Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   IOS 6 for iPhone and Connected drive (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645713)

650iQ7 09-14-2012 05:02 AM

IOS 6 for iPhone and Connected drive

Maybe is already well known by most of you, but here is a link showing IOS 6 beta version allowing messages to be read through connected drive, finally.
Also, I was finally able to download/upgrade media/bluetooth update file from BMW.COM, and upgraded iTunes as well,ready for IOS 6!. Click on smiley face
:)

southern6er22 09-17-2012 09:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wczt...layer_embedded

Did y'all see this? It made me lol.

mtuncy 09-19-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650iQ7 (Post 7073473)
Maybe is already well known by most of you, but here is a link showing IOS 6 beta version allowing messages to be read through connected drive, finally.
Also, I was finally able to download/upgrade media/bluetooth update file from BMW.COM, and upgraded iTunes as well,ready for IOS 6!. Click on smiley face
:)

finally!!!!! I was waiting for this, now I can see both messages and emails after IOS6 upgrade...

of course there are always limitations: it doesn't actually sync messages or emails, it only shows new messages and emails as they come in., they need to be unopened/unread, it's basically pulling the email and sms notification messages from the phone. You cannot reply or do anything with them, just read it or have the iDrive read it out load for you in a cryptic way or use a phone number in the message to dial.

And of course you need to jump through some hoops to make it happen
- Need the latest combox update (3.4.5)
- Turn the "Show Notifications" to on in bluetooth settings
- In notification center turn on "Show preview" and "view in lock screen" for each email account and also for messages

it works through bluetooth so it works with or without the dock or the connected driver app.

650iQ7 09-19-2012 02:37 PM

I cannot see any SMS or email on iDrive screen, am I doing something wrong?
Upgraded to IOS 6
Thanks

bmw23112 09-19-2012 02:57 PM

I just upgraded to IOS 6, I am able to get Test messages come through on the Idrive, but not emails. Has anyone had this issue? I have set Notification On, Alert Style: Alerts, Badge App Icon: On, Show Preview :On and View in Lock Screen On. I lock my phone and see new emails coming though the notification much like text messages, but I do not get it on the Idrive.

mtuncy 09-19-2012 03:15 PM

just to make sure: you are using an iphone 4S? and you have the office menu in the iDrive screen?

to read the messages you need to go to office>messages menu, where you can filter for all or e-mail, text or service messages. (if you can see the filter for email and text, but no messages, then make sure you have the right settings in iphone's notification center and wait for a new message. If you don't see email and text on the filter make sure you have turned on "show notifications" in iphone's bluetooth settings) Again only new unread messages show up simultaneously as you get the notification on the phone, not old ones.

If you are not in office menu, little message icon shows up on the right top of the screen indicating a new message.

mtuncy 09-19-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw23112 (Post 7084156)
I just upgraded to IOS 6, I am able to get Test messages come through on the Idrive, but not emails. Has anyone had this issue? I have set Notification On, Alert Style: Alerts, Badge App Icon: On, Show Preview :On and View in Lock Screen On. I lock my phone and see new emails coming though the notification much like text messages, but I do not get it on the Idrive.

It was exactly like that on mine at first; I have couple of email accounts on my phone, it was not showing the emails, up until I turned on the notifications on all of them. Or maybe it took a while to recognize as I was playing around in notifications settings.

650iQ7 09-19-2012 04:12 PM

It looks like the upgrade turned off emails notifications, Bluetooth notification is new (vehicle specific)
Thank you very much will try it tomorrow

Itinj6 09-19-2012 06:02 PM

Anybody know if images are available for this update? In other words, if someone calls, will their picture show up on idrive if you have one set up for them on the phone?

Also, calendar, tasks and reminders? My wife's BB does all that.

bmw23112 09-19-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtuncy (Post 7084195)
just to make sure: you are using an iphone 4S? and you have the office menu in the iDrive screen?

to read the messages you need to go to office>messages menu, where you can filter for all or e-mail, text or service messages. (if you can see the filter for email and text, but no messages, then make sure you have the right settings in iphone's notification center and wait for a new message. If you don't see email and text on the filter make sure you have turned on "show notifications" in iphone's bluetooth settings) Again only new unread messages show up simultaneously as you get the notification on the phone, not old ones.

If you are not in office menu, little message icon shows up on the right top of the screen indicating a new message.

I have an Iphone 4 not a 4s. Yes I have set the notifications for email. I see them pop up on the phone when screen is off. The text messages come through but the Email Icon on the idrive always shows 0.

650iQ7 09-20-2012 04:47 AM

Still testing, the upgrade to IOS6 also has an option to block the notifications on screen for SMS and by default is blocked. This AM SMS did not go through, will see now by allowing notification on screen. Did not get any email while driving.
I am guessing email/SMS notification on iDrive does not require the iphone to be connected through cable to the iDrive, and hope will still work while connected.

650iQ7 09-20-2012 06:45 AM

I cannot get messages through idrive

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtuncy (Post 7084026)
finally!!!!! I was waiting for this, now I can see both messages and emails after IOS6 upgrade...

of course there are always limitations: it doesn't actually sync messages or emails, it only shows new messages and emails as they come in., they need to be unopened/unread, it's basically pulling the email and sms notification messages from the phone. You cannot reply or do anything with them, just read it or have the iDrive read it out load for you in a cryptic way or use a phone number in the message to dial.

And of course you need to jump through some hoops to make it happen
- Need the latest combox update (3.4.5)
- Turn the "Show Notifications" to on in bluetooth settings
- In notification center turn on "Show preview" and "view in lock screen" for each email account and also for messages

it works through bluetooth so it works with or without the dock or the connected driver app.

I have turned on all notifications, I did upgrade my 4S to IOS 6, I did upgrade the idrive software from BMW.com, I have turned on notifications in iPhone bluetooth for the BMW vehicle. I did not get SMS through :cry:
Is there anything else?.
Thanks

tim330i 09-20-2012 07:02 AM

Check out the thread in the F30 forum. There is some good trouble shooting going on -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=646784

On the Bimmerfest Project 328i we had good luck getting the phone to simply re-pair with the car.

Tim

650iQ7 09-20-2012 07:50 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim330i (Post 7085495)
Check out the thread in the F30 forum. There is some good trouble shooting going on -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=646784

On the Bimmerfest Project 328i we had good luck getting the phone to simply re-pair with the car.

Tim

I will try a new pairing and will follow all the recommendations from the link. Again, thank you :) :thumbup:

650iQ7 09-20-2012 07:50 PM

It did work!, I repaired my iPhone and SMS notification going through, emails do not.

tim330i 09-21-2012 06:56 AM

The general consensus seems to be that emails don't work. No one has been able to get that to work so far unfortunately.

Tim

Jimm652 09-21-2012 02:25 PM

Emails officially work, I thought I had a text I went to office and boom all my mail was there.

bmw23112 09-21-2012 08:28 PM

upgraded my phone to 4s today and same issue, text messages work, but emails don't. Tried it on my wife's car and mine with same result.

bmw23112 09-21-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimm652 (Post 7088562)
Emails officially work, I thought I had a text I went to office and boom all my mail was there.

Jimm652 did you do anything special? I have upgraded the Idrive code, IOS 6 on Iphone. I enabled notification for emails. I get Text but not emails.

650iQ7 09-21-2012 08:35 PM

My emails are now going through the iDrive in the same inbox as SMS. I do not know if it is by chance, but since this AM emails were not going through, while iPhone connected through Bluetooth and unplugged from the USB, I went to each email and turned off notifications and then turned them back on, also I did not have any icon (alert style) selected on the emails, I selected the central location for notifications (alerts). Now it is working.

bmw23112 09-21-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650iQ7 (Post 7089144)
My emails are now going through the iDrive in the same inbox as SMS. I do not know if it is by chance, but since this AM emails were not going through, while iPhone connected through Bluetooth and unplugged from the USB, I went to each email and turned off notifications and then turned back on, also I did not have any icon selected on the emails, I selected the central location for notifications. Now it is working.

When you disabled and renabled notification, was your bluetooth still connected? Also are you connected via USB or just bluetooth?

650iQ7 09-21-2012 09:02 PM

Emails working

:thumbup:, Yes, the iPhone was connected through Bluetooth and was not plugged to the cable USB. Then I disabled and enabled the notification for each email, also I have selected the alert style to "alerts" prior to this, it looks like they defaulted to "none" after update to IOS 6.

Itinj6 09-21-2012 09:12 PM

It may just be a patience thing. My wife told me that it took like five times of shutting the car off for the night and then restarting for work in the morning before emails came through. Once they did though, the emails would appear on idrive flawlessly. This is on her BlackBerry but same concept.

Perhaps just some time and patience in needed.

650iQ7 09-21-2012 09:27 PM

No contact picture

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itinj6 (Post 7084573)
Anybody know if images are available for this update? In other words, if someone calls, will their picture show up on idrive if you have one set up for them on the phone?

Also, calendar, tasks and reminders? My wife's BB does all that.

I do not get the contact pic on the iDrive screen when getting a phone call with IOS 6 :bawling:. With the IOS 5 I did not even get the artwork for each song through bluetooth, just when connected to the USB cable, I will check this tomorrow.

Jimm652 09-22-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw23112 (Post 7089127)
Jimm652 did you do anything special? I have upgraded the Idrive code, IOS 6 on Iphone. I enabled notification for emails. I get Text but not emails.

I did nothing different. I was connected via Bluetooth as usual, I played music via the iPhone on the drive home and by chance noticed the envelope. All of my settings are the same as I have been following on this thread. It hasn't worked for mail until yesterday afternoon, just SMS.