Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Clarion Install (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637353)

maxeaus 08-05-2012 05:23 AM

Clarion Install
 
3 Attachment(s)
Around 1 month ago i was doing research on getting a AUX input cable installed into my 2006 X3, in the end after being screwed around by several people with quotes it became apparent that i may as well ditch the original BMW business stereo and get something with all the features my car lacked as standard which is MP3 (wireless) parrot bluetooth and a stereo with a decent equaliser options, aux cable for IPhone and phone recharger, wires are in the glove box.

Best thing I've done in a long time and it all works seamlessly with my phone, only issue i have is that the radio doesn't tune quite as well as the old business unit IMO but now i mostly listen to stored music on my phone.

This is a Clarion CZ702A for those who care about such things.:)

codog2 08-05-2012 10:32 AM

did you do this yourself or pay someone? Do the steering wheel buttons still work? And did you have to bypass the factory amp and bluetooth module?

Also - do the subwoofers and the seats still work? How is the sound compared to factory?

maxeaus 08-05-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codog2 (Post 6991923)
did you do this yourself or pay someone? Do the steering wheel buttons still work? And did you have to bypass the factory amp and bluetooth module?

Also - do the subwoofers and the seats still work? How is the sound compared to factory?

OK, no i had it installed by the audio shop i bought it from, im an electronic retard with these things. :confused:

The steering wheel buttons don't work even though this system is apparently remote ready for steering wheels, apparently i need a separate part to make this operable, i may update this down the track.

I don't know about bypassing amps etc but yes the under seat speakers work and IMO the sound is very good especially as MP3 files the quality is superb IMHO, but im not convinced the radio is as good as before with the reception.:thumbdwn:

My bluetooth was never activated on the car so its not an issue.

Evlengr 08-05-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxeaus (Post 6992576)
OK, no i had it installed by the audio shop i bought it from, im an electronic retard with these things. :confused:

The steering wheel buttons don't work even though this system is apparently remote ready for steering wheels, apparently i need a separate part to make this operable, i may update this down the track.

I don't know about bypassing amps etc but yes the under seat speakers work and IMO the sound is very good especially as MP3 files the quality is superb IMHO, but im not convinced the radio is as good as before with the reception.:thumbdwn:

My bluetooth was never activated on the car so its not an issue.

The part costs all of $70 and any shop could connect this (steering- crutchfield.com has them and so does sonicelectronix.com- made by JVC). If the reception is down they did not use the proper adapter and are not getting full tuning.

maxeaus 08-06-2012 01:16 AM

I am actually suspicious about the correct aerial adapter and may well go back and quiz them about it.

Yes they had no steering wheel part available at the time, im not even sure how you find the BMW/Clarion one that will fit, I found this on eBay though, not sure if its what i need, http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLARION-Stal...item5d3482ee69

My question is how do you know if they have used the proper adapter? Its not something a pleb like me will know.

Evlengr 08-07-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxeaus (Post 6993072)
I am actually suspicious about the correct aerial adapter and may well go back and quiz them about it.

Yes they had no steering wheel part available at the time, im not even sure how you find the BMW/Clarion one that will fit, I found this on eBay though, not sure if its what i need, http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLARION-Stal...item5d3482ee69

My question is how do you know if they have used the proper adapter? Its not something a pleb like me will know.

Only way to truly know is to look. I might have a spare one. If i do i will take a picture and post. The JVC is pretty much a universal for the steering wheel. My stereo is an Alpine.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms