Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   New car (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637404)

UNCLE ALBEE 08-05-2012 11:05 AM

New car
 
Hello,
This is my first day on this Forum, just thought I'd say hello! I presently own a 2012 650i XDrive, two weeks ago I put in my order for a 2013 Alpina B7, they tell me it's about a ten to twelve week ordeal from order to delivery, I wish it was here already! I was like a kid with a new toy waiting for my 650, checking everyday on MY BMW! Heck, I'm a kid at heart even though I'm old. My sales person said nothing would probably show on MY BMW for a few weeks but I still check every day! It shows nothing but when I call it says order entered, waiting for production with no specific production date! :cry:

mjrbimmer335i 08-05-2012 12:14 PM

Welcome! There's nothing wrong with being that excited especially when you're spending that much! Congratulations and I'd love to see a few pictures when it finally arrives!

UNCLE ALBEE 08-05-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjrbimmer335i (Post 6992139)
Welcome! There's nothing wrong with being that excited especially when you're spending that much! Congratulations and I'd love to see a few pictures when it finally arrives!

When it arrives in a couple three months I'll attach! Thanks :rofl:

RGSM 08-05-2012 07:35 PM

Congrats!
What colors did you order?

UNCLE ALBEE 08-06-2012 06:35 AM

Car color
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RGSM (Post 6992767)
Congrats!
What colors did you order?


I ordered the Alpina Blue with the Saddle / Black Interior, can't wait! :rofl:

Leslierc 08-06-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCLE ALBEE (Post 6993255)
I ordered the Alpina Blue with the Saddle / Black Interior, can't wait! :rofl:

Sounds like it will be a stunner! Congratulations...the end result will be worth the wait! Personally, I find this kind of anticipation to be a lot of fun.

UNCLE ALBEE 08-06-2012 09:43 AM

New car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6993396)
Sounds like it will be a stunner! Congratulations...the end result will be worth the wait! Personally, I find this kind of anticipation to be a lot of fun.

Just contacted the dealer, she told me my car is scheduled on the assembly line the week of September 3rd. Then off to Alpina for another 10 to 14 days, then shipping and trucking another 10 to 14 days. It looks to me I'll be driving my new buggy by mid October? When you hear scheduling dates it tends to make life a little easier because you have a date circled on the calender! :)

Db750 08-08-2012 07:39 AM

You have excellent taste in cars and color combinations. Congrats.

Can't wait to see pictures.

UNCLE ALBEE 08-08-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Db750 (Post 6997686)
You have excellent taste in cars and color combinations. Congrats.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Thank you neighbor! When I was working I used to visit Lexington several times a year, beautiful country! I can't wait to take those photos unfortunely it won't be till mid October! :cry:

Db750 08-08-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCLE ALBEE (Post 6997714)
Thank you neighbor! When I was working I used to visit Lexington several times a year, beautiful country! I can't wait to take those photos unfortunely it won't be till mid October! :cry:

Didn't see you were from Nashville! My fiancÚ and I were down there a few months back for the Eric Church concert. We had a wonderful time; loved the city and had some of the best barbecue at Jacks (had it for dinner Friday and lunch Saturday)! We look forward to returning, but unfortunately have both been too busy with work.

UNCLE ALBEE 08-08-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Db750 (Post 6998865)
Didn't see you were from Nashville! My fiancÚ and I were down there a few months back for the Eric Church concert. We had a wonderful time; loved the city and had some of the best barbecue at Jacks (had it for dinner Friday and lunch Saturday)! We look forward to returning, but unfortunately have both been too busy with work.

We own a bar at the South end of Nashville in Lenox Village, if you come down look us up :THE OTHER PLACE SPORTS BAR & GRILL", I'll buy you a drink or two! I created the menu and cook some, good food!

sdadept 08-10-2012 08:41 PM

welcome! I got a new 7 this year too. It's exciting to get a car this nice. Grats on getting a b7 as well. I like the more sedate look of the regular 7 but envy the power of the alpina.

PREDATOR 007 08-11-2012 05:58 AM

Great color choice! Can't wait to see the pic's. As you can see from my avatar, I like the blue....

UNCLE ALBEE 08-28-2012 01:30 PM

New car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard109 (Post 7003912)
Great color choice! Can't wait to see the pic's. As you can see from my avatar, I like the blue....

The dealer sent me an e-mail yesterday and said the car is being produced early. It originally had a production week of (Week 36, first week of September) She then gave me my VIN number. I called the 800 number and the message changed. It now states: Vehicle in production with a completion date of September 4, 2012. I'll assume that's when they'll send to Alpina for the two week tour of duty at their facility? If it doesn't sit in the shipping yard too long I'm thinking I'll be driving my new hot rod by mid-October? I'm getting excited now! :rofl:

UNCLE ALBEE 09-06-2012 01:37 PM

New car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 6993396)
Sounds like it will be a stunner! Congratulations...the end result will be worth the wait! Personally, I find this kind of anticipation to be a lot of fun.

Hi,
My wait is getting shorter, ordered July 27th, car came off the line Sept.4th on it's way to Alpina, about 80 miles away. I'm told they take about two weeks (it appears they only work 36 hours a week) then off to the port up North. I'm hoping I'll have it in five weeks! :thumbup:

UNCLE ALBEE 10-13-2012 09:08 AM

Frustrated
 
I'm back,
When I ordered my 2012 650i "MY BMW" worked wonderful, keeping me updated on a regular basis! Not sure if the Alpina has something to do with it or not but this time it Sucks! Tried to use it, enter VIN it kicks me out, BMW Customer Service is clueless? The 800 Number has been moving forward then backpeddling? So, here is what I know: Car Ordered 8/27, Car Assembled @ Dingolfing 9/03 (sat in lot at Dingolfing for 17 days?). Delivered to Alpina Bushloe, they had it for 15 days, shipped back to Dingolfing. Sat at Dingolfing for a couple days before shipping to Bremerhaven Port, awaiting vessel. It appears the next possible vessels heading this way are W&W "Turandot" leaving Bremerhaven 10/17, arriving in Brunswick 11/05. Another is
K-Line "Florida Highway" leaving Bremerhaven 10/17, arriving in Brunswick 10/31. Does anyone on this forum know which shipping lines BMW uses?
AL :cry:

ChrisF01 10-13-2012 04:09 PM

How the heck can BMW not know where a 150k car is at?!?

If I were you I'd be calling and going as far to the top of BMW NA till I got a straight answer.

UNCLE ALBEE 10-13-2012 05:25 PM

New car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisF02 (Post 7132209)
How the heck can BMW not know where a 150k car is at?!?

If I were you I'd be calling and going as far to the top of BMW NA till I got a straight answer.

I worked for a worldwide company and had dealings in Germany, it worked a whole lot better then BMW! I did make calls that's how I finally found out what was happening. As with my new Vette, which was held for two weeks in Bowling Green (Quality assurance checks), I'll assume BMW did the same? You pose a very serious question for BMW!:thumbdwn:

LovinM6 10-14-2012 08:32 AM

When I ordered my BMW Neiman Marcus M6 they actually lost my car for over a month and did not know where it was. It was quite an amazing experience as they finally found it being stored somewhere it shouldn't have been. It was then shipped from Germany and finally arrived around 6 weeks late.

I know it is hard to believe but it happened to me. The only way I got anyone to do anything was because it was a special Neiman Marcus M6 and there was a special number for this car that put you into special operators in New Jersey.

If I hadn't had that number it might still be missing. :rofl:

UNCLE ALBEE 10-14-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinM6 (Post 7133192)
When I ordered my BMW Neiman Marcus M6 they actually lost my car for over a month and did not know where it was. It was quite an amazing experience as they finally found it being stored somewhere it shouldn't have been. It was then shipped from Germany and finally arrived around 6 weeks late.

I know it is hard to believe but it happened to me. The only way I got anyone to do anything was because it was a special Neiman Marcus M6 and there was a special number for this car that put you into special operators in New Jersey.

If I hadn't had that number it might still be missing. :rofl:

Nice car! Sorry to hear you had trouble also. If anyone from BMW reads this take note: WAKE UP!

UNCLE ALBEE 10-21-2012 02:21 PM

New car coming
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCLE ALBEE (Post 7133450)
Nice car! Sorry to hear you had trouble also. If anyone from BMW reads this take note: WAKE UP!

Well! Just got the word, my new Alpina in on the Florida Highway due to make port in Brunswick, GA, 10/31. Once they get the car they will tint the windows, I should be driving my HOT ROD LIMO about 11/7? :rofl:

LovinM6 10-21-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCLE ALBEE (Post 7148768)
Well! Just got the word, my new Alpina in on the Florida Highway due to make port in Brunswick, GA, 10/31. Once they get the car they will tint the windows, I should be driving my HOT ROD LIMO about 11/7? :rofl:

Glad you have your resolution! Don't forget the pictures.

UNCLE ALBEE 10-21-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinM6 (Post 7148771)
Glad you have your resolution! Don't forget the pictures.

I will! Is there a thread on how to attach photos?

jdefg2000 10-21-2012 07:36 PM

LOL are you now tracking your boat twice a day/everyday?!....went through that experience back in Feb of this year.....but you are almost there, at least you didnt have to ship to the west coast....

kath00 10-21-2012 08:21 PM

This is a great thread for me. Just ordered my 750i today and the wait is absolutely killing me. So it took you 3 months to get your car? YIYEKS! I really want mine in 2012! AAAAH :confused:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms