Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   IOS 6 Email Not Transferred (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647129)

yardbird 09-20-2012 05:14 PM

IOS 6 Email Not Transferred

I have a 2012 X5 35i, have an Iphone 4S updated to IOS 6, have updated the Bluetooth software in the X5 to the latest version, but cannot get emails to transfer when they come in. Text messages work fine.

Is anyone able to get emails to transfer with IOS 6?

I have deleted the phone from the X5 and paired again, but still no luck.

watrob 09-20-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardbird (Post 7086817)
I have a 2012 X5 35i, have an Iphone 4S updated to IOS 6, have updated the Bluetooth software in the X5 to the latest version, but cannot get emails to transfer when they come in. Text messages work fine.

Its known bug, you will have wait for a firmware upgrade to IOS 6 or go back to IOS 6 Beta 3 which was the last known firmware where both Messages & Emails worked?

garrettdeb 09-20-2012 05:40 PM

I have been using my Motorola Photon and the SMS functionality with the office function on idrive for a little over a year.

As with any bluetooth function both devices need to support the deisred functionality. Most model year 2011 BMW's mfg since August 2010 (though the X5 was delayed till October 2010) have the software in place to support this.

The profile used to accomplish the data transfer is called MAP (message access profile). Several Motorola phones have the MAP profile along with some Blackberries - other manufacturers may support this as well.

Up until IOS 6 the iphone did not have this bluetooth profile - nice to hear it finally does. However it seems that Apple only allows SMS functionality to access the MAP profile rather than SMS and e-mail. Their may be a setting on the phone that allows this, but sorry can't help more. My Photon only supports SMS as well.

It is my understanding that some of the Blackberry devices allow for SMS, e-mail and calendar information to report via the bluetooth MAP profile and therefore provide all that information via the idrive's office menu.

apw2607 09-20-2012 08:20 PM

Email sort of works but its very flakey. iPhone calendar with idrive is supported via the iPhone BMW connected app.

I think we will see a combox update to properly support ios6

garrettdeb 09-21-2012 06:22 AM

True, BMW could update the software on their end to play better with Apple's, however they risk causing problems with legacy devices - the blackberries that they marketed this system for in the first place.

vkumar 09-21-2012 06:53 AM

Same Bluetooth Audio is having issue with IOS6, with my 2012 BMW X5, with every ignitation I need to go to the phone setting to configure, Bluetooth Audio turn-on.
This was not necessary and running smooth with IOS5..

yardbird 09-21-2012 07:30 AM

I am not having an issue with the audio.

miotoo 09-26-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yardbird (Post 7086817)

For me it only works when I set 'Alert Style' to 'Alerts' in the specific email account Notification Center settings.

And the messages appear in the SMS category on iDrive, not on email..

In fact its quite annoying as alerts require an action on the phone screen and that's unacceptable for tons of push emails arriving while the phone is in normal hand-held use..

X5FX 09-28-2012 07:21 PM

On iphone, go into Notification menu. Select Mail.
in Show option- select 5 or less
in your email accounts option- TURN ON Show in Lockscreen

bam, now you will see email.

but you will only see email that is on your lock screen, not older messages.

The idea is that you dont touch your phone while driving, and when a new email shows up it will appear on the idrive so you arent distracted and pick up the phone.

papasha 09-29-2012 06:50 AM

2011 35d

I have 2011 35D with office on it.
My HTC Titan works fine with SMS's but not with emails.

Iphone didn't work with ios5 and I couldn't make it to work with ios6.
But phone and audio is working fine.

What I'm doing wrong or not doing?
Can somebody explain settings on the phone and I drive, please?

Thank you.

X5FX 09-29-2012 09:07 AM

follow the instructions in the post above yours. My phone works great.

papasha 09-30-2012 07:26 AM

Unfotunately, following instructions didn't help.
Is something regarding BT firmware on the car?

gresch 09-30-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papasha (Post 7104961)
Unfotunately, following instructions didn't help.
Is something regarding BT firmware on the car?

Check whether the version of Bluetooth on your phone supports the MAP profile.

papasha 09-30-2012 02:05 PM

I have 4S

wmcilwain 10-18-2012 06:54 AM

I wasn't getting e-mail until I accidentally forgot to lock my phone prior to docking in the snap-in adapter. I then started getting e-mail reliably. I think you can't get e-mail when the device is locked (security feature?). If you don't have the snap-in adapter, I believe launching the BMW Connected App will prevent your device from locking, and perhaps you will begin receiving e-mail as I have.