Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Dreams really do come true. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644939)

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-10-2012 04:23 PM

Dreams really do come true.

2013 BMW M3 Coupe, very well loaded. 6-8 week wait now begins. Current status is 112. Why is time passing so slowly!? :mad:

Pics to come when she comes in!

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-10-2012 05:26 PM

I just entered in my Production number into the tracker and it says my car is Space Gray, but my car is Le Mans Blue. Is that ok? Also, I have every package available, but I don't see the iPod integration. Is it standard?

kscarrol 09-10-2012 05:37 PM

You're fine! Congrats on the order... When I first looked up my car online it showed as an Alpine white 335. More than likely the dealer had a production slot and had a space gray car on order for general inventory. They gave you that slot though it will take a few days for your order particulars to show up. And don't worry about the iPod option, my car never showed all the options on my car but it was as ordered at delivery. To give yourself some piece of mind, you should have an order sheet with all the specs on your car. If it is there, you're good.

MMME30W 09-10-2012 05:53 PM

Pics or Ban!!

Kidding! Congrats. :thumbup:

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-10-2012 06:44 PM

Thanks! Pics when she comes in, I promise! I don't see iPod adapter on my build sheet either and I have every package and almost every option available on the car. :(

Can you guys direct me to where I can get a license plate frame that hooks into the tow hook? I don't want holes drilled into the bumper. :D

BMNewbie 09-11-2012 03:47 AM

Congrats on the new baby! :thumbup:

This will probably be the longest 6-8 weeks but sooooo worth it when you pick up the keys.:D

kscarrol 09-11-2012 05:57 AM

Looking at the BMW website and the options/packages available, they don't even list iPod adapter/integration as an option anymore. Assuming you got Navigation and the Premium Sound, it must now just be standard equipment...

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-11-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMNewbie (Post 7066466)
Congrats on the new baby! :thumbup:

This will probably be the longest 6-8 weeks but sooooo worth it when you pick up the keys.:D

I'm going nuts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kscarrol (Post 7066609)
Looking at the BMW website and the options/packages available, they don't even list iPod adapter/integration as an option anymore. Assuming you got Navigation and the Premium Sound, it must now just be standard equipment...

That's what I thought. :) Thanks!

highyo 09-11-2012 08:20 AM

congrats, welcome to M3 waiting hell. this is followed by M3 purgatory, where you actually have the rig, but can't open it up until your break in period is over.

McLoven 09-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highyo (Post 7066871)
congrats, welcome to M3 waiting hell. this is followed by M3 purgatory, where you actually have the rig, but can't open it up until your break in period is over.

Yet another good reason to take ED or PCD. By the time you get home, the car should be pretty close to broken in!

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-11-2012 01:42 PM

You do tend to go crazy waiting for the car to come in. :( My dealer had a truck in today and I could of sworn I saw it on there, even though it's been only two days I ordered it. LOL!

rotorheadbob 09-11-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- (Post 7065890)
Can you guys direct me to where I can get a license plate frame that hooks into the tow hook? I don't want holes drilled into the bumper. :D

When I was at Bimmerfest last month, a vendor had them for sale. I'll try and find the card for that vendor and pass it onto you.

Rob

PS-Where in Maryland are you? I'm near Laurel. Are you getting the car delivered to the dealer, PCD, or ED?

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-12-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorheadbob (Post 7068305)
When I was at Bimmerfest last month, a vendor had them for sale. I'll try and find the card for that vendor and pass it onto you.

Rob

PS-Where in Maryland are you? I'm near Laurel. Are you getting the car delivered to the dealer, PCD, or ED?

That would be great! I'm in Potomac. :) My car is getting delivered to the dealer. :)

kscarrol 09-12-2012 07:14 AM

Have not dealt with these folks so can't vouch for them but they are a sponsor on another BMW forum in good standing...

http://www.usmillworks.com/bmw_front..._tow_hook.html

highyo 09-12-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLoven (Post 7067235)
Yet another good reason to take ED or PCD. By the time you get home, the car should be pretty close to broken in!

thats what i did! what a wonderful experience to do the PCD and drive north through some great roads and neighborhoods

Capobranco 09-12-2012 09:50 AM

Congrats and welcome!

Nice to have another in the neighborhood.

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-12-2012 12:23 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm just waiting for it to come in. The days are passing by VERY slowly!

rotorheadbob 09-12-2012 05:57 PM

Ice,

Learn to enjoy the anticipation. It'll be new only once, same thing for the delivery!

Rob

Gor@AcutePerformance 09-13-2012 04:59 PM

Wow congratulations on the new car, now we wait patiently haha

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-13-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotorheadbob (Post 7070418)
Ice,

Learn to enjoy the anticipation. It'll be new only once, same thing for the delivery!

Rob

It's very hard! The M3 has been a dream for me, so I'm a bit antsy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gor@AcutePerformance (Post 7072666)
Wow congratulations on the new car, now we wait patiently haha

The wait is horrible.

Gor@AcutePerformance 09-13-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- (Post 7072838)
It's very hard! The M3 has been a dream for me, so I'm a bit antsy.

The wait is horrible.

I can only imagine, I have customer emailing me non-stop because the wait for a set or wheels is also 6-8 weeks and I can feel them getting more and more impatient and antsy by the day, but when they finally get those rims under their car they are the happiest people in the world! Can't wait to see pics of your car!

ModBargains 09-13-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the car man! I cant wait to see those pics up here! I cant even imagine..the wait must be brutal! We do have a nice no holes license plate holder for you that has had great success with our customer! Hope it helps!

http://www.modbargains.com/No-Holes-...E36-E82-Z3.htm

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...te-Mount-2.jpg

McLoven 09-14-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- (Post 7069676)
Thanks everyone! I'm just waiting for it to come in. The days are passing by VERY slowly!

The wait sucks but you will enjoy it that much more when it arrives!

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-14-2012 05:21 PM

Car went into production today!

-=Hot|Ice=- 09-15-2012 08:06 AM

Insurance question, if I add the car to my insurance, even though I don't have it, will I have to pay for the weeks I don't have possession of the car?