Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Got a new Gran Coupe (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636253)

Caine 07-30-2012 01:30 PM

Got a new Gran Coupe
 
I just picked up my 2013 640i Gran Coupe around a week ago, fully loaded with a Moonstone Metallic Exterior, Opal White Leather, and Dark Red Sycamore Wood trim. Does anyone else have a Gran Coupe on here yet? I like it, but I think I'm going to trade up to a 650i xDrive when it comes out or a 750Li xDrive.

Baquir 07-30-2012 01:36 PM

Congrats. I have actually been eying the 640i as its definitely a looker. Just got me a 2012 F10 so I am stuck with it for a few years (love it though).
Please post pictures of inside/outside :)

Caine 07-30-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baquir (Post 6980936)
Congrats. I have actually been eying the 640i as its definitely a looker. Just got me a 2012 F10 so I am stuck with it for a few years (love it though).
Please post pictures of inside/outside :)

I don't have any pics of my own yet, the dealer might have his pics still up, want me to post those? I'll probably post some pics soon when I get a chance to take my SLR out.

Leslierc 07-30-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caine (Post 6980949)
I don't have any pics of my own yet, the dealer might have his pics still up, want me to post those? I'll probably post some pics soon when I get a chance to take my SLR out.

Congratulations on your GC! Just so you know, the rule around here is that it didn't happen without pictures.:). Interesting that you're already thinking about the 650 GC or the 7...why is that? You're one of the first, if not the first, around here to actually own the GC, so please post your impressions regarding the car.

Caine 07-30-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6981027)
Congratulations on your GC! Just so you know, the rule around here is that it didn't happen without pictures.:). Interesting that you're already thinking about the 650 GC or the 7...why is that? You're one of the first, if not the first, around here to actually own the GC, so please post your impressions regarding the car.

Well I traded my old Jaguar XF in for this car, and I was waiting for the 650i to come out , but my old Crapuar was having a ton of issues, decided to just trade it in. Then I saw the new 7 with the awesome headlights, I've always wanted a 7 and I figure I won't lose too much money if I trade this car in soon enough.

GirlLuvMyBMW640 07-30-2012 05:11 PM

Picked up mine yesterday.


Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa Leather
Gray Polar Wood Trim
Driver Assistance Package
M Sports Package
20" Double-Spoke Wheels (Style 375M) with performance no flat tires
Premium Sound Package
Active Cruise Control
Ceramic Controls
Instrument panel with leather finish
BMW Apps
Full Led Lights

Love it. Sold my E550 coupe to a friend. Love this car and I have only driven to work one day. Enjoy yours.

mlai 07-30-2012 09:21 PM

Lucky you! I am still waiting for mine:cry:

GirlLuvMyBMW640 07-30-2012 09:34 PM

I was lucky! It came in 3 weeks earlier then the dealer told me. Just showed up Friday. They didn't even expect it. They told me I am the first person in the area to get one. Love my new baby. Pretty surprised by how quick it is. Still learning all the iDrive stuff but its pretty intuitive. I will try and take some PICs. I just have an iPhone so hopefully they come out well. :thumbup:

640GC 07-31-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6981027)
Congratulations on your GC! Just so you know, the rule around here is that it didn't happen without pictures.:). Interesting that you're already thinking about the 650 GC or the 7...why is that? You're one of the first, if not the first, around here to actually own the GC, so please post your impressions regarding the car.

Drove a friends Panamera the other day while in South Florida. Absolutely loved the car. It's a drivers car. Loved his Yachting Blue (smoky blue) exterior with the Yachting Blue dash and light colored seats. Was really spectacular and driving it, I couldn't get the grin off of my face for hours.

Unfortunately, there is no Audi or Porsche dealer in Lubbock, TX, so they are not an option.

We pick up my wife's 640i GC in Munich on the 20th of Sept.

640GC 07-31-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caine (Post 6980949)
I don't have any pics of my own yet, the dealer might have his pics still up, want me to post those? I'll probably post some pics soon when I get a chance to take my SLR out.

Please post pictures!

GirlLuvMyBMW640 07-31-2012 05:41 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are some PICs taken with my iPhone in my Garage.

Giants84 07-31-2012 07:52 PM

Looks great, is that really Ivory white and not opal white?

Leslierc 08-01-2012 06:00 AM

Very nice! Are you perceiving any difference in power or torque going from a V8 to a V6? I ask only because I did when I was test driving the Pana4 coming from the 750ix, and the reason why I got the 4S. I guess I just like the power from the bigger engines.

GirlLuvMyBMW640 08-01-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giants84 (Post 6983810)
Looks great, is that really Ivory white and not opal white?

It's Ivory based on the window sticker info. That's all I have to go off :dunno:

GirlLuvMyBMW640 08-01-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6984301)
Very nice! Are you perceiving any difference in power or torque going from a V8 to a V6? I ask only because I did when I was test driving the Pana4 coming from the 750ix, and the reason why I got the 4S. I guess I just like the power from the bigger engines.

Actually I got it mostly because it was pretty and stylish. A Girl thing. My husband is the one that cares about POWER!!! Macho thing I guess. :tsk:

640GC 08-02-2012 09:44 AM

Wow, what a car! Beautiful. I understand about power, my wife's the same way. Wanted more cush for the tush and 6 cylinder was just fine.

Leslierc 08-02-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 (Post 6985814)
Actually I got it mostly because it was pretty and stylish. A Girl thing. My husband is the one that cares about POWER!!! Macho thing I guess. :tsk:

No doubt about the macho thing. Actually, I was speaking from the perspective of being accoustomed to a certain level of performance in a V8 powered car...which was what I thought you previously were driving...and wondering whether you perceived a difference in the 640 GC.

GirlLuvMyBMW640 08-02-2012 12:02 PM

I understand what you said the first time. So to satisfy your question. The answer is no because I probably didn't drive the E550 Coupe in a way to feel its potential power. Again I am a woman and for me that is not a priority. Better to look good than to go fast. Who is going have the time to check you out if your always going fast but the Police. Plus the extra I save on gas? Lets just say shoes are expensive. Enough said!!! ;)

Leslierc 08-02-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 (Post 6986996)
I understand what you said the first time. So to satisfy your question. The answer is no because I probably didn't drive the E550 Coupe in a way to feel its potential power. Again I am a woman and for me that is not a priority. Better to look good than to go fast. Who is going have the time to check you out if your always going fast but the Police. Plus the extra I save on gas? Lets just say shoes are expensive. Enough said!!! ;)

Thanks! Please forgive my persistence...this is a car forum after all. Your logic is impeccable. However, I must say that my wife has edged ahead of you...yes, shoes are very expensive and she's figured out how to make me pay for them! It must have something to do with how good she looks!:)

chrischeung 08-02-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 (Post 6983491)
Here are some PICs taken with my iPhone in my Garage.

Would you mind taking a better picture of the rear side shades fully extended? I'm wondering how much of the window they actually cover.

GirlLuvMyBMW640 08-03-2012 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6987201)
Thanks! Please forgive my persistence...this is a car forum after all. Your logic is impeccable. However, I must say that my wife has edged ahead of you...yes, shoes are very expensive and she's figured out how to make me pay for them! It must have something to do with how good she looks!:)

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude. I am kinda of new to these "forums" and don't respond that quickly. But I can see your wife and I have kinship for shoes. My husband thinks he's never bought a pair shoes directly for me in his life. He hates hates shopping even for himself. Good thing I love to so as a result he does look good when he cleans up. :thumbup:

Leslierc 08-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 (Post 6988879)
Sorry didn't mean to sound rude. I am kinda of new to these "forums" and don't respond that quickly. But I can see your wife and I have kinship for shoes. My husband thinks he's never bought a pair shoes directly for me in his life. He hates hates shopping even for himself. Good thing I love to so as a result he does look good when he cleans up. :thumbup:

Looking good...both of you! Enjoy that GC and keep us apprised!

GirlLuvMyBMW640 08-03-2012 07:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 6987224)
Would you mind taking a better picture of the rear side shades fully extended? I'm wondering how much of the window they actually cover.

Hope this helps… One from the outside one from the inside and another one I just put in because… well I was in the back seat so why not. Everybody likes PICs

Giants84 08-03-2012 07:57 PM

How do you like the ivory leather, ordered it on my x6 without seeing it in person. From the pictures it looks great though.

MonkeyCMonkeyDo 08-03-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlLuvMyBMW640 (Post 6988879)
Sorry didn't mean to sound rude. I am kinda of new to these "forums" and don't respond that quickly. But I can see your wife and I have kinship for shoes. My husband thinks he's never bought a pair shoes directly for me in his life. He hates hates shopping even for himself. Good thing I love to so as a result he does look good when he cleans up. :thumbup:

It may be a car forum and I may be a guy that loves cars but I love Herve Leger just as much. Beautiful dress. Is it wrong that I know that. ;)

I am buying a GC without a doubt in 3 years when my 335 lease is up. Beautiful car. Ur gonna love it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms