A few words and some thanks!!!!!
Well now that the OFFICIAL INAUGURAL INTERNATIONAL BIMMERFEST EVENT is over it's time for a few words and thanks.
Well what can I say? The day started off a little worrysome. Friday evening gave us some heavy rains and left us with some overcast skies. Around 9:00 am on the day of the event we started to feel a slight drizzle putting a few furrowed eyebrows and and a couple extra worry lines on some foreheads. A quick wipe down and the sun came out to shine on us for the entire day. THANK YOU BIMMERFEST GODS!!!!!!
I have to say that the I was completely blown away at the turnout. I wasn't expecting maybe 50 cars. Instead we got over a hundred!!! :yikes: Lots of gorgeous cars in a wide range of models. I hope I can safely say a good time was had by all and the atmosphere feel just as good at the Bimmerfest 2003 in Santa Barbara that I attended.
The cruise was an absolute blast. 30+ cars and no one got hurt, maimed or ticketed. Although a "friendly" RCMP constable gave us a stern warning for erratic driving, speeding and taking pictures from sunrooves. "That's a $402 ticket." she told us. The running joke from there was, "Why wasn't it $403? Or $401?" :dunno: :dunno:
- Rob and his staff at Tunerworks were great hosts and they put in a lot of work and effort throughout the course of tha day to make this event a success.
- ALL of the attendees. Without them this event could never have taken place.
- All of our long distance guests. Thanks for showing us your support by taking the time to make the long trek to Calgary.
- Thanks to our prize sponsors: Bimmian, Euro Auto Solutions and Tunerworks.
- Thanks to Silent Rage for the beautiful trophies on such short notice.
- Of course thanks to Jon, Mark, Tim and all the 'festers for their support.
Here's to an even better and bigger event next year.
Ya done me proud...
:thumbup: X 2!!
It seems like it was a great event. I wish I could have been there this year :(
Great job on the event and thanks to everyone that was involved. As Clem said, here's to an even better and bigger event next year. :beerchug: :thumbup:
so is there going to be another event in Calgary again this summer?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms