Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   The TOMAR departed. . . (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632963)

rdle_F30 07-13-2012 03:37 PM

The TOMAR departed. . .
 
The TOMAR left the dock to start the journey to Port Hueneme. My vehicle was completed July 4th and it was awaiting shipping. I'm hoping it made it on the Tomar. Anybody else have a vehicle on the Tomar?

boltjaM3s 07-13-2012 04:23 PM

If my damn SM would return a phone call or an email perhaps I'd know.

BJ

voip-ninja 07-13-2012 04:27 PM

Mine was completed on July 7th and should have been on the Tomar if it made this shipment as all of my dealers cars come in to CA. Unfortunately I am still "in port awaiting shipping vessel".

Looks like Mignon is the next ship out going through the Panama Canal and it won't go out till July 30th. Ouch.

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

rdle_F30 07-13-2012 05:14 PM

Yep, I knew about the Mignon but I'm still optimistic my vehicle is on the Tomar. The VIN search comes up negative. My sales adviser says they 'should' know next week if it made it on the Tomar.

328i4me 07-13-2012 05:50 PM

Yup! My car was completed on Monday and hopefully it made its way on the Tomar.

AndDown 07-13-2012 05:58 PM

Mine was released to the carrier on July 7 and was at the port of exit on July 10 waiting for shipment. Hopefully it got on board since the Tomar didn't arrive until July 12. 800 number still says waiting for a ship, no shipping info available. Jon, if you are reading this, could you shed any light on whether we made it on board, since you also have your "baby" in this group?

Thanks, Jon ...we're like a bunch of anxious expectant fathers!!!

Jon Shafer 07-13-2012 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndDown (Post 6950429)
Mine was released to the carrier on July 7 and was at the port of exit on July 10 waiting for shipment. Hopefully it got on board since the Tomar didn't arrive until July 12. 800 number still says waiting for a ship, no shipping info available. Jon, if you are reading this, could you shed any light on whether we made it on board, since you also have your "baby" in this group?

Thanks, Jon ...we're like a bunch of anxious expectant fathers!!!

Too soon to tell. Perhaps manana.. See attached.

AndDown 07-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 6950695)
Too soon to tell. Perhaps manana.. See attached.

Thanks, Jon! Hope we get to bring the baby home before you leave for Bimmerfest East!

Maņana it will have to be...

Jon Shafer 07-13-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndDown (Post 6950843)
Thanks, Jon! Hope we get to bring the baby home before you leave for Bimmerfest East!

Maņana it will have to be...

I couldn't agree more!


I will keep you posted. Literally... :)

White05X3 07-14-2012 07:21 AM

Yup! My car was loaded on the Tomar! ED pick-up on June 25, dropped-off in Paris on June 29. Very excited to get it home!

rdle_F30 07-14-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White05X3 (Post 6951254)
Yup! My car was loaded on the Tomar! ED pick-up on June 25, dropped-off in Paris on June 29. Very excited to get it home!

Great news for you. I hope they had enough room for some MY 2013 cars too.

NewToCarBuying 07-14-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltjaM3s (Post 6950275)
If my damn SM would return a phone call or an email perhaps I'd know.

BJ

Lol you probably gave them a painful time

AndDown 07-14-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White05X3 (Post 6951254)
Yup! My car was loaded on the Tomar! ED pick-up on June 25, dropped-off in Paris on June 29. Very excited to get it home!

How, where were you able to obtain this info? I'm going to this site and entering my vin but it states no info available: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Hope it made it on board or it's an extra longer two weeks! :cry:

voip-ninja 07-14-2012 02:02 PM

Well, as sad as it is the most likely reason is that your car is not on the ship, but his is, he probably got confirmation with his VIN.

AndDown 07-15-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voip-ninja (Post 6951766)
Well, as sad as it is the most likely reason is that your car is not on the ship, but his is, he probably got confirmation with his VIN.

Are you still at Bremerhaven waiting for a ship? Looks like I'm also in the same boat, so to speak :bigpimp:

voip-ninja 07-15-2012 08:31 PM

Yep. It sucks. 2-3 weeks from arrival in port to customer delivery is not uncommon for colorado customers so it looks like September for me.

kimluk 07-15-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White05X3 (Post 6951254)
Yup! My car was loaded on the Tomar! ED pick-up on June 25, dropped-off in Paris on June 29. Very excited to get it home!

Hi White05x3,

Can you tell us how did you get the confirmation.

Thank,

Kim

White05X3 07-16-2012 08:49 AM

I went to the 2wglobal web site and entered my VIN in the cargo ID box. That reported the car was loaded on the ship.

Prior to that I emailed the location at which I dropped the car off to get confirmation that the car left the depot. I got a response that it was on a truck en route to the port. I then emailed back and requested the car be booked on the Tomar as it was the next ship out. They replied that the car was booked there. As soon as the car arrived at the port, it began to appear on the 2Wglobal site as having arrived. Before that when I searched I got a red message saying there was no information.

Unfortunately I suspect if people are not finding their cars on the site, it means the car has not arrived in port yet. I know how frustrating this wait can be and truly wish you all a very speedy redelivery.

voip-ninja 07-16-2012 09:35 AM

My car has shown at the port awaiting a shipping vessel since July 10th, but unfortunately missed the Tomar.

voip-ninja 07-16-2012 10:12 AM

//update. Tomar manifest just got loaded and it looks like my car is on it. happy happy joy joy.

AndDown 07-16-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voip-ninja (Post 6954434)
//update. Tomar manifest just got loaded and it looks like my car is on it. happy happy joy joy.

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

kimluk 07-16-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White05X3 (Post 6954253)
I went to the 2wglobal web site and entered my VIN in the cargo ID box. That reported the car was loaded on the ship.

Prior to that I emailed the location at which I dropped the car off to get confirmation that the car left the depot. I got a response that it was on a truck en route to the port. I then emailed back and requested the car be booked on the Tomar as it was the next ship out. They replied that the car was booked there. As soon as the car arrived at the port, it began to appear on the 2Wglobal site as having arrived. Before that when I searched I got a red message saying there was no information.

Unfortunately I suspect if people are not finding their cars on the site, it means the car has not arrived in port yet. I know how frustrating this wait can be and truly wish you all a very speedy redelivery.

Thank for your reply. My car made it. We are on the same boat. :beerchug:

rdle_F30 07-16-2012 12:16 PM

Morning Update//
 
Mine made it on the Tomar too. It just showed up on the shipping site manifest a couple of hours ago. And my CA emailed me.

328i4me 07-16-2012 02:14 PM

I was also able to make it on the Tomar too!! :supdude:

kimluk 07-16-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 328i4me (Post 6954950)
I was also able to make it on the Tomar too!! :supdude:

My 328i is almost the same as yours.
ZMM M-Sport Line
B45 Estiril Blue
LCDF Beige Leather
ZLP Light Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
494 Heated Front Seats
ZMT Manual Transmission

Yours will be the first EB II 328i in NoCAL and mine will be the first in SoCAL.:beerchug:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms