Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Should I pull the trigger?? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632446)

Siruis 07-11-2012 07:33 AM

Should I pull the trigger??

Hey all, I currently drive a 2009 BMW 328 XI Coupe. Just has premium and cold package so is pretty basic. I really love the new X1 and was planning to custom order one!! My only drawback is i have not seen the car in person or driven one, but my dealership is taking orders now and i am just so tempted to get one! We want the X1 because we need the towing capacity and the dealership said the X1 should be rated at 2,500 pounds (we need to tow a scamp trailer that weights 1,500 pounds).

This is what i was looing at
28i AWD
Valencia Orange Exterior
Ultimate Package (premium, nav, parking)
Lighting Package
HK Sound upgrade
Sirius Radio
BMW Apps
Heated Seats

Now where i am running into problems is if i should go with the X Line or M Sport Package. I want either a terra or red interior, but cant decide! I think i do prefer the Terra color, but then no sport seats or sport suspension. Dealership said they will only give me $1,500 off MSRP and I am taking my car in on Friday for a trade valuation. Any advice is warranted!

I am only 26 years old and my goal is to keep this car forever, thats why i want to custom order and get exactly what i want!

petriej 07-11-2012 10:31 AM

If you can wait I'd suggest test driving first. That's my plan. Also get the extended warranty if you're going to hold onto the car forever.

motordavid 07-11-2012 11:16 AM

I agree with the wait & drive one opin...
This isn't a Bugatti Veyron.

Rec'd waiting for a few at the dlr, looking at them, driving them, thinking about options, etc.
A lot of dough to spend on a quickly depreciating 'asset', that is literally unseen/unknown to you.
GL, mD

Siruis 07-11-2012 12:56 PM

Hmm that is very true, the dealership should have some in i think in the next few months. I would have rather ordered it sooner then later. I plan to test the X3 on friday with the new engine which should drive me similar.

adgrant 07-11-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siruis (Post 6945795)
Hmm that is very true, the dealership should have some in i think in the next few months. I would have rather ordered it sooner then later. I plan to test the X3 on friday with the new engine which should drive me similar.

Not sure if it will be that similar. The X3 is a small SUV, the X1 is more of a station wagon that looks like an SUV. It is based on the old 3 series wagon.

bimmerized 07-12-2012 02:30 AM

I'm sure it will drive better than the X3 since it's smaller, lighter, and lower to the ground.

My prediction is that you will start seeing them at the dealers in early Sept. Think small and you will be pleasantly surprised, but if you are thinking X3 size, prepare for disappointment.