Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Found another feature (glitch?) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644626)

TopDownInFL 09-09-2012 04:46 AM

Found another feature (glitch?)

My car is usually in a garage at home and work, so it's rarely hot inside.

I had left it outside and decided to use the key fob to unlock/open windows/open moon roof. That all worked. I drive the car about a mile and decide to close the moon roof. I push the button and it closes AND reopened. Push again, same thing. Three times. I left it alone (I had a ways to go) and it was fine later.

I'm wondering if it's a case of "you said your car was hot by your use of the key fob and we at BMW care about you so much we refuse to allow you to close the moon roof until we determine the interior temp is cool enough."

Itinj6 09-09-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopDownInFL (Post 7062686)
My car is usually in a garage at home and work, so it's rarely hot inside.

I had left it outside and decided to use the key fob to unlock/open windows/open moon roof. That all worked. I drive the car about a mile and decide to close the moon roof. I push the button and it closes AND reopened. Push again, same thing. Three times. I left it alone (I had a ways to go) and it was fine later.

I'm wondering if it's a case of "you said your car was hot by your use of the key fob and we at BMW care about you so much we refuse to allow you to close the moon roof until we determine the interior temp is cool enough."

Wishful thinking lol...

Probably a pinch sensor malfunction (or something actually in the way). I had this same problem with mine on two separate occasions. It eventually closed and stayed shut. IIRC, Southern reported this too.

For the record, I did not use my keyfob to open anything and this was at the end of a long drive when I was securing the vehicle.

southern6er22 09-09-2012 07:08 AM

Yep, welcome to the club :)

I forget what I was doing when it happened, but I don't think the fob was involved. The damn thing wouldn't close, so I pulled off into a parking lot, killed the car, waited a few seconds, restarted, and the BMW gods deemed me well ventilated (or whatever the reason :) ).

Reports of two glitches in one morning - I guess this is life in the future (i.e. the small cost of driving cars that have more in common with a space shuttle than the average car). I'm okay with this as long as these glitches occur with the toys and not the electronics at the heart of the car, like the engine or the sensors for my beloved xDrive and DSC that (the things that cover my a$$ when there is a short in the wiring between my right foot and my brain). :D

TopDownInFL 09-09-2012 09:30 AM

Thanks.

XZLR8 09-09-2012 10:26 AM

Same thing here a time or two. Glitch, I'm sure. You know, part of its charm.

roadsta 09-24-2012 02:10 AM

Today, after almost a year in the car, for the first time I had to close the roof about five times before it decided to stay shut.

An over-sensitive sensor, maybe. Car is soon going for its first service, triggered by time, not distance, so I will have them look at it.

R.

NoI4plz 09-24-2012 04:39 PM

Pretty sure it's a glitch, maybe need to reinitalize 'roof or a sensor

pan 09-29-2012 05:33 PM

It's a glitch. There is a way to force the roof to close bypassing the pinch sensor. According to the manual you hold the close button for 10 seconds and the roof should close. That might be important if its raining.

jettie1767 10-01-2012 06:19 AM

I've had glitches with the rear windows not coming up completely after putting the top up. Another glitch is when the door handle or the key fob refuse to unlock the car.

TopDownInFL 10-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettie1767 (Post 7106266)
Another glitch is when the door handle or the key fob refuse to unlock the car.

I've had that as well. I'm like "um, HELLO? I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE!!!!"

southern6er22 10-01-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopDownInFL (Post 7107496)
I've had that as well. I'm like "um, HELLO? I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE!!!!"

+1. lol. It's very annoying. It takes the comfort out of Comfort Access when I start calling it a stupid, German-engineering-my-a$$ POS. The sentiment doesn't last long, but the rare occasion is quite irksome.