Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Confirmed my 328 xdrive is on The Carmen ny 10/02. ne1 else? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647200)

Mykatie 09-21-2012 06:13 AM

Confirmed my 328 xdrive is on The Carmen ny 10/02. ne1 else?
 
bmwusa via live person and prompt both show at dock still. VIN not recognized as on ship till day after it left port.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
Who else is on The Carmen?
ordered 8-6
completed 9-13
Port waiting for ship not sure

Jokerswld34 09-21-2012 10:59 AM

I believe I am on it too with my M Sport :thumbup:. MyBMW shows the car is en route but 800 number says awaiting a vessel. Was at port several days ago so Im guessing its on the Carmen heading for NY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7087575)
bmwusa via live person and prompt both show at dock still. VIN not recognized as on ship till day after it left port.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
Who else is on The Carmen?
ordered 8-6
completed 9-13
Port waiting for ship not sure


Mykatie 09-21-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerswld34 (Post 7088127)
I believe I am on it too with my M Sport :thumbup:. MyBMW shows the car is en route but 800 number says awaiting a vessel. Was at port several days ago so Im guessing its on the Carmen heading for NY.

BMWUSA still show me waiting for vessel for transport. Better to ck the ships cargo put your VIN in box to far right then click track
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Mykatie 09-21-2012 12:55 PM

Just checked and making first stop at ZEEBRUGGE

Mykatie 09-25-2012 08:04 AM

Just found Windsor is also on Carmen. Anyone else?

windsor027 09-25-2012 08:30 AM

We should all show up at the port on the 2nd and make sure those customs officials put the extra-glazed doughnuts down, start working and get our cars out ASAP. :D

Mykatie 09-25-2012 08:51 AM

Sounds like a plan

Mykatie 09-25-2012 11:15 AM

I am going to email CA and advise not to put any badges, stickers etc, that reflect the dealer. I also will ask him to fix my ASS :) Seems there is a software chg they can make to make it easier to disengage the Automatic Stop Start feature the engine uses for fuel economy. I am not sure how I feel about affixing front plate. I guess I am going to have them do it or get a ticket for not having front plate attached.

machinaNYC 09-25-2012 11:20 AM

how do i check if mine is on there. I don't have a vin#...leasing co. said they wont have it till car gets stateside.

Mykatie 09-25-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinaNYC (Post 7095480)
how do i check if mine is on there. I don't have a vin#...leasing co. said they wont have it till car gets stateside.

All I can say is there is a vin# once cars is produced. I am dealing with BMW dealer. I am sure leasing company is also, but they may not be able to or may not want to take the extra step to get that number from bmw. There is also a production number assigned when the car is started. If you had that number you may be able to go to BMWUSA build a user then ck the production number. If build is complete it will show VIN. Good luck.

Mykatie 09-29-2012 07:18 PM

Tic toc, tic toc... Been a long week but car will be here by Tuesday morning...

boltjaM3s 09-29-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7104489)
Tic toc, tic toc... Been a long week but car will be here by Tuesday morning...

Couple of last minute things to remember:

- The dealer should throw in the heavy-duty winter mats for free. Best way to leverage that is during the exit interview where they're suggesting you give them "all 5ís" on the transaction satisfaction phone survey.

- You shouldn't have to set foot at DMV. The car should come with plates, registration, and inspection all done. A reminder to your CA avoids delays.

- Request the ASS recode permission be granted by BMW corporate before your car arrives at the dealer so you can get it done prior to delivery and not cause a day's delay in the process.

- Download the owners manual and watch the how-to videos here so you're prepared at delivery:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=648287

- If you don't want a front license plate or dealer logos make sure to let them know.

Enjoy!

BJ

Mykatie 09-29-2012 08:07 PM

Thanks bj, already discussed all that with dealer except the mats. I will look into winter mats.

windsor027 09-30-2012 05:04 AM

Good points BJ. Thanks.

Mykatie 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

I know it arrives ETA tomorrow morn 3 A.M. ,so getting revved. I wish it would show already on the marine traffic.

windsor027 10-01-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7106603)
I know it arrives ETA tomorrow morn 3 A.M. ,so getting revved. I wish it would show already on the marine traffic.


its strange it doesn't show. I mean how far can it be off the coast with 12 to 15 hours to go? I think the car Gods are screwing with us...

Mykatie 10-01-2012 12:45 PM

The Carmen is back on marine traffic! Click link in first post. According to marine traffic it will be about 7 hours late. :(

Mykatie 10-02-2012 05:02 AM

She is at the vdc

windsor027 10-02-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7108208)
She is at the vdc

yea. Now we have to wait for the donuts eating custom officials to release the cargo to the dealer. What do you think? 3 days?

Mykatie 10-02-2012 06:10 AM

I hope not. Originally this vessel was supposed to arrive at port here on 10-1. I actually cut and past the vessels schedule. If it did arrive on 10-1, good chance of getting cars by Saturday. Now I doubt I would get mine by Saturday if it takes that long to clear customs. My dealer is closed Sunday. I would love to take a long Run up to Binghamton NY area this weekend. It is a 3 day weekend.

windsor027 10-02-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7108287)
I hope not. Originally this vessel was supposed to arrive at port here on 10-1. I actually cut and past the vessels schedule. If it did arrive on 10-1, good chance of getting cars by Saturday. Now I doubt I would get mine by Saturday if it takes that long to clear customs. My dealer is closed Sunday. I would love to take a long Run up to Binghamton NY area this weekend. It is a 3 day weekend.

At this point I would be happy to have it next Monday. problem is they will need to drive it down for that to happen. I have no issue with that they drove down my X5 and credit me with 350 miles. But if I can have it Saturday i am taking a train up there and getting it myself.

Mykatie 10-02-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsor027 (Post 7108315)
At this point I would be happy to have it next Monday. problem is they will need to drive it down for that to happen. I have no issue with that they drove down my X5 and credit me with 350 miles. But if I can have it Saturday i am taking a train up there and getting it myself.

LOL, A thought, they are paying someone to drive it down for them. Someone who you KNOW is going to have a little fun. ask them to hire you for free. I did think they usually transport in special BMW covered trailers.

windsor027 10-02-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykatie (Post 7108346)
LOL, A thought, they are paying someone to drive it down for them. Someone who you KNOW is going to have a little fun. ask them to hire you for free. I did think they usually transport in special BMW covered trailers.

that is exaclty what they did with the X5. personally I don't mind it to be honest.

ojasray 10-03-2012 08:20 AM

Me to!
 
I was tracking mine it also came on the Carmen - no update on the BMW website, however. Any idea when i would get mine, i live literally 30 mins from the VPC

windsor027 10-03-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojasray (Post 7110792)
I was tracking mine it also came on the Carmen - no update on the BMW website, however. Any idea when i would get mine, i live literally 30 mins from the VPC

it all depends on your dealer. They need to prep the car first. But since you are so close honestly i don't think you have to wait past Saturday.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms