Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Tristan has my X1 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642124)

mullini 08-27-2012 12:51 PM

Tristan has my X1

Hi everyone, will be a first-time BMW owner in a few weeks. Last weekend I put a deposit on an X1 already allocated to my dealership (South Bay BMW). I was given a sheet with the VIN, etc., and signed onto MyBMW. It's not updated just yet, but I found this great blog with a post called "How to follow your BMW order," and using the info there, I just verified my X1 was put on a ship called Tristan which left Bremerhaven Saturday the 28th. Will be in Port Hueneme on 9/19 (ETA).

Glacier Silver, black int, Premium pkg and that's it. MSRP 36045. My partner would have preferred to get the lighting package for the Xenons, but apparently that would be a special order at this point - unless I hooked into some fully loaded beauty that would be a bit pricey.

We won't negotiate until the car is at the dealer, but I am not expecting much off. The fact is, we need a new car now. To wait a few months and get a few hundred off doesn't make sense for us, since we'd have to rent something in the meanwhile!

If i hadn't fallen for the X1, who knows what we'd have bought this week. Probably the Acura RDX. We almost bought a Jetta diesel Sportwagon, but for VW's bad luck - two cars we looked at had body issues that worried us. One was missing a small piece from the door handle. The salesman blamed "lookie-lous" who wander through the dealership from a Costco nearby. Then the next one we looked at, a small piece on the bumper (for jack) was loose too.

We postponed a decision and wound up at the BMW dealership...

madurodave 08-27-2012 12:56 PM

Congrats!

I have never driven an X1 but love my X3! Very solid and dependable.

Fun to drive too, of course!

brkf 08-27-2012 02:31 PM

Um... why not get the price right now? Seems logical to expect $500 or so over invoice. It's still just a BMW.

mullini 08-27-2012 02:47 PM

Well would negotiations require a down payment? I'd prefer to hold onto my bucks until the car is actually here for me to pick up. I didn't special order it, remember. I just selected it from the dealership's allocation. They took a $1000 check but haven't cashed it.

I don't know about $500 over invoice but I'll see what I can get. The dealership sold its only X1, the same car most dealerships out here got - the sDrive 28 in Mineral white. It already had 170 miles of test drives on it when I saw it last Sunday. I hope the purchaser got a nice discount! That's a lot of brake slamming and pedal mashing...

And frankly, by the end of September when my Glacier Silver slides into LA, if it seems I can get a better deal elsewhere, I can walk...

brkf 08-27-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullini (Post 7037526)
Well would negotiations require a down payment? I'd prefer to hold onto my bucks until the car is actually here for me to pick up. I didn't special order it, remember. I just selected it from the dealership's allocation. They took a $1000 check but haven't cashed it.

I don't know about $500 over invoice but I'll see what I can get. The dealership sold its only X1, the same car most dealerships out here got - the sDrive 28 in Mineral white. It already had 170 miles of test drives on it when I saw it last Sunday. I hope the purchaser got a nice discount! That's a lot of brake slamming and pedal mashing...

And frankly, by the end of September when my Glacier Silver slides into LA, if it seems I can get a better deal elsewhere, I can walk...

No, negotiations do not require a down payment. Ordered a few BMWs...never put a down payment on any of them.

mullini 09-18-2012 04:55 PM

Update - Tristan is almost past Mexico and will be coming up the California coast tonight. I could track it easily by just googling "Tristan cargo" and the first link gives Tristan's lat/long, map location, etc.

So my Silver s28 should be unloaded tomorrow and on its way to LA soon. Wonder how many other X1's are on Tristan...

mullini 09-22-2012 12:59 PM

UPDATE TO MY UPDATE - Pretty sure the cargo ship Tristan dropped off the Glacier Silver X1 s28 with premium package I had a deposit on this last Wednesday, and it seems to be "awaiting shipment" to the dealer as of this morning. I understand those updates can be 48 hours behind, so maybe it is actually there (South Bay BMW, greater LA area).

However, skipping over a long story, my CA told me she would understand if we "released" the Silver X1 with only premium pkg to find/order an X1 with everything we actually wanted/desired. And we have done so, as of this morning. Story elsewhere in the forum, under "Ordered from Beverly Hills BMW".