond 02" in 2000. She used it as her daily driver for a few years until we had kids and then it was retired to the garage and only taken out for fun from time to time. It is getting less and less use lately, and it's probably time to free up space in the garage for other stuff.
Any thoughts on it's value?
Here's what i know off-hand.
- 83,049 miles on odometer. I was told that this was the original engine and odometer was accurate when i purchased the car but never followed up to make sure. We've put less than 10,000mi on it since 2000.
- starts up and runs well but burns oil
- it has some resistance when rolling. I'm assuming it sat too long this last time and the brakes will needs some work (ebrake light stays on..maybe partially engaged?)
- new battery purchased today
- 4 speed manual transmission was rebuilt right before our purchase in 2000. Still shifts smooth and easy.
- interior is in pretty good shape. no rips or tears in seats, 1 crack in dash, carpet kit ok for old/original (no stock floormats) headliner ok. looks like it has an aftermarket center console?
- minimal rust at rear windows but i have not noticed any extensive rust or rot
- Looks like original paint color but probably not all original paint (some overspray and other signs that it probably had some painting done at some point)
- overall paint and body look clean with some random dings and chips on closer inspection
- no sunroof
- pin broken on drivers vent window (someone must have wanted the change in my ashtray really bad :confused:)
here's some pics
I'm in Northern California
I'd appreciate any guidance you can give
I will say your car is worth $3k to $5k on a good day
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms