Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Center Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   PCD Mid August (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632994)

aherman535 07-13-2012 07:45 PM

PCD Mid August

Hi,

My ED 535i is supposed to be in Brunswick on 7/30. Assuming a week in customs and VPC, then is PCD delivery possible 2nd or 3rd week of August? As this is an ED redelivery and I have multiple BMW's, I don't need the auto briefing. Do I need to tell my CA that?Also, I can pretty flexible about the day. Coming down from Greensboro, NC

I realize nothing can go on the calendar until car is out of VPC, just trying to get an idea. How busy is the schedule for Mid August?

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew

Wine-O 07-14-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aherman535 (Post 6950517)
Hi,

My ED 535i is supposed to be in Brunswick on 7/30. Assuming a week in customs and VPC, then is PCD delivery possible 2nd or 3rd week of August? As this is an ED redelivery and I have multiple BMW's, I don't need the auto briefing. Do I need to tell my CA that?Also, I can pretty flexible about the day. Coming down from Greensboro, NC

I realize nothing can go on the calendar until car is out of VPC, just trying to get an idea. How busy is the schedule for Mid August?

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew

The Performance center will send you an information packet once you are scheduled. That's when you tell them that you want to take redelivery after lunch/hot laps. They just assisted in setting up my satellite radio, then we were on our way.

JimD1 07-14-2012 08:10 AM

I would er on the side of over communication. Things I told the dealer and I saw them write down did not make it to the Performance Center. But I think they assume a minimal delivery experience when you've done ED. Willie, my delivery person, was a wiz at setting the preferences, however. If you do not have everything set (radio, seat position, door locking etc..) I would spend a few minutes with the delivery person and save yourself some time later.

Jim

laser 07-14-2012 01:21 PM

Brace yourself.

My ED arrived Brunswick 8/30 ........ earliest re-delivery was 10/7.

Hopefully you will do better than that.

Yes they know you were oriented to the car at the Welt and won't redo the car orientation.

laser 07-14-2012 01:22 PM

Brace yourself.

My ED arrived Brunswick 8/30 ........ earliest re-delivery was 10/7.

Hopefully you will do better than that!

Yes they know you were oriented to the car at the Welt and won't redo the car orientation.

aherman535 07-14-2012 01:31 PM

Ouch - October??

Thanks all,

Andrew

Wine-O 07-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aherman535 (Post 6951649)
Ouch - October??

Thanks all,

Andrew

My PCD was 7 weeks to the day from when we dropped off at the Munich airport.

aherman535 07-14-2012 09:01 PM

If 7 weeks from drop off in AMS, then third week of Aug. That wouldn't be too bad. Let's hope for the best.

stevec32 07-16-2012 09:59 AM

Mine was 10 weeks from euro dropoff

I dropped my car off on 5/24 in Frankfurt. My car got to brunswick on 6/22 thru customs pretty quick but it took a while at the VPC could not get schedued at the PCD until 8/1.
I can't wait
That's my story.

Steve