Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Can't decide color for a 650i GC (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634704)

PonyBMW 07-22-2012 02:00 PM

Can't decide color for a 650i GC

I've currenty decided for alpine white with amaro brown individual interior with M sports package but I also like the moonstone metallic and the platinum interior or just moonstone with the amaro brown interior what do you bimmerfans suggest?

Stealth.Pilot 07-22-2012 02:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PonyBMW (Post 6966025)
I've currenty decided for alpine white with amaro brown individual interior with M sports package but I also like the moonstone metallic and the platinum interior or just moonstone with the amaro brown interior what do you bimmerfans suggest?

I like Opal White/Amaro Brown (the combination in the original release photos$ or Opal White/Black (see attached).

Stealth.Pilot 07-22-2012 02:14 PM

I also think Moonstone is nicer than Alpine.

I would do moonstone/Opal-Amaro
Or Alpine and Opal-Black given your tastes.

My personal choice would be Tanzanite Blue, OpalWhite-Black

PonyBMW 07-22-2012 02:35 PM

I've just saw the pics and gone through BMW's configurator tool and thinking of the moonstone with opal black I really like light interior colors my CLS is the launch edition and is steel grey and porcelain black interior and looks pretty nice the one I love was the mineral white but it is not available with the M package wow it is hard to make a decision with so many good looking colors and obviously the car it is awesome!!

xDrive McGee 07-22-2012 05:29 PM

I am very very partial to the Canyon Brown. Platinum is probably my second fave, though it would really warrant a darker exterior color with that one.

640GC 07-23-2012 12:03 AM

We ordered Opal/Amaro and switched to Amaro/Black as we're afraid of the light color getting dirty really easily. Doesn't that bother anyone else?

WhyGeeGee 07-23-2012 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would go with Moonstone and champagne interior like this picture:

southern6er22 07-23-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharding (Post 6966744)
We ordered Opal/Amaro and switched to Amaro/Black as we're afraid of the light color getting dirty really easily. Doesn't that bother anyone else?

I forget, did you decide to stick with the Amaro/Black or Opal with the leather protection package? Can't go wrong with either one. Anything Individual is stunning.

Edit - Did you get the wood inlay steering wheel? I definitely would. You lose the heated function, if I remember correctly, but I think it is a nice complement to the rest of the Individual interior. The M Sport steering wheel would be my first choice, but that only comes with the M Sport Package. The reason I commented on this is because of the noticeable difference I felt when I went directly from driving my car to the non-M convertible at the PC. I thought the M Sport wheel was just aesthetic, but it felt a lot thicker and nicer. I would, however, be willing to give that up to have the Individual wheel that complements the rest of the interior. Not a big deal, but a minor thing that I think is more noticeable than you might think. I'm not sure why the wood inlay wheel isn't standard with the Individual interior - guess it is just BMW being cheap again... :(

Stealth.Pilot 07-23-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

No. I have a guy who does a great job cleaning my car.

Sometimes I clean the leather myself. It's not hard. Check out the leather masters website. The foaming cleaner is really easy to do once a month. Spray on wipe off.

http://shop.unitersna.com/collections/leather-master?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=lm&utm_content=leather&utm_campaign=b-lm

southern6er22 07-23-2012 07:12 AM

My leather care regimen is detailed on my blog. It takes a little time, but it is very effective and only has to be done a couple of times a year.

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/20...or-cattle.html

xDrive McGee 07-23-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

The slightly inane worry of soiling light colored leather (partly caused by experience and partly by OCD) is the #1 reason why I go darker. Fortunately BMW has some awesome colors to choose from that aren't black so it's not a character flaw per se!

PonyBMW 07-24-2012 12:53 PM

I think I am going Moonstone with the M package and opal/black interior and piano black and ceramic controls and the "20 wheels

About cleaning it I don't have trouble I own a car detailing so I believe I won't have trouble at all

Thanks for all the help and posting pics
I will postas soon as I got my car three months from now

WhyGeeGee 07-25-2012 12:10 AM

Gratz on your car and I can't wait to see thoes pictures :thumbup:

Ace535i 07-30-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PonyBMW (Post 6966025)

Have you seem the metallic mineral white?

Very nice!!

kjboyd 07-31-2012 01:05 AM

Hell get the frozen!

640GC 07-31-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 6966952)
I forget, did you decide to stick with the Amaro/Black or Opal with the leather protection package? Can't go wrong with either one. Anything Individual is stunning.

Edit - Did you get the wood inlay steering wheel? I definitely would. You lose the heated function, if I remember correctly, but I think it is a nice complement to the rest of the Individual interior. The M Sport steering wheel would be my first choice, but that only comes with the M Sport Package. The reason I commented on this is because of the noticeable difference I felt when I went directly from driving my car to the non-M convertible at the PC. I thought the M Sport wheel was just aesthetic, but it felt a lot thicker and nicer. I would, however, be willing to give that up to have the Individual wheel that complements the rest of the interior. Not a big deal, but a minor thing that I think is more noticeable than you might think. I'm not sure why the wood inlay wheel isn't standard with the Individual interior - guess it is just BMW being cheap again... :(

Went to a dealer in South Florida who had an Alpine White 640GC in stock. In my opinion, it did not stand out at all. It just blended in. So I think your choice of Moonstone over Alpine White is a good one.

On our 640GC, we went with the Amaro/Black. Wife likes Amaro either way. Started with Opal/Amaro but didn't want the hassle of keeping the leather clean.

I saw Canyon Brown in person on a vert at the dealership and I like it the best. I wouldn't pick it from build your own or from pictures, but I would pick it based on seeing it in person. The vert had it's top down and the Canyon Brown was a really nice color. Wife thinks it's too dark and she's happy with Amaro.

We have the M package with the M heated steering wheel. Wife really likes the heated steering wheel over having the non heated wood steering wheel. M comes with the Carbon Black that we ordered. It's a spectacular color. I love the way it looks black, but then has a blue hue when in sunlight. The more light the more blue, the less light the more black.

southern6er22 08-01-2012 07:59 PM

The M Sport wheel is much nicer than normal/Individual wheel. It is much thicker and feels more substantial - definitely not a purely aesthetic option.