Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Do I dare trade my c6 z06 in for an m3 coupe? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638675)

6spdg37s 08-11-2012 06:11 AM

Do I dare trade my c6 z06 in for an m3 coupe?
 
The thought has crossed my mind...

I love my z06 to death... I put about 2k in work into it and it is a beast. I run 11 at the track all day. It only has 13k miles on it... and I love it more than any car Ive ever had. Ive also had it for 2 years and 6 months making it last 2 years 3 months longer than any other car ive owned.

I am itching for an M3.. I could technically keep the z06 and get the M3 but with the unstable economy and job market if I were to end up unemployed one of the 2 could potentially be getting repod...

decisions decisions...

also side note .. are people now ordering the f30 m3 coupe?

my 08 z06 black on black
-corsa exhaust

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_0220.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0210-1.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_0236.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_0261.jpg

some of my time slips car 7656

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...62313387_n.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...ackz06/113.jpg

SunnyandRich 08-11-2012 07:06 AM

There are creams for the itching. :bigpimp:

Ok, sorry, kidding, why do you want an M3?

EDIT - Don't believe F30 is ready to order. Thought I saw late 13 for 14 models.

logicalthought 08-11-2012 07:26 AM

Except for the fact that I love convertibles (and need a back seat), I'd rather have YOUR car, lol.

6spdg37s 08-11-2012 08:49 AM

Just for a change of scenery I suppose. I really would like to keep my vette as well though ...

I have car ADD generally and have changed cars like every 6 -12 months

g37s coupe 6 speed, dodge viper srt-10 convt , bmw 750Li, infiniti m35x , acura tl-s, infiniti i35t, few various streetbikes, nissan 240sx

6spdg37s 08-11-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyandRich (Post 7003981)
There are creams for the itching. :bigpimp:

Ok, sorry, kidding, why do you want an M3?

EDIT - Don't believe F30 is ready to order. Thought I saw late 13 for 14 models.

If tis gonna be a late 13 , then I can keep the vette and just wait out for an F30 ... that seems to make more sense than rushing and getting a non-facelifted one right?

Capobranco 08-11-2012 10:03 AM

I also have owned many cars. Jus' for fun I went to my local Corvette dealer two nights ago....I went with an open mind, and with the hope, at the very least, that this would be fun. (BTW I am not a Corvette hater - I owned two briefly in the past). In short the driving experience, however brief, was indeed fun - no denying that the Corvette is fast. I started to get swept away by my "something new - somethng fast" enthusiasm until I stepped back and reflected. At 6'3" and 210 lbs - I had to shoehorn myself into the car. I could not take a long drive in a Corvette without suffering significant fatigue. The interior had an upgraded leather interior, but the design left me cold. Moreover, the quality - especially the hardware - was a definite turnoff. . My overal impression of the car was that it was indeed fun, but it was a lot of money for something not particularily well made. The Corvette did not satisfy my personal needs or desires.

When I purchased my M3, I thought I would use it only as a weekend and pleasure car. However, I soon found the car was addicative and it has become my daily driver - every morning I push the start button and hear the rasp of the exhaust - is a good morning! The M3 is a great GT - fast, and wonderfully responsive - it offers the driver a very "connective" experience. Moreover, I find the car to be more comfy than even a 650i - it is one of the very few sports cars I know that I have to advance the driver's seat forward - I have room to spare. Moreover, I can bring my German shepherd with me on spirited drives in the mountains, and at other times, there is room for family and friends. I would characterize both the exterior and interior styling as purposeful - conveying a quiet athletic intensity.The M3 aesthetically and dynamically just works for me. The M3 is the decathelon champ.

You are obviously very passionate about your Corvette - and sports cars are less about what is practical, than what floats your boat. I say, go drive an M3 - then decide. I think in the end you will probably stay with your 'vette, just as I am happier with my M3 - it's all about passion....

Keyser Soze 08-11-2012 10:53 AM

An M3 won't shine until you get it on a high speed twisty road course and is in no way, shape or form a drag car. Will you take it to road courses to be properly flogged? If just at drag strip, it will most likely disappoint you.

6spdg37s 08-11-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 7004333)
An M3 won't shine until you get it on a high speed twisty road course and is in no way, shape or form a drag car. Will you take it to road courses to be properly flogged? If just at drag strip, it will most likely disappoint you.

I probably wouldn't drag race it or do road course with it ..

just drive it !

CT 08-11-2012 04:43 PM

Definitely not. Keep the Z06. As a side note, the new M3 will run an F80 chassis designation.

6spdg37s 08-12-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT (Post 7004779)
Definitely not. Keep the Z06. As a side note, the new M3 will run an F80 chassis designation.

Im gonna keep the z06 and just wait a little longer then maybe get the m3 as a DD

6spdg37s 08-29-2012 01:40 PM

I think I am going to make the jump. Selling the Z06 and leasing an m3 coupe. Configured it as white on red interior. comp pack, premium pack, heated seats, sat radio, 6-speed manual. is their anything else i need to get ?

MMME30W 08-29-2012 02:35 PM

No tech package? Might as well. I find it very convenient.

I have the enhanced sound, it's very nice to my ears, but I'm not an expert.

6spdg37s 08-29-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMME30W (Post 7041841)
No tech package? Might as well. I find it very convenient.

I have the enhanced sound, it's very nice to my ears, but I'm not an expert.

It does not have an option for tech package , I think they may have combined it with Premium package cause that includes nav and everything and it says voice integration ?

rotorheadbob 08-29-2012 06:08 PM

Tech Package was an older option. My 2010 M3 had it. I think you are correct in stating it's now the Premium Package.

Rob

MMME30W 08-29-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorheadbob (Post 7042258)
Tech Package was an older option. My 2010 M3 had it. I think you are correct in stating it's now the Premium Package.

Rob

Ah so, thanks bob, I stand corrected.

rotorheadbob 08-29-2012 06:17 PM

6 Speed,

I'd love to hear what you like about the M3 as compared to your Z06 and what you miss or might miss about it.

Since the 60s, I've loved Corvettes and just never owned one let alone test drove one. Last year after I spent way too much money on a repair to my well loved, well cared for, but well used 99 Lexus GS 400, I test drove a Z06. I was surprised how blasť I felt about it. Quite surprised. I read some reviews and they were lukewarm about some things. and they loved other things. The seats and the steering seemed to be the biggest complaints. (Power was impressive, but the handling was not).

In March, I was looking at Corvettes again and saw an M3 and test drove it. WOW, instant love. I test drove a Corvette Grand Sport, and again wasn't that impressed. I wanted something that made me WANT to drive it all the time. The M3 did that for me.

Now that I've owned the M3 for some months, I wish the M3 were as iconic as Corvettes are, but I sure am glad I bought the M3.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments regardless is you decide to keep your Z06 or if you get the M3. I'd love to hear your likes and dislikes of the M3.

Thanks and good luck with your decision.

Rob

MMME30W 08-29-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorheadbob (Post 7042271)
6 Speed,

I'd love to hear what you like about the M3 as compared to your Z06 and what you miss or might miss about it.

Since the 60s, I've loved Corvettes and just never owned one let alone test drove one. Last year after I spent way too much money on a repair to my well loved, well cared for, but well used 99 Lexus GS 400, I test drove a Z06. I was surprised how blasť I felt about it. Quite surprised. I read some reviews and they were lukewarm about some things. and they loved other things. The seats and the steering seemed to be the biggest complaints. (Power was impressive, but the handling was not).

In March, I was looking at Corvettes again and saw an M3 and test drove it. WOW, instant love. I test drove a Corvette Grand Sport, and again wasn't that impressed. I wanted something that made me WANT to drive it all the time. The M3 did that for me.

Now that I've owned the M3 for some months, I wish the M3 were as iconic as Corvettes are, but I sure am glad I bought the M3.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments regardless is you decide to keep your Z06 or if you get the M3. I'd love to hear your likes and dislikes of the M3.

Thanks and good luck with your decision.

Rob

Good post. I don't have a background in Vette's, but definitely 'get' the driving part of the M3. I get in every morning, listen to the rumble, stutter during warmup, all the quirky noises. Taking it up to 8K is just...wondrous.

6spdg37s 08-29-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorheadbob (Post 7042271)
6 Speed,

I'd love to hear what you like about the M3 as compared to your Z06 and what you miss or might miss about it.

Since the 60s, I've loved Corvettes and just never owned one let alone test drove one. Last year after I spent way too much money on a repair to my well loved, well cared for, but well used 99 Lexus GS 400, I test drove a Z06. I was surprised how blasť I felt about it. Quite surprised. I read some reviews and they were lukewarm about some things. and they loved other things. The seats and the steering seemed to be the biggest complaints. (Power was impressive, but the handling was not).

In March, I was looking at Corvettes again and saw an M3 and test drove it. WOW, instant love. I test drove a Corvette Grand Sport, and again wasn't that impressed. I wanted something that made me WANT to drive it all the time. The M3 did that for me.

Now that I've owned the M3 for some months, I wish the M3 were as iconic as Corvettes are, but I sure am glad I bought the M3.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments regardless is you decide to keep your Z06 or if you get the M3. I'd love to hear your likes and dislikes of the M3.

Thanks and good luck with your decision.

Rob

I can definitely share with you ; Ive had alot of diff cars : 08 infiniti g37s , 06 viper srt-10, 06 infiniti m35x, 08 infiniti m35x, 01 infiniti i30t , acura TL-s, bmw 750Li , and the z06 , and numerous streetbikes

the only 2 cars i had for longer than 6 months were the g37s (fun car +it was a lease) , and the z06. The z06 I had for 2 years and 7 months currently and the car is just amazing

The z06 has different suspension, engine etc; compared to a base or GS (just in case you guys didnt know)

as far as the handling, you gotta toss those ****ty factory EMT Runflats to begin with

with minor bolt ons I run an 11 second quarter mile , the car is subtle yet a monster when you get on it.

awesome gas mileage 23-25 MPG on the highway while having almost 500 WHP

dislikes :

literally scrape my whole front end anywhere I go including my own driveway
Keyless start sometimes forgets to recognize the key (depending on where it is positioned in the car)
car is so low its painful to get in and out of sometimes (im in my mid 20's fairly fit but have some back problems) and it is brutally low to the ground
they only make 3-4 diff brand tires for the rear (325/30/19) size

I think the real reason Im looking to get out of it and into an m3 is it is something different.

I paid 60k for this and am getting out of it at 47-50k. I am predicting it is going to hit a steep depreciation point like the c5 z06 did. And I pretty much maxed the car out , I would have to chop my interior up to install a roll cage and do internal engine mods.

I would much prefer to wait a few years and pick one up at a significant depreciation to build and race.

so far I have no dislikes of the m3. no one has them in stock and the last one i drove was a 10 DCT (hate DCT) I am ordering a 6-speed when/if I do order

stylinexpat 09-02-2012 12:15 AM

To try and get numbers close to the Vette your foot it going to need to be pedal to the metal and with pedal to the metal you are going to be around 13-15 MPG in that M3 :eek:

6spdg37s 09-02-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylinexpat (Post 7048245)
To try and get numbers close to the Vette your foot it going to need to be pedal to the metal and with pedal to the metal you are going to be around 13-15 MPG in that M3 :eek:

just gonna enjoy the car ! theres no where to go anyway always tons of traffic ...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms