Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   DTM-Spec.net E46 Carbon Fiber Splitters (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636703)

Bmwsport325 08-01-2012 02:54 PM

DTM-Spec.net E46 Carbon Fiber Splitters

Has anyone purchased anything from this website before or had any problems getting in contact with the company? I purchased the E46 Mtech II carbon clubsport style splitters in April and just recently installed them about a month ago. I recently noticed that the carbon fiber is actually separating from the actual plastic moldings. I have emailed the company about a week ago but no response as of yet. Has anyone ordered this product or had similar results? Nothing for nothing but I feel that they should be better quality and definitely should last more than a month on the car for the price tag on them.

Any information is much appreciated.

-Steve

smolck 08-01-2012 03:04 PM

I'd be calling for sure. Never heard of any issues with DTM.

Bmwsport325 08-01-2012 03:06 PM

They do not have a phone # on the website. Do you happen to have one?

smolck 08-01-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwsport325 (Post 6985225)
They do not have a phone # on the website. Do you happen to have one?

No. On second look, seems they have had customer services issues in the past.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=765028

Bmwsport325 08-01-2012 03:14 PM

Much appreciated Smolck, I just posted in that thread so hopefully i get a response soon. Trying to see if I can either get replacement splitters or return them and purchase a whole front bumper carbon fiber splitter and pay the difference

smolck 08-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwsport325 (Post 6985244)
Much appreciated Smolck, I just posted in that thread so hopefully i get a response soon. Trying to see if I can either get replacement splitters or return them and purchase a whole front bumper carbon fiber splitter and pay the difference

For what you paid I'd be really pissed if they didn't let you do either of those. Let us know so if they don't we can let the whole world know.

Bmwsport325 08-05-2012 12:44 PM

Still have not heard back from DTM...does anyone have a suggestion or a way to go about contacting them about the defective splitters?

smolck 08-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwsport325 (Post 6992176)
Still have not heard back from DTM...does anyone have a suggestion or a way to go about contacting them about the defective splitters?

Plaster a HUGE thread on fanatics with a title like "DTM Tuning Sucks!!!". I bet they get back to you faster. They have an account over there and will likely see it faster. But hey, I have NO patience for crappy customer service. :mad:

Bmwsport325 08-06-2012 07:28 PM

I have had no other option but to file a dispute with paypal. It has been aggravating trying to get a hold of DTM-Spec and I feel like I have had more than enough patience with this issue. I have tried multiple times to email them and I have even posted on this website in order to contact the individuals. After multiple attempts with failure I have decided to escalate this to paypal. I would highly suggest thinking twice before purchasing products from this company.

Fast Bob 08-06-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwsport325 (Post 6994732)
I have had no other option but to file a dispute with paypal. It has been aggravating trying to get a hold of DTM-Spec and I feel like I have had more than enough patience with this issue. I have tried multiple times to email them and I have even posted on this website in order to contact the individuals. After multiple attempts with failure I have decided to escalate this to paypal. I would highly suggest thinking twice before purchasing products from this company.

PayPal has a 45-day window to file any disputes, so I believe you`re screwed there. You might have better luck by appealing to whatever credit card you use to fund your PP acount.

Bmwsport325 08-07-2012 03:49 PM

Yeah I just noticed the 45 day window. The only problem is for whatever reason when I set up paypal I did not link my AMEX or capital one credit card to it, it pulls straight from my checking account from my bank....:cry:

smolck 08-07-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwsport325 (Post 6996487)
Yeah I just noticed the 45 day window. The only problem is for whatever reason when I set up paypal I did not link my AMEX or capital one credit card to it, it pulls straight from my checking account from my bank....:cry:

That is how I do it also, your bank should be willing to protect you.