Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask-A-Dealer (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   October 2012 BMWFS Sales Support Programs (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647368)

Jon Shafer 09-21-2012 10:25 PM

October 2012 BMWFS Sales Support Programs
 
The October - December BMW "Sales Support" Marketing Programs are going to be super strong...
You ain't seen nothin' yet...

:angel:

First, figure out exactly what you want, and then get ready to place your orders.

Just be sure you are working with a Bimmerfest Sponsor, okay?

8^)

Travel4Surf 09-22-2012 09:55 AM

+1. When is the rabbit coming out of the hat??

Tirpitz 09-22-2012 10:27 AM

Never having dealt with ordering a car a question. I ordered an X1 in September. No way it will be here before November. Does that count as a September sale or is the sale a November one that can take advantage of any relevant incentives?

Won't kill me if I don't get the new stuff because waiting would have pushed delivery into 2013.

BMW_F1 09-22-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirpitz (Post 7089956)
Never having dealt with ordering a car a question. I ordered an X1 in September. No way it will be here before November. Does that count as a September sale or is the sale a November one that can take advantage of any relevant incentives?

Won't kill me if I don't get the new stuff because waiting would have pushed delivery into 2013.

Providing that you already filled out a credit application you can choose between the September programs and those available in November. However, you have to take everything from that month. For example, you can't take a holiday credit from November and pair it with September's lease rates.

Tirpitz 09-22-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_F1 (Post 7090241)
Providing that you already filled out a credit application you can choose between the September programs and those available in November. However, you have to take everything from that month. For example, you can't take a holiday credit from November and pair it with September's lease rates.

OK- makes sense. I did get approved in September at the current 3.79 rate through BMW. And I did not have any other incentives that are expiring so it seems like I'm well positioned no matter what happens. Tend to doubt there will be much on the X1 since it is a new release here in the USA but you never know....

Hockeypuck 09-22-2012 09:14 PM

Sales are down. Company is losing momentum. Competition is gaining ground. They better do something special. The numbers do not lie.

Jon Shafer 09-22-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypuck (Post 7090780)
Sales are down. Company is losing momentum. Competition is gaining ground. They better do something special. The numbers do not lie.


Actually, my prediction is based on the increase in production over last year, and that the bulk of it is arriving at dealerships in the next 90 days. Sales have actually been pretty strong. I agree that the competition is getting heavier, let's just hope that it keeps pushing everyone to keep improving...

schnell525 09-22-2012 11:25 PM

hmmm,

so i should call my CA, order 2013 and trade in my 2012?

they'll give me invoice, minus all incentives and i'll give them some money on the deal?

seen this a lot over the last year.

the blow out at the end seems to be whatever's in inventory. you have to try and track down a car. so bmw will offer some cash, jack up interest rates a bit, lower residuals and offer some cash. so you'll have a great choice of black or white cars.

i have no problem working a deal, but we've seen hype a few times. i don't mind seeming some hype as well.

however i remember the 750 active hybrid stuff where the numbers were plain as day out there last year, and some dealers wouldn't do it.

specialist23 09-23-2012 06:05 AM

Just ordered/leased a 13 x5. Would you suggest delaying delivery into Oct? Do you think the deals will be that much better?

Jon Shafer 09-23-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialist23 (Post 7091029)
Just ordered/leased a 13 x5. Would you suggest delaying delivery into Oct? Do you think the deals will be that much better?


If you just ordered it, and it is already the end of September, then you will be taking delivery in October, right?
If so, then you can take advantage of any potential program enhancements -- provide your dealer allows you to participate.

specialist23 09-23-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 7091824)
If you just ordered it, and it is already the end of September, then you will be taking delivery in October, right?
If so, then you can take advantage of any potential program enhancements -- provide your dealer allows you to participate.

Sorry, "ordered" as in there was a vehicle already being built with pretty much all the specs we wanted.

I believe the vehicle should be read for delivery this week. if you were in my shoes, would you delay it? If so, how can I do this? Easy as saying I want to take delivery of it next week because of the possible incentives?

Would you mind sharing what some of your thoughts are in reference to these programs? We are already taking advantage of the pull ahead program. Would these new programs allow us to do both?

Jon Shafer 09-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialist23 (Post 7092160)
Sorry, "ordered" as in there was a vehicle already being built with pretty much all the specs we wanted.

I believe the vehicle should be read for delivery this week. if you were in my shoes, would you delay it? If so, how can I do this? Easy as saying I want to take delivery of it next week because of the possible incentives?

Would you mind sharing what some of your thoughts are in reference to these programs? We are already taking advantage of the pull ahead program. Would these new programs allow us to do both?

Since most dealers are hoping to bolster their September month-end numbers, pushing your delivery back may not be feasible. If you present your desire to delay delivery in the way you are suggesting, you probably won't receive a warm response. My post was not intended to discourage people from taking delivery now. Sounds like you have a great deal worked out? If your car is not ready for delivery by this weekend, get a rate lock anyway as insurance, and next week you'll have your choice as to which is more advantageous to you -- September or October programs.

Travel4Surf 09-23-2012 09:13 PM

Let's hope for atleast three thing:

1-Higher loyality rebate
2-Lower MF%
3-Higher residuals
4-free upgrades to business class for ED?

Trying to justify the price difference from a 740Li and A8L....

