Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Remus or rpi (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646571)

Eliasmalak 09-18-2012 11:30 AM

Remus or rpi
 
MY QUESTION IS SIMPLE
REMUS EXHAUST OR RPI EXHAUST FOR MY 2006 530i...
TAKE INTO ACCOUNT DRONE LEVEL AND LOUDNESS

ModBargains III 09-18-2012 11:39 AM

The Remus exhaust will sound deeper for sure, and it will have no drone whatsoever. I can't speak upon the RPI, but if ti's like the Z4M's I've driven, and M5's I've driven with RPI exhausts, there could be lots of drone. The Remus will not be as loud, but it'll have a nice low, and deep exhaust note, and from knowing this forum pretty well, I'd say most would agree that Remus is the way to go for quality as well:

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...Remus/545i.jpg
Remus Sport Exhaust E60 520i, 523i, 525i, 530i, 545i, 550i

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr...Best_Brand.gif

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! You can reach me via PM/Email or call me direct at 714.582.3330 extension 8002, and ask for Jurrian!

Eliasmalak 09-19-2012 04:18 AM

as u can see my concern is not loudness but only DRONE since i have a 5 series i dont want people sitting in the back complaining about the noise but rather be a bit louder than stock and sound nice... My priority is drone since i dont want to put a big chunk of money on an exhaust then get a loud drone then i would have got a cheap cherrybomb glasspack and get all the drone i want... if REMUS DOES NOT DRONE u have my word i will buy one for my e60 by the end of the month from your site modbargains... moreover do i gain any hp by adding remus since u only have the dyno chart for the 545i... my car is the 06 530i with the 255 n52 engine .. i already place the AFE stage 2 intake and probably got (+7hp) from there cold air intake and next is the remus... thank you.. reply asap

myates3 09-19-2012 07:39 AM

I have a 550i with RPI exhaust and love it. It has a nice throaty sound with the throttle open, but not too deep. There may be a slight drone at crusing speeds but it hasn't been anything that has bothered me or my passengers.

booyaazaa 09-19-2012 07:54 AM

Ive got a remus sport exhaust on my e60 and there is no drone when cruisin around. You only hear it when starting the car and at WOT.

Eliasmalak 01-12-2013 06:54 AM

hey i wanted to ask ... if i remove the 2nd cats will it help with the remus since it is too quiet....?

DarkKnightOO7 02-10-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliasmalak (Post 7307879)
hey i wanted to ask ... if i remove the 2nd cats will it help with the remus since it is too quiet....?

How quiet? Can you make a vid? I thinking of putting a Remus sport in my 525i

pjinca 02-10-2013 08:28 PM

RPI all the way, if you are interested in actual horse power from your exhaust - there is no substitute. My RPI for my 550 is ordered already.

H F 02-10-2013 08:40 PM

Does anyone know what the differnce in hp between rpi and remus ?

H F 02-10-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyaazaa (Post 7083149)
Ive got a remus sport exhaust on my e60 and there is no drone when cruisin around. You only hear it when starting the car and at WOT.

How loud is ur Remus inside the car with the windows up.. Im leaning toward remus cause everyone one is saying its not verry loud.. i just dont want that loud rumble inside the car especially on long trips....

pjinca 02-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H F (Post 7373305)
How loud is ur Remus inside the car with the windows up.. Im leaning toward remus cause everyone one is saying its not verry loud.. i just dont want that loud rumble inside the car especially on long trips....

RPI is louder, with a deeper throatier sound. It also produces more horse power. If sound is an issue they do sell silencers that reduce the drone greatly without reducing the output. By the way, RPI is cheaper.

Eliasmalak 02-10-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajameoo7 (Post 7373278)
How quiet? Can you make a vid? I thinking of putting a Remus sport in my 525i

I just did my remus with the sec cat delete
now if you just ad the remus you can kept a deep spund but no drone or rasp inside the cabin , windown down or up,
at cruise speeds you can barely tell you have an exhaust on your car.
i removed the sec cats coz they got cloggy and replaced them with pipes the remus got a bit loudenbut still no drone or rasp just a small vibration at idle to remind you of the remus :thumbup:

In all, go for the remus go the guy above has. a 550 its a v8 if you add anything to v8 it will sound nice remember you have an i6 anything louder you'll get rasp which is bad.

here is a video before cat delete... its at night but you can hear the sound

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IMjCERYcY0

H F 02-10-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 7373317)
RPI is louder, with a deeper throatier sound. It also produces more horse power. If sound is an issue they do sell silencers that reduce the drone greatly without reducing the output. By the way, RPI is cheaper.

would like to hear ur ride when u install the RPI.. in person if ur not too far away from ontario.

DarkKnightOO7 02-11-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliasmalak (Post 7373417)
I just did my remus with the sec cat delete
now if you just ad the remus you can kept a deep spund but no drone or rasp inside the cabin , windown down or up,
at cruise speeds you can barely tell you have an exhaust on your car.
i removed the sec cats coz they got cloggy and replaced them with pipes the remus got a bit loudenbut still no drone or rasp just a small vibration at idle to remind you of the remus :thumbup:

In all, go for the remus go the guy above has. a 550 its a v8 if you add anything to v8 it will sound nice remember you have an i6 anything louder you'll get rasp which is bad.

here is a video before cat delete... its at night but you can hear the sound

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IMjCERYcY0


Okay cool, I already seen that vid and that's what got me into Remus :) I want something with a deep growi yet quiet until I open her up :D:D:D

DarkKnightOO7 02-11-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H F (Post 7373456)
would like to hear ur ride when u install the RPI.. in person if ur not too far away from ontario.

I second HF request I'm in riverside. It would be cool to hear the rpi in person :thumbup:

pjinca 02-11-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H F (Post 7373456)
would like to hear ur ride when u install the RPI.. in person if ur not too far away from ontario.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajameoo7 (Post 7373635)
I second HF request I'm in riverside. It would be cool to hear the rpi in person :thumbup:

Sure, Ontario is a ways away for me (I am in the Cerritos area) but we can arrange a mini meet somewhere in the middle. Also, you can go to youtube and search for "RPI 550 exhaust" or "RPI 530 exhaust" if you have a I6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfnQrpyeAo

H F 02-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 7373939)
Sure, Ontario is a ways away for me (I am in the Cerritos area) but we can arrange a mini meet somewhere in the middle. Also, you can go to youtube and search for "RPI 550 exhaust" or "RPI 530 exhaust" if you have a I6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfnQrpyeAo

Sounds like a plan... let me and Ajameoo7 know when.. And if ur doen the installl urself . look me up and will give u a hand if u need.....

pjinca 02-11-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H F (Post 7374704)
Sounds like a plan... let me and Ajameoo7 know when.. And if ur doen the installl urself . look me up and will give u a hand if u need.....

Thanks for the offer, but I will be getting mine installed by Trinity Autosport in Tustin. Great vendors and great service, plus they've done a few dozen of these so it should go smoothly.

H F 02-11-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 7374711)
Thanks for the offer, but I will be getting mine installed by Trinity Autosport in Tustin. Great vendors and great service, plus they've done a few dozen of these so it should go smoothly.

k kool,, let us know when ur all dialed in....

pjinca 02-11-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H F (Post 7374771)
k kool,, let us know when ur all dialed in....

Will do Bro, got a lot planned for this car. Hopefully 425 HP might be attained, if not? Well then ESS does have an SC kit for it :thumbup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms