Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   any one knows about coding the side mirrors? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629542)

shinandy 06-26-2012 11:31 AM

any one knows about coding the side mirrors?

I kinda want to code the side mirrow so they will fold when I put the car in parking....

any one got any soruce for that kind of stuff?

dmunz 06-26-2012 12:36 PM

Check out the Coding Forum under top menu here.

The short answer is yes you can code the mirrors. I'm not sure I'm not sure I'm reading your question right though. If you are wanting the mirrors to fold in when you put the car in park, that capability has not been "discovered" yet. (It would be cool.)

We have been abel to code so they fold in when you use the keyless fob to lock your door or touch the handle if you have comfort access.

FWIW
DLM

starryeyed 06-26-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunz (Post 6918112)
Check out the Coding Forum under top menu here.

The short answer is yes you can code the mirrors. I'm not sure I'm not sure I'm reading your question right though. If you are wanting the mirrors to fold in when you put the car in park, that capability has not been "discovered" yet. (It would be cool.)

We have been abel to code so they fold in when you use the keyless fob to lock your door or touch the handle if you have comfort access.

FWIW
DLM

Coding the mirrors to fold simply when you're in park does not sound like a good idea. What if you are parked, sitting in the car, waiting for whatever, and some dubious individual approaches your car from the side rear? You might not see them coming until it's too late.

I like the idea of folding upon locking much better.

jadnashuanh 06-26-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starryeyed (Post 6918347)
I like the idea of folding upon locking much better.

Someone mentioned that folding upon locking is the standard in Europe (and maybe the rest of the world?). Can't verify that.

gt=hi&bye 06-28-2012 06:21 AM

I too am interested in coding my mirrors to fold when the car is locked from either the FOB or the door handle. I read through some of the previous forums and can't find out how to do it. I have a 550i. Some forum members mentioned contacting DVDinmotion... did that and they confirmed that they don't have software for this upgrade yet.
So I am confused....
Anyone out there with a F07 with coded mirrors???????????????? How did you do it? (e.g. Step 1, Step 2, Step 3).
Sorry to be so rudimentary, but I really want to get it straight. Can it be done or are people being prophetic?

dmunz 06-28-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt=hi&bye (Post 6922258)
I too am interested in coding my mirrors to fold when the car is locked from either the FOB or the door handle. I read through some of the previous forums and can't find out how to do it. I have a 550i. Some forum members mentioned contacting DVDinmotion... did that and they confirmed that they don't have software for this upgrade yet.
So I am confused....
Anyone out there with a F07 with coded mirrors???????????????? How did you do it? (e.g. Step 1, Step 2, Step 3).
Sorry to be so rudimentary, but I really want to get it straight. Can it be done or are people being prophetic?

Yes it can and has been done on GTs.

First Step - Make friends with Shawn! :thumbup:

Actually the first step is to get the software and cable or find someone local who has them.

Once you get the gear, it is pretty straight forward. Just look through the pdf files stickied in the coding section.

If you don't have the software and cable and there isn't someone near you who does you are pretty much out of luck. I don't think anyone has had success getting a dealer to do it.

I also don't think DVDinmotion folks are expanding thier business beyond videos and the nag screen.

FWIW
DLM

miotoo 07-08-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadnashuanh (Post 6918720)
Someone mentioned that folding upon locking is the standard in Europe (and maybe the rest of the world?). Can't verify that.

Yes indeed it is the default behavior for EU models. Fold mirrors on locking or with the 2 second delay when comfort closing together with the windows.

Most of the simple coding done is adjusting parameters which are there, but are either active or inactive for certain markets.

The more advanced coding - advanced only being 'unofficial' and not different technically, is to enable/disable options which are either not offered for a specific model or are restricted anywhere due to safety concerns eg. video in motion...or copyright related like the DVD zone etc.