740Li v6 USA PRICE
53% at 15k @ 0.00145

88,000 MSRP
4,000 -Dealer Discount
750- Loyalty
700 -App
---------------------
$83,550 Cost $1,214 Month +tax

vs

740Li ED PRICE
53% at 15k @ 0.00175

88,000 MSRP
10,000 -Dealer Discount (Ed +1k)
750- Loyalty
700 -App
---------------------
$76,550 Cost, $1,046 Month +tax

vs

A8L USA PRICE
51% at 15k @ 0.00078

88,000 MSRP
10,000 -Dealer Discount
3,000 -Conquest Rebate
---------
$75,000 Cost, $930 Month +tax

BiTurbo 09-23-2012 10:04 PM

Its a no brainer IMO. Go with the Audi.

specialist23 09-24-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 7092335)
Since most dealers are hoping to bolster their September month-end numbers, pushing your delivery back may not be feasible. If you present your desire to delay delivery in the way you are suggesting, you probably won't receive a warm response. My post was not intended to discourage people from taking delivery now. Sounds like you have a great deal worked out? If your car is not ready for delivery by this weekend, get a rate lock anyway as insurance, and next week you'll have your choice as to which is more advantageous to you -- September or October programs.

Thanks again for all of the help, much appreciated.

Still wondering if I should hold out though. The one thing that would be lost is the $500 app discount as from my understanding that ends at the end of this month. BUT lets say they drop the MF by a substantial amount, then perhaps it would be worth waiting for.

The vehicle is still not even at the dealership yet and so it may be that it's not even ready until next week. Is it fair to assume no one will know the new programs until the 1st of the month?

Jon Shafer 09-24-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialist23 (Post 7093011)
Thanks again for all of the help, much appreciated.

Still wondering if I should hold out though. The one thing that would be lost is the $500 app discount as from my understanding that ends at the end of this month. BUT lets say they drop the MF by a substantial amount, then perhaps it would be worth waiting for.

The vehicle is still not even at the dealership yet and so it may be that it's not even ready until next week. Is it fair to assume no one will know the new programs until the 1st of the month?

Yep, we won't know what the new programs are until they are officially announced. Why do you say you would lose the app rebate (it's not a discount)? It is lockable too...

Fzara2000 09-25-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 7089274)
The October - December BMW "Sales Support" Marketing Programs are going to be super strong...
You ain't seen nothin' yet...

:angel:

First, figure out exactly what you want, and then get ready to place your orders.

Just be sure you are working with a Bimmerfest Sponsor, okay?

8^)

October has to be insane so I can still take advantage of my Team USA discount and $750 owner's loyalty discount...

While i'm shopping for a 335is...i'm still tempted to go with a '13 F30 MSport. Unfortunately, BMW screwed over its customers looking for the new navi in the '13 F30 because they're implementing them in the November builds, which is subsequently when all of the discounts end..

Jon - any 'noise' whether the discounts in October - December will match or exceed the offers currently ($1k Team USA, $750 loyalty, BMW App., etc.)

mrjoed2 09-25-2012 02:31 PM

Jon,

Any idea if any of the Oct-Dec incentives will include the 6 series? Finally decided on the 650i coupe config I want, and wish to do a PCD using the USAA program, so I can order from any Bimmerfest dealer. I see BMW is running a special on the 7 series - a free M sport Pkg, what a deal !

NoI4plz 09-26-2012 01:39 PM

Sounds great Jon! Looking forward to it

grkmec 09-28-2012 01:55 PM

Any word yet?

Hockeypuck 09-28-2012 07:20 PM

It looks like something is about to happen. I stopped by the local dealer today and they had more 3 series on the lot than I have ever seen before. They were almost all 328s but they had a big mix of models styles.

Jon Shafer 09-28-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grkmec (Post 7102533)
Any word yet?

We won't hear anything at all until Monday afternoon, although the extension of the Ultimate Drive App until 12/31 was announced earlier today...

:thumbup:

dnadrifter 09-28-2012 11:23 PM

Jon,

How likely would it be that loyalty cash would go up or there would be another non-lease incentive. Basically we were expecting to pick up a new car next weekend, but it came in early so we were going to pick it up Sunday. This thread has me reconsidering that. Our dealer is pretty laid back and doesn't seem too worried about when we take delivery. Is there really any potential downside to waiting a few days to a week?

Jon Shafer 09-28-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnadrifter (Post 7103274)
Jon,

How likely would it be that loyalty cash would go up or there would be another non-lease incentive. Basically we were expecting to pick up a new car next weekend, but it came in early so we were going to pick it up Sunday. This thread has me reconsidering that. Our dealer is pretty laid back and doesn't seem too worried about when we take delivery. Is there really any potential downside to waiting a few days to a week?

There is no downside unless your CA could potential lose a volume bonus. But then again, it could help them make it next month...

All I can say for certain is that inventory levels have swollen -- not so much because sales have been slow, but rather BMW has very strong objectives year over year from last year, resulting in a large increase in "Days Supply" right now, and large push of wholesale deliveries throughout the remainder of the calendar year. OLP could be enhanced. Other promotional bonuses, or even special lease rates and/or trunk money. Please don't let my prediction preclude you from taking delivery of your new BMW. I could be wrong...

Mbbrewer 09-30-2012 02:18 AM

Does your prediction assume that the incentive programs are going to apply mostly on leased vehicles? I've got my ED scheduled on 10/19 and the dealer wants payment 2 weeks before. I'm not leasing so hopefully they'll be some good incentives to apply.

Are Q4 programs announced tomorrow?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms