Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Met The General Manager Of Dinan At My Dealer... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640869)

zsource 08-21-2012 07:59 AM

Met The General Manager Of Dinan At My Dealer...

Co-incidence had me sitting in the service manager's office at my BMW dealer when the GM from Dina, Derek Butts walks in.

He was getting set to leave after a round of meetings with the powers-that-be at my dealership. He was trying to get them on board with promoting Dinan performance enhancements for their customers....

I had the chance to talk with him and found him pleasant, knowledgable and highly enthusiastic. When he found out I drove a GT his eyes lit up. It seems that they are really targetting that car as a prime candidate for the Stage 2 software. He told me that he was just at a testing where they had 5 GT's on the track.

The thought of bumping up the HP to 495 (or more with add on part upgrades) is very intriguing, but I find myself worrying about the effect that all that power would have on the stock parts. I don't know if I am the right candidate, but I can tell you that if you think you are, then you should contact Derek.

I don't know if it is appropriate to put his contact info on the site, so best to email or pm me and I can pass his particulars on to you.

I would like to hear if any the GT members have had any experience with breakdowns related to the upgrade, and if there were any issues dealing with BMW when they occured.

Cheers.

mpress 08-23-2012 09:00 AM

stage 2 is already available. specs say 501 HP up from 495 for stage 1. I will tell you stage 2 delivers a totally different and recognized increase over stage 1 particularly off the line and in lower gears..

I question if peak HP and Torque aren't even greater then the posted numbers as tho scar is very heavy and seems more powerful and faster then cars i have driven stating similar numbers but weighing less.

to date i have had NO problems ( scared to type this and jinx myself) but i am absolutely in love....

mp

dmunz 08-24-2012 06:43 AM

Now all they need to do is crack the N55 for the GT... :(

FWIW
DLM

avus9 08-28-2012 01:57 PM

I had the opportunity to talk to a couple of their reps at the DINAN booth at Bimmerfest East this past Saturday. Sadly, they did not have any information on additional options or if a Stage 3 would ever be offered for the N63 F07. I told them to get on it, because I want enough credits/points to earn my DINAN badge. He laughed, and said they never tell them much of upcoming releases.
And yes, Stage 2 is amazing! But I want more power...

dunderhi 08-29-2012 04:34 AM

I think one of Dinan's bad habits is that they always talk about what is next whether or not it makes it to market. For example, last year at Bimmerfest East they told me about reprogrammed shocks and a cold air intake for the F10. A year later and there are still only rumors that the CAI will be released as part of Stage 5 and theres no word about the reprogrammed shocks.

blkcofy 09-25-2012 07:37 PM

Yes, Dinan has been 'audi a7' slow on the upgrade packages for the GT. I've got the stage 2 and love...loved it, but now I'm yearning for the next fix. They seem to be pretty active on the F10 counterpart. I just want the lowering package and perhaps a CAI or exhaust to get to my Dinan badge. Can you imagine a GT Dinan called out on the back hood? Last time I had them respond to me, they were having troubles getting their hands on test cars to make sure things fit the car...sounds like they have them. Guess we'll have to patiently wait...:mad: