Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E53 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   rear turn signal (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645046)

TOOT77 09-11-2012 07:05 AM

rear turn signal

My right turn signal inside the car blinks very fast. Is it a hard job to replace the rear turn bulb in the rear? If so Are there in pictures or video to show or is it best to have it professionally done? Thanks

watchurself 09-11-2012 07:17 AM

no its easy as Pie - although you might not need to replace it as i had this issue recently

passenger side turn single was same as yours blinkikng fast -so i looked - no lights on the back turn single

light in front was fine - so i open the hatch and surprisingly (to me ) the connector had no wires?? i found this odd so i looked at the other side (drivers side) same thing no wires - weird huh??

so i grab the little plactic thing turn it and remove - look at it and notice the plastic bulb holder has 2 metal contacts on the frontside - so it must connect to the opening with these contacts

i checked my bulb and didnt see its filament broken or anything so i replaced it and turned it in place - tried it again and it worked

may have been jarred loose by a bump or something - so the contacts must align properly otherwise your light wont go on - it happened a couple more times on me and i fixed it both those times also -so just check to make sure your bulb holder is properly aligned with the socket

TOOT77 09-11-2012 07:29 AM

Thanks!!!!!

Great news thanks!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by watchurself (Post 7066746)
no its easy as pie - although you might not need to replace it as i had this issue recently

passenger side turn single was same as yours blinkikng fast -so i looked - no lights on the back turn single

light in front was fine - so i open the hatch and surprisingly (to me ) the connector had no wires?? I found this odd so i looked at the other side (drivers side) same thing no wires - weird huh??

So i grab the little plactic thing turn it and remove - look at it and notice the plastic bulb holder has 2 metal contacts on the frontside - so it must connect to the opening with these contacts

i checked my bulb and didnt see its filament broken or anything so i replaced it and turned it in place - tried it again and it worked

may have been jarred loose by a bump or something - so the contacts must align properly otherwise your light wont go on - it happened a couple more times on me and i fixed it both those times also -so just check to make sure your bulb holder is properly aligned with the socket

watchurself 09-11-2012 07:38 AM

the turn signal bulb holder is the white one -good luck

if you need a new bulb you can get it at any autoparts store -just look up the bulb #