Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   What are the best accessories you bought? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629700)

Jen4BMW 06-27-2012 06:38 AM

What are the best accessories you bought?
 
Taking delivery of my X3 today and was wondering what accessories you added to your new ride and whether or not you'd buy them again in hindsight or not and why?

I'll report on my first impressions of my X3 35i Msport later in the week. I will confirm officially if BMW has rectified their single biggest issue...the infamous engine hesitation issue when coming off an engine off. It'll either be there or it won't be.

Thanks!

lbjgh 06-27-2012 06:57 AM

Good luck with the delivery Jen4BMW.

If you've driven an 2011 or 2012 with the old software you will immediately notice the improvements in the 2013 throttle response.

Be sure to share pics of the new wheels! :thumbup:

Me530 06-27-2012 07:31 AM

Haven't bought any accessories since I don't have my car yet, but I am considering one of the BMW rooftop carriers. I also will be buying some seat protectors for the rear seats.

Want the Thrill 06-27-2012 08:01 AM

The cargo mat for the rear area was the best buy for me. It's easy to wipe down, hose off and keeps the cargo area free of sand and debris. Love it. :thumbup:

Wabbajack 06-27-2012 08:25 AM

I got the cargo mat also, as I have a dog crate back there and wouldn't have it any other way. I also got the mud and snow floor front mats which are very lightweight compared to the ones on my original 335i sedan. When/if I find a new home for my dog (I've been looking for months) I will go for the ski bag that fits between the back seats.

Wabbajack 06-27-2012 08:25 AM

Oh, and congrats and good luck! :D

Jafeinst 06-27-2012 11:03 AM

I bought the roof rack(on Amazon- great deal from a dealer in your neck of the woods), mats and cargo liner as well. Just FYI, rackattack.com has plenty of different attachments for the BMW base rack. Don't work for them, just find them pleasant to deal with.

Me530 06-27-2012 11:40 AM

Also, if you aren't already a member of the BMW Car Club of America, consider joining. You usually get a nice 10% discount on accessories from the dealer, and after being a member for at least a year, you get a really nice rebate on new and CPO BMW's.

usaret 06-27-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen4BMW (Post 6919857)
Taking delivery of my X3 today and was wondering what accessories you added to your new ride and whether or not you'd buy them again in hindsight or not and why?

I'll report on my first impressions of my X3 35i Msport later in the week. I will confirm officially if BMW has rectified their single biggest issue...the infamous engine hesitation issue when coming off an engine off. It'll either be there or it won't be.

Thanks!

Splash guards, rear cargo liner, and rubber floor mats. All were genuine BMW, were must haves, and well worth the cost.

ECSTuning 06-27-2012 01:41 PM

Roof Racks are always a great accessory. Even though the X3 does have tons of room on the inside every now and then it's handy to be able to just strap things on the roof and go.

Click image below for more information
http://c1552172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/221494_x600.jpg

lbjgh 06-27-2012 02:33 PM

Ditto minus the splash guards which don't fit the m-sport models.
Quote:

Originally Posted by usaret (Post 6920730)
Splash guards, rear cargo liner, and rubber floor mats. All were genuine BMW, were must haves, and well worth the cost.


Me530 06-27-2012 02:41 PM

Does one need the base support system specific to the X3? Or would the base support system for another BMW model work as well (specifically an E60)?

R&E 06-28-2012 01:24 AM

Rubber floor mats, I whent with Weatherteck floor liners. Fit like a glove, very satisfied! and cargo liner.

Jen4BMW 06-28-2012 06:36 AM

Me530 awesome tip! Also thanks everyone else for chiming in on my boring thread. So on a more exciting note I drove me new X3 35i home last night but was stuck in rush hour traffic the whole way. When I get a few hundred miles on her I will report out on a plethora of hot topics. My initial take though is the throttle hesitation still exists in comfort mode with real low revs but to soon to call it either way with only 20 miles on the odometer.

ECSTuning 06-28-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me530 (Post 6921052)
Does one need the base support system specific to the X3? Or would the base support system for another BMW model work as well (specifically an E60)?

The bars are F25 specific.

Wabbajack 06-28-2012 07:54 AM

Congrats, Jen!

This morning on my way to the hiking trail there was a putz on the road for the first time driving about 10 mph. So I did what I would do in my 335i and at the first opportunity to pass, I slammed the gear shift into sport mode and stepped on it (curvy mountain road without much room to pass), and the f&*%$in thing took several seconds to downshift and accelerate.

NOT what it should be doing. I'm really pissed now.

slambmw 06-28-2012 10:58 AM

Single piece rear seat floor mat. This covers the floor hump and fits so nicely without sliding, since this is one long piece. Trunk liner is good too with the small box and bumper cover. Would be better if the fit didn't cover the trunk pocket storage.

Not too happy with the front floor mats as the driver installed gas pedal prevents purchasing aftermarket brands.

gfeiner 06-28-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slambmw (Post 6922989)
...Not too happy with the front floor mats as the driver installed gas pedal prevents purchasing aftermarket brands.

Not true. bavauto.com sells custom floor mats that fit the F25 front drivers side perfectly. I purchased a nice berber set from them. They have the velcro pads on the back just like OEM mats.

Norm50 06-28-2012 01:48 PM

I'm in Canada and the All Weather Floor mats and the cargo liner were musts for me.

Me530 06-28-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6922578)
Congrats, Jen!

This morning on my way to the hiking trail there was a putz on the road for the first time driving about 10 mph. So I did what I would do in my 335i and at the first opportunity to pass, I slammed the gear shift into sport mode and stepped on it (curvy mountain road without much room to pass), and the f&*%$in thing took several seconds to downshift and accelerate.

NOT what it should be doing. I'm really pissed now.

Do you have the Sport Automatic Transmission?

Wabbajack 06-28-2012 02:18 PM

Everything. DHP, M sport, Tech, Premium

In my 335's (2007 & 2011) I had SAP which was Sport transmission and suspension on those.

Big W 06-29-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6923509)
Everything. DHP, M sport, Tech, Premium

In my 335's (2007 & 2011) I had SAP which was Sport transmission and suspension on those.

In that situation you should've put it in manual and downshifted, was too late for sports to understand your needs.

Wabbajack 06-29-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big W (Post 6925912)
In that situation you should've put it in manual and downshifted, was too late for sports to understand your needs.

Sport is Manual with regards to the transmission-pulling the gear shift to the left and the Display shows Sport and S1, S2, etc. for the gears. That's what I did and what I'm referring to. I never had an issue with it in my two 335's.

02420X3 06-29-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbajack (Post 6925955)
Sport is Manual with regards to the transmission-pulling the gear shift to the left and the Display shows Sport and S1, S2, etc. for the gears. That's what I did and what I'm referring to. I never had an issue with it in my two 335's.

Agree that what you tried didn't have the expected results. Troubling. As are the other acceleration-related issues that you have mentioned. You've got more going on than the typical X3 acceleration from a dead stop issue. Service needs to give you some real attention.

lukeeesteve 07-14-2012 03:19 PM

1st tweak

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...e/5d651cc1.jpg


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms