Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Battery for 2007 X3: EverStart MAXX-H6 or MAXX-H8? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645595)

bowang 09-13-2012 01:29 PM

Battery for 2007 X3: EverStart MAXX-H6 or MAXX-H8?
 
Hello,

Walmart Battery Finder shows that the EverStart MAXX-H6 fits my 2007 X3. Some owners in here mentioned that MAXX-H8 fits as well. Does anyone know which one is better? MAXX-H6 is about $110, how much for the MAXX-H8?

Thanks!

usaret 09-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowang (Post 7072235)
Hello,

Walmart Battery Finder shows that the EverStart MAXX-H6 fits my 2007 X3. Some owners in here mentioned that MAXX-H8 fits as well. Does anyone know which one is better? MAXX-H6 is about $110, how much for the MAXX-H8?

Thanks!

The H8 is bigger and thus has higher capacity. In Ohio in the winter this may come in handy. Especially for the relatively minor difference in cost between the two.

bowang 09-14-2012 06:48 AM

Thank you very much!!

usaret 09-14-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowang (Post 7073607)
Thank you very much!!

You're welcome.:thumbup:

ncord 09-15-2012 04:00 AM

I used the H8 from Walmart and it fits perfetly.

codog2 09-15-2012 06:41 AM

Just installed mine this morning (05 x3). Perfect fit. More CCA (720 versus 900).

Don't worry if the vent tube is missing from the new battery. The original will fit

PC in Ohio 09-16-2012 03:22 PM

good to know. I just had my battery checked (original on my 2007) and it's putting out ~ 850CCA according to the guy at Advance Auto. I'll be keep an eye out though for a new one just in case.

Do you have to go to the dealer to get it certified?

ncord 09-17-2012 03:39 AM

I didn`t. Just installed it and thats it .Its been 6 months now.

usaret 09-17-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC in Ohio (Post 7077693)
good to know. I just had my battery checked (original on my 2007) and it's putting out ~ 850CCA according to the guy at Advance Auto. I'll be keep an eye out though for a new one just in case.

Do you have to go to the dealer to get it certified?

From what I've been able to find our cars are not new enough to need battery registration (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).


http://www.munichmotorsport.com/wordpress/?page_id=164

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hell...mt/IBS/IBS.jsp

The new X3's have an IBS negative cable: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...69&hg=61&fg=30

And ours is just a plain cable with clamp: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...34&hg=61&fg=30

Another reason I REALLY LIKE my 2009.:thumbup:

bowang 09-17-2012 08:56 AM

I installed a new battery (AutoCraft H8-AGM) from Advance Auto Parts last Saturday. So far everything works great. It's only $125.99 after using a link my friend sent to me. The link saved me $35 instantly. The battery can be used on both X3 and X5. I got free installation at local store.

Here is the link (up to 40% on everything): http://advanceautoparts.**************************

H8-AGM Spes:
Acid Included: Yes
Battery Type: AGM
Battery Usage: Auto/Truck
BCI Group Size: H8
Cold Cranking Amps: 900
Cranking Amps: 1000
Deep Cycle/Starting: Dual Purpose
Maintenance Free: Yes
Reserve Capacity: 160
Terminal Type: SAE
Weight: 59.45
Length: 13.94
Width: 6.938
Height: 7.5

Snowcatt 10-23-2013 07:07 PM

M3 Battery
 
My 2010 M3 battery is getting weak (670 CCA now, 900 new) and the display is indicating low voltage. The dealer says the replacement battery has to be certified; they also say if that isn't done it could cause other electrical problems because the electrical system could over charge the new battery. Does anyone have any information on this?

05X3newbie 10-24-2013 11:14 AM

I use the H6 (only because they did not have H8 and I was in a pinch) - everything fits like a charm including tubes. Highly, highly recommend. Make sure to take your old battery in for a core refund if you don't upon purchase. Scored something like $19 back.

Supercourse 10-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcatt (Post 7914905)
My 2010 M3 battery is getting weak (670 CCA now, 900 new) and the display is indicating low voltage. The dealer says the replacement battery has to be certified; they also say if that isn't done it could cause other electrical problems because the electrical system could over charge the new battery. Does anyone have any information on this?

For a 2010 M3 I would expect that the new battery should be registered by a BMW dealer or and indy having the right equipment.

For the E83 X3 there is no ability to register it and a new battery, whether an AGM or traditional flooded cell, just has to live with what the unsophisticated charging system wants to do.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms