Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Finally got around to playing with car coding (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642102)

KrisL 08-27-2012 11:32 AM

Finally got around to playing with car coding
 
Picked up an INPA USB cable and made a windows xp virtual machine on my Macbook to play with NCS Expert.


I have now coded the following:

Windows up with key fob!
Fog lights with high beams possible!
"Double blink" euro style hazard lights!
Power windows operate for 1 minute after car is shut off and key removed
Double-click required on fob to open the trunk (My keyring sometimes presses the trunk open button while I'm at home... resulting in me discovering the trunk is open when I leave for work..).


There are lots of DIYs and links out there so I am not going to repeat it all. If anyone is in the SF Bay Area and wants some of these options I could be talked into it for a 6 pack :).

CaptainTrap 08-27-2012 11:44 AM

Damn I've been wanting my DRL's programmed off for years but could never justify spending the $60 at the dealer. Now I just drive with my high beams unplugged.

E46_Ci 08-27-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainTrap (Post 7037157)
Damn I've been wanting my DRL's programmed off for years but could never justify spending the $60 at the dealer. Now I just drive with my high beams unplugged.

Do you get the bulb out warning with them unplugged? I was able to unplug lights in my C230 without the warning... not sure about the BMW... haven't tried it... sometimes I want my DRLs, other times I don't :dunno:

AlboBMW 08-27-2012 08:33 PM

Very Nice Kris.

Any chance for Siri integration?

yetieater 08-27-2012 08:48 PM

I never got into this deep enough to get started - the knowledge is there, but I haven't been moved to action. I heard that the M54 can't be flashed to Euro2 tune. Is this still the case?

jvr826 08-28-2012 07:22 AM

Let me know when you figure out how to unlock the extra 100hp that's hiding in there.

KrisL 08-28-2012 12:41 PM

Here's a picture of the result of two codes:
* fog lights available with high beams
* high beams = bi-xenon AND halogen.


Lots of light!
http://photos.linquist.net/Vehicles/.../IMG1351-M.jpg

E46_Ci 08-28-2012 01:29 PM

Wish you were further up the coast... like a lot further! I'd love to have a bunch of stuff done to my car... including what you've done.

BostonBeemah 11-15-2012 12:07 PM

Hello

FIrst post on this forum but have been an avid forum member for years on other sites.

I am trying to do exactly what you did with installing windows through VMware on my MAC. I got the INPA connected and battery and ignition both black but when i try to load up my car and go into modules i keep getting an "error compiling script file". I followed this tutorial to a T so i know i did nothing wrong to my knowledge.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

Any idea what could be the issue? I used this exact tutorial and its files and people say that it works for them. I feel like the cable is connected and working but the software is missing files or something...

Any ideas??

Thank You

av98 11-15-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvr826 (Post 7038838)
Let me know when you figure out how to unlock the extra 100hp that's hiding in there.

+1 lol, I'm in on this too :)

Great job Kris! Does it only work on WinXP, will the app work on Win7 or 8?

halltristan 11-15-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisL (Post 7037131)
Picked up an INPA USB cable and made a windows xp virtual machine on my Macbook to play with NCS Expert.


I have now coded the following:

Windows up with key fob!
Fog lights with high beams possible!
"Double blink" euro style hazard lights!
Power windows operate for 1 minute after car is shut off and key removed
Double-click required on fob to open the trunk (My keyring sometimes presses the trunk open button while I'm at home... resulting in me discovering the trunk is open when I leave for work..).


There are lots of DIYs and links out there so I am not going to repeat it all. If anyone is in the SF Bay Area and wants some of these options I could be talked into it for a 6 pack :).

I am incredibly interested in this but don't have the slightest idea of where to start. Can you explain the basics? For example: What is NCS Expert? Can you use this to make the car horn beep when locking your doors? Etc.

I just found this (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1800496) and I've read through it but still don't understand the basics if you wouldn't mind. I've done a ton of php, BASIC, and html coding before so I think this will be a breeze if I gather the basic info.

roverT 11-15-2012 03:28 PM

Hmmmm so if I am on my way to Bimmerfest one year........ hmmmmmm... :D

heztheone 11-15-2012 10:03 PM

i found these 2 posts that "might" be helpful:
link 1
link 2

philliplong 11-27-2012 07:02 PM

I hope I get one of these cables for christmas do I need an upgraded cpu or a specific program this would be cool and have endless posibilities.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Bimmer App

JJ3699 11-27-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliplong (Post 7218018)
I hope I get one of these cables for christmas do I need an upgraded cpu or a specific program this would be cool and have endless posibilities.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Bimmer App

If you do let us know and post some of the things you have done with it :thumbup:

bluebee 11-27-2012 11:19 PM

For reference, this is where folks can get some of the software:
Making sense of the most often recommended BMW diagnostic tools & cable interfaces (1) & BMW factory & dealer programming, coding, and diagnostic software such as INPA, EDIABAS, NCS Expert, DIS, EasyDIS, Progman (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) & related BMW diagnostic-tool forums (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)


There is also an E46-specific thread on the software.

smolck 11-29-2012 02:20 PM

Wow, again I am late to the party. I ALWAYS find my trunk open, I bet my key fob is doing that too. I need to go see the guy who programmed my windows up feature and get him to program the double click. I also had mine coded to act like it has an alarm, lights flash on lock/unlock and clown nose blinks.

P.S. wouldn't want to be the poor bastard who gets brighted by you!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms