Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   2013 BMW X5 Sport Activity - Paddle Shifter standard? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633688)

grilodan 07-17-2012 02:02 PM

2013 BMW X5 Sport Activity - Paddle Shifter standard?
 
Hey guys,

trying to confirm something here. The picture of the dash on BMWUSA.com for a Sport Activity shows paddles as standard now. Can anyone confirm that is really the case?

The description says "3 spoke sport steering wheel with controls for cruise control, bluetooth and audio systems". Nothing about paddles. But it's right there on the picture.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
Dan.:thumbup:

Kar Don 07-17-2012 02:28 PM

Cancel it and order the diesel... NOW! :)

grilodan 07-17-2012 02:36 PM

nah man ... drove the Diesel and, no offense, didn't like the engine noise at 60-80mph, which is 80% of the driving I do. The 2 Diesels I drove had a constant drone/rumble that never left the cabin and that just pissed me off.

Plus, I like the paddles (if that's really true) and the exhaust sound of the 35i.

Kar Don 07-17-2012 02:40 PM

well when you post about throttle delay on your 35i....

grilodan 07-17-2012 02:41 PM

we'll see ... i'll let you guys know.

disden 07-17-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar Don (Post 6957137)
well when you post about throttle delay on your 35i....

As I have said before, I never noticed the throttle delay on my 2012 X5 35 sport; when my 2013 arrives I will re-assess. I don't quite understand why everyone with X5 D's are such snobs. Just perpetuating the BMW owner stereotype.

disden 07-17-2012 05:21 PM

Oh yeah, on my build order for x5 sport it lists the steering wheel as M Sports wheel with paddles.

Kar Don 07-17-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disden (Post 6957376)
As I have said before, I never noticed the throttle delay on my 2012 X5 35 sport; when my 2013 arrives I will re-assess. I don't quite understand why everyone with X5 D's are such snobs. Just perpetuating the BMW owner stereotype.

Snob? I had an X5 35i for the weekend and owned a 2011 535i both had the throttle delay. Was really annoying to drive. It's a fact, how is that being a snob? X3 has the same issue.

X5FX 07-17-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar Don (Post 6957137)
well when you post about throttle delay on your 35i....

No throttle delay on 2013 model.

chrisc151 07-17-2012 09:17 PM

2013 35i Sport Activity does come with the paddle shifters.

Kar Don 07-18-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5FX (Post 6957681)
No throttle delay on 2013 model.

I haven't driven one but I hope it's true. People also told me it was fixed for 2012 but it was still there.

grilodan 07-18-2012 09:20 AM

The diesel guys talk and talk, but honestly I noticed throttle LAG and a significant amount of it when accelerating. This is something the 35i doesn't really have (neither does my F10).

Throttle tip-in delay, though, and the jerkiness, that's something I did not notice on the 35i or the 35d ... but definitely on the F10 i'm dumping.

Kar Don 07-18-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilodan (Post 6958522)
The diesel guys talk and talk, but honestly I noticed throttle LAG and a significant amount of it when accelerating. This is something the 35i doesn't really have (neither does my F10).

Throttle tip-in delay, though, and the jerkiness, that's something I did not notice on the 35i or the 35d ... but definitely on the F10 i'm dumping.

It's a turbo it will lag, 35i lags as well. Bottom line you're getting a car you will be happy with so thats a good thing! :)

ND40oz 07-18-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5FX (Post 6957681)
No throttle delay on 2013 model.

Wish I could say that was true for me. Happens to me whenever you're slowing down and go to press the gas again, wait one second it'll finally downshift and decide to move. Really wish they just had a manual transmission option.

Kar Don 07-18-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND40oz (Post 6958976)
Wish I could say that was true for me. Happens to me whenever you're slowing down and go to press the gas again, wait one second it'll finally downshift and decide to move. Really wish they just had a manual transmission option.

I figured the 2013 still had it since 2013 production started months ago... Issue is with the BMW 8 spd software

X5FX 07-18-2012 08:34 PM

maybe I have the lucky X5, but at most I have a millisecond of delay...but its so insignificant compared to my previous X5, which had major lag...so much I hated driving it. My 2013 is a total pleasure to drive.

Do you guys have the latest software?

lammphil 07-23-2012 07:38 AM

Turbo lag is not responsible for the lag you're experiencing in the E70 X5. It has to do with the computer taking time to decide how far the accellerator is being pushed and then downshift the new 8-speed so the gerbals are working in their performance band. If your using the "D" setting, this takes roughly 1 1/2 seconds -- slightly less when in "DS". I've had the latest control software installed in my 2011 xDrive35i with no improvement. If they've fixed this in the 2013, more power to you!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms