2013 X3 28i impressions
Have been driving this car as a loaner for the last 3 days while my E60 550i is in service...
Car has no leather, no sport, 7K on odo.
My thoughts and feelings about the car:
- Nice exterior, looks cool front and rear, a bit dull from a side
- Nice interior in terms of instrumentation, I actually like this iDrive iteration
- Nice backup camera, top view is a bit hard to read at times
- Surprisingly snappy engine, feels like there is much more than 240 hp, felt no turbo lag
- Nice breaks and steering as usual with BMW, steering is on the light side
- Surprisingly roomy inside, big trunk
- Smooth quick transmission
- Suspension is soft but makes for comfortable ride
- Feels wobbly side-to-side at times, like a boat feeling
- Very hard and narrow (horizontal part) seats, uncomfortable
- No motorized steering column adjustment on $40K+ vehicle, really?!
- Interior built quality is not very high - driver side door panel with buttons for adjusting side mirrors already squeaking. That panel is also poorly positioned - my left leg rests on it and it's hard, uncomfortable and squeaking.
- Car interior is pretty noisy at hwy speeds (50+), almost as noisy as Rav4 I drove right before X3
- Doors feel too light and close with cheap sound, like Rav4
thanks hooch - this very very good review. We are planning on getting the X3 - pretty much the same package. We will be having a new born soon and don't want leather interior.
If you don't mind me asking - what is your height? Because you say when you were seated your leg was touching the side door panel.
I concur Hooch.
Just had our 2006 in for DISA and intake boot.
Dealer gave us a brand new 2013 28i X3 and you and I couldn't agree more.
The steering was too light and I did not have the feel of the road like I have with our 2006.
2013 was a little more quiet in town but had some noticeable wind/road noise on the highway. More than our '06.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